Re: nimal rights???????

  • nige_the_vegan
    Message 1 of 3358 , Sep 30, 1999
      You claim animals are different than people and
      use as an example that they breed and breed and breed
      and therefore it is ok to exploit them. As a rebuttal
      I say that with regard to people, they breed too
      much too without taking into account the carrying
      capacity of the planet. Therefore in this case YOUR
      argument falls down.<br><br>And let's take Somalia. There
      is enough food to go round - but it is plenty in
      some parts of the world and not in others. We deny
      giving it to other humans because we prefer to feed it
      to cattle, for some reason.<br><br>People who argue
      for rights believe it is a good thing to rid the
      world of hunger. And ridding the world of hunger cannot
      be done by attempting to feed everyone on an
      american, high dairy, high animal protein diet. Might I
      humbly suggest you contact the University of Rhode
      Island and ask them to verify this. <br><br>Oh, saying
      that I'm wrong, period, not really an intellectual way
      to discuss these issues.
      Message 3358 of 3358 , Apr 6, 2002