FW: [MuslimIntelligencer] Islamic Magazine IQRA Friday, February 01, 2008, Muharram 22, 1429 A.H Courtesy:http://jang.com.pk/thenews/feb2008-weekly/iqra-01-02-2008/index.html

  • A. Moussa
    Message 1 of 1 , Feb 1, 2008

      From: MuslimIntelligencer@yahoogroups.com [mailto: MuslimIntelligencer@yahoogroups.com ] On Behalf Of Abdul Wahid Osman Belal
      Sent: Friday, February 01, 2008 7:20 AM
      To: aawaz-e-dost@yahoogroups.com; muslimintelligencer@yahoogroups.com; political_analysts@yahoogroups.com; ar_ruuh@yahoogroups.com; islamcity@yahoogroups.com; interfaithdialoguecenter@yahoogroups.com; fourteenstars@yahoogroups.com; news@...; webmaster@...; sirajwahab@...; history_islam-owner@yahoogroups.com; discussing_religion@yahoogroups.com; jotimes@...; mujahid-e-islam@yahoogroups.com; issuesonline_worldwide@yahoogroups.com; islamisthetruth@yahoogroups.com; islam4all@yahoogroups.com; greatestpakistan@yahoogroups.com; canadian_muslims@...; geoislam@yahoogroups.com; Multiculturalism-PluralismGroup@yahoogroups.com; realwideminds@yahoogroups.com; revealing_the_truth@yahoogroups.com; Islam-Science@yahoogroups.com
      Subject: [MuslimIntelligencer] Islamic Magazine IQRA Friday, February 01, 2008, Muharram 22, 1429 A.H Courtesy:http://jang.com.pk/thenews/feb2008-weekly/iqra-01-02-2008/index.html

      Friday, February  01, 2008, Muharram 22, 1429  A.H

      Google

      'If you can't say something good, say nothing at all'

      By Dr Shariffa Carlo

      Living in non-Muslim societies, it is easy for us to fall into the habits and customs of these lands. We start to set our moral compasses in relation to theirs. Sometimes, we go so far as to think that if what we are doing is better than what they are doing, its acceptable. While this may be true in a society of honourable people, in this society where the woman who wears a one-piece bathing suit instead of a bikini is considered modest, we cannot use them to set our compasses. We have to set our standards much higher. They have to correspond with the teachings and understandings of Islam.