Re: A pound of venison or a pound of ric

  • Bearc1aw
    Message 1 of 3358 , Mar 23, 2000
      "No other Animal Deaths would be eventually
      caused if " I " had the initial 25 mice" killed." The
      "food chain" starts with a food supply. In other words,
      there wouldn't be any of the Predators you
      mentioned."<br><br>I take it you are saying that you would make an
      effort to have a farm in an area where no predators are.
      That is good for you. You care about animals, but most
      farmers dont think the same way. I'm not saying they dont
      care just that they dont look into it this well so
      that they can make sure they have a low impact on
      animals.<br><br>"Before I answer, Are the "deer" also responsible for
      there own animal deaths because they do eat
      this out because it is interesting. Deer herds have
      been hurt do to over population, but that has other
      things involved like people taking up so much of there
      land, people killing the deer predators, etc. that are
      responsible for any possible deer over population.<br><br>It
      does bring up the point though that farms take up a
      lot of land area. That forces animals to be more
      condenced and we do see animal deaths from that as well.
      Granted we get deaths from things like urban sprawl and
      other things as well.<br><br>"With increased
      Urbanization, the Modern day Hunter uses a "Machine" to get to
      the Field or Forest area to hunt. Usually surrounded
      by 'Grain Fields' . How many animal deaths are
      associated with Automobile manufacturing and the Fuel for
      them(hunters) to get there to harvest the 1,000 pounds of
      "free" Protein?"<br><br>True, but to ues it here you (or
      I or someone) would have to know what the numbers
      are for actual hunting compaired to say travel. It
      would have to be spiffic to the hunting, not general
      travel. It would be good to find out though.<br><br>If we
      were going to use this though then it also has to be
      factored in for the peoples cars that are farmers, trucks
      to take the grain, Trucks / cars to bring in things
      like seed, pesticides (sp???) etc.<br><br>Then also as
      we use more and more land both the farmer and the
      hunter have to travel further away, but the farmer has
      answer eather one of us have we ahve done one thing. We
      have given reason for others and ourselfes to think
      about our food sources and what inpact that has on the
      land around us. I think we both have some really good
      points here. Where your food comes from is always good
      to look at.
      Message 3358 of 3358 , Apr 6 8:45 AM