Re: A pound of venison or a pound of ric

  • njhunter61
    Message 1 of 3358 , Apr 1, 2000
      Good post.I am a wildlife biologist in the state
      of New Jersey.The reasons for the overpopulation of
      the white tailed deer are many,and the one thing that
      gets me all the time is this.When the population of a
      large animal like the deer is out of control then ALL
      other animals in the habitat suffer more.Deer are very
      adaptable,they need very little cover a bit of water and they
      are set.You see the deer we have here eat over 600
      diferent kind of plants and so on.The only real means of
      control we have now is hunting,nothing eles works end of
      story.<br><br>If antone out there thinks otherwise let me
      know,what your answer to the problem is..I would like to
      debate it with you.
      Message 3358 of 3358 , Apr 6, 2002