Re: nimal rights???????

  • nige_the_vegan
    Message 1 of 3358 , Sep 30, 1999
      First, I never said we are the same. However we
      do have similarities.<br><br>many people believe
      animals live for their own reasons. they want to raise
      families as we do. they want to have strong mother/child
      bonds as we do. they want to live full lives as we do.
      we believe there is no ETHICAL justification for
      locking them up in cages and depriving them of their true
      lives just because they are an arbitrary species. We
      eat tuna, but save dolphins. We eat cattle, but not
      lions. The arbitrary way we do this is illogical and so
      it must come down to some historical precedent. This
      however is also no argument, since by this reasoning we
      would still burn witches, keep slaves and eat our
      enemies.<br><br>So, what is the ethical justification for depriving
      animals of their freedom, breeding them into
      monstrosities, diddling with their DNA, and then killing them?
      And for what? So that humans go to an early grave?
      The complete lack of logic in all this is crass
      stupidity and is an indelible blemish on the character of
      humanity
      Message 3358 of 3358 , Apr 6, 2002