Fw: The Benefits of Ayatul Kursi

  • fadheelah
    Message 1 of 1 , Aug 14, 2003

      Integr8 IT rubs shoulders with Intel in Berlin

      The Benefits of Aayatul Kursi
      It is the Most Respectable Ayat of the Qur'aan Kareem

      1) Hadhrat Ali bin Kaab (Radiahallahu Anhu) remarks that Nabi
      (Sallallahu alayhi wasallam) asked him,"Which is the most high ranking
      Aayat in the Qur'aan Kareem?" He said, "Allaah and His Rasul know best".
      Rasulallah repeated this statement very often. Hadhrat Ali (Radiahallahu
      Anhu) stated, "Ayatul Kursi". Nabi (Sallallahu alayhi wasallam) said:"Oh
      Abul Munzar (family name of Abi bin Kaab). May you be blessed by this
      knowledge. I swear by that Being in whose Hands and Control is my life,
      that this Ayat has one tongue and two lips. It is by the threshold of
      Allaah's Arsh, Mentioning His purity".

      2) Hadhrat Ali (Radiahallahu Anhu) states that there was a room of
      dates, which he used to guard. He suspected that some dates were going
      missing. Thus one night he stood vigil and saw an animal like a young
      person. Hadhrat Ali (Radiahallahu Anhu) said: "I greeted and received a
      reply". I asked," Who are you? Man or Jinn?" It said, "Jinn. I said,
      Give me your hand". He outstretched his hand. I noticed that the hand
      was like that of a dog. Its hair like the hair of the dog. I asked, "Are
      Jinns created like this?" It said, "The Jinns know there are amongst
      them more stronger ones". I enquired," Why did you steal?". He replied,"
      I have come to know that you love to give charity so I decided to take a
      part also." Hadhrat Ali (Radiahallahu Anhu) said: "Who will save us from
      your evil? It said, "Aayatul Kursi which is in Surah Baqarah. He who
      reads it at night will be saved from our evil till the morning and he
      who reads it in the morning will be saved from our evil till the night."

      In the morning Hadhrat Ali (Radiahallahu Anhu) came to Nabi (Sallallahu
      alayhi wasallam) and narrated the entire event to him. Nabi (Sallallahu
      alayhi wasallam) said,"That rascal has stated the truth although he is a
      great liar."

      3) It is reported from Hadhrat Askee Baqri that Nabi (Sallallahu alayhi
      wasallam) came to the abode of the Muhajreen when one person asked, "In
      the Qur'aan Kareem which is the most lofty Ayat?" Nabi (Sallallahu
      alayhi wasallam) repeated "Ayatul Kursi".

      4) Hadhrat Hassan reports in "Marfoonaan", "I have been given Ayatul
      Kursi." Nabi (Sallallahu alayhi wasallam) said,"Surah Fateha, Ayatul
      Kursi and the two Ayats of Al-Imraan (Shaheedal Allaah - 18th Ayat), and
      "Qul Allaahumma Malekal mulk til Bi Ghairi Hisaab (Ayat 26/7) are
      attached to the Arsh and say, "Oh our Rabb, You are sending us onto
      earth to disobedient ones!!! Allaah says, "I have given you such status,
      whosoever from amongst my servants recites you after every Salaat, his
      resting place will be Jannat. And I will make his abode in Jannatul
      Quddoos and fulfill 70 needs of his daily needs, the least of which is
      forgiving him and saving him from all enemies of evils.

      5) Hadhrat Anas (Radiahallahu Anhu) narrates that Rasulallaah
      (Sallallahu alayhi wasallam) asked one of his companions: "Oh, so and so
      are you married?" He replied: "No, I do not have enough wealth that I
      may marry.", Nabi (Sallallahu alayhi wasallam) said: "Do you know Surah
      Qul Huwallaahu Ahad?" The Sahaba replied: "I know". Nabi (Sallallahu
      alayhi wasallam) said: "It is equal to a quarter of the Qur'aan. Nabi
      (Sallallahu alayhi wasallam) asked: "Do you not know Qul Yaa Ayyuhal
      Kaafiroon?" The Sababi replied "I know". Nabi (Sallallahu alayhi
      wasallam) said " "It is equal to a quarter of the Qur'aan." Nabi
      (Sallallahu alayhi wasallam) asked, "Do you not know Surah "Iza Zul
      Zilzilaat " ?" The Sahaabi replied, "I Know". Nabi (Sallallahu alayhi
      wasallam) said: "It is a quarter of the Qur'aan". Nabi (Sallallahu
      alayhi wasallam) asked: "Do you not know Surah Iza Jaa a Nasrullaahi Wal
      Fath" The Sahabi replied "I Know" Nabi (Sallallahu alayhi wasallam)
      said, it is a quarter of the Qur'aan. Nabi (Sallallahu alayhi wasallam)
      asked: "Do you know the Ayatul Kursi?" The Sahabi replied "I know". Nabi
      (Sallallahu alayhi wasallam) said, "It is equal to a quarter of the
      Qur'aan. Marry, Marry, Marry."

      6) Hadhrat Anas (Radiahallahu Anhu) said that Nabi (Sallallahu alayhi
      wasallam) said, "The one who recites Ayatul Kursi after every fard
      Salaat will be protected until the next Salaat and this is constantly
      done by a Nabi or a Siddiq or a martyr.

      7) Hadhrat Hassan bin Ali (Radiahallahu Anhu) says, "A person once
      asked: "Oh Rasulallaah (Sallallahu alayhi wasallam) what does that
      person receive who recites Ayatul Kursi after every Fard Salaat ? Nabi
      (Sallallahu alayhi wasallam) said: "That person remains under the
      protection of Allaah until the next Salaat."

      8) Hadhrat Anas (Radiahallahu Anhu) says: Rasulallaah (Sallallahu alayhi
      wasallam) asked; "Do you know which Ayat in the Qur'aan is most lofty? "
      I said, "Allaah and his Rasul know more." Nabi (Sallallahu alayhi
      wasallam) read Ayatul Kursi.

      9) Hadhrat Efai bin Abdullah Kallee said that one person asked."Oh
      Rasulallaah (Sallallahu alayhi wasallam), which Ayat in the Qur'aan is
      the most lofty one?" Nabi (Sallallahu alayhi wasallam) said: " Ayatul
      Kursi". The person asked,"Which Ayat has those benefits which you desire
      for your Ummah, in the Qur'aan?" Nabi (Sallallahu alayhi wasallam) said:
      "The last Ayat of Surah Baqarah, for it is from the treasures of Allaah
      from underneath the threshold of the Arsh. It encompasses all the good
      of this world and the Aakhiraat".

      10) Hadhrat Muhammad bin al Saumi bin Al Salsal bin Damasc narrates from
      his father, who in turn, narrates from his father that Rasulallaah
      (Sallallahu alayhi wasallam) said: " Whoever recites Ayatul Kursi after
      every fard Salaat, there is only death between him and Jannat", he will
      enter into Jannat immediately when he dies.

      11) Hadhrat Ibne Anas (Radiahallahu Anhu) says that Rasulallaah
      (Sallallahu alayhi wasallam) said: "The one who recites Ayatul Kursi
      after every Fard Salaat, Allaah Ta'aala will grant him a gratifying
      heart, actions of the truthful and reward like the Ambiyaa. Special
      mercies will descend upon him, and death is the only barrier from his
      entrance into Jannat. On dying he will enter Janaat".