Last day to help!!! Only 5 hours left!

  • Jamie Marfurt
    Message 1 of 2 , Feb 1, 2008
      We need all the help we can get in the next 5 hours!! Spread the word!!

      Saving Shelter Pets is in a contest that ENDS TODAY (Feb 1st) at 3pm EST for a chance to win a $10,000 grant! The 13 groups with the most donations will win, and Saving Shelter Pets is currently in 33rd place. For those of you who might not be aware, this dedicated team is represented by a small, all-volunteer group, with 100% of donations going directly to the animals!

      If Saving Shelter Pets wins the $10,000 grant, the monies will be distributed evenly to each of their programs:
      - Spay & Neuter
      - Rescue & Transport
      - Puppy Promises

      To make your $10 contribution, please follow this link:
      http://apps.facebook.com/causes/view_cause/57747?h=plw&recruiter_id=3884098

      (you will have to sign up for a Facebook account...I know it's a bit of a pain, but the account can be deleted in two days when the contest is over.) All donations are tax-deductible. For more information, please check out www.savingshelterpets.com.

      Thanks in advance for your kind consideration.

      What this means for Georgia animals...
      Saving Shelter Pets rescues hundreds of cats and dogs a year from high-kill shelters in Georgia (including Athens, Heard, DeKalb, Murray, NEGAS, Augusta, Rockdale, etc) SSP also sponsors spay days in several Georgia counties, along with the innovative Puppy Promises program that not only rescues puppies before they enter shelters, but also SPAYS all the momma dogs to prevent future litters!

      What this means for Ohio animals... Saving Shelter Pets has been collaborating with the Humane Society of Columbiana County and the RASCAL mobile unit to sponsor low-cost spay & neuter weekends. The next one they will be cosponsoring is tentatively scheduled for April. The cost to SSP is approximately $700-$900 for each weekend. The $10,000 grant would really help saving Shelter Pets fund this spay & neuter program....along with our other programs.

    • connie allen
      Message 2 of 2 , Feb 1, 2008
        dear jamie,oh,this is very difficult,you have caught me at a time when i am in a bind, lets say, and cant hardly help myself.but trust me when i say that if i had it, i would send you money for these animals ,i adore them all.just please forgive me,sorry. From Yours Truly,With Lots of Love Connie

        To: savingshelterpets@yahoogroups.comFrom: jamie_marfurt@...: Fri, 1 Feb 2008 07:23:14 -0800Subject: [Discuss Animal Rights] Last day to help!!! Only 5 hours left!

        We need all the help we can get in the next 5 hours!! Spread the word!!Saving Shelter Pets is in a contest that ENDS TODAY (Feb 1st) at 3pm EST for a chance to win a $10,000 grant! The 13 groups with the most donations will win, and Saving Shelter Pets is currently in 33rd place. For those of you who might not be aware, this dedicated team is represented by a small, all-volunteer group, with 100% of donations going directly to the animals! If Saving Shelter Pets wins the $10,000 grant, the monies will be distributed evenly to each of their programs:- Spay & Neuter- Rescue & Transport- Puppy PromisesTo make your $10 contribution, please follow this link:http://apps.facebook.com/causes/view_cause/57747?h=plw&recruiter_id=3884098(you will have to sign up for a Facebook account...I know it's a bit of a pain, but the account can be deleted in two days when the contest is over.) All donations are tax-deductible. For more information, please check out www.savingshelterpets.com.Thanks in advance for your kind consideration.What this means for Georgia animals...Saving Shelter Pets rescues hundreds of cats and dogs a year from high-kill shelters in Georgia (including Athens, Heard, DeKalb, Murray, NEGAS, Augusta, Rockdale, etc) SSP also sponsors spay days in several Georgia counties, along with the innovative Puppy Promises program that not only rescues puppies before they enter shelters, but also SPAYS all the momma dogs to prevent future litters!What this means for Ohio animals... Saving Shelter Pets has been collaborating with the Humane Society of Columbiana County and the RASCAL mobile unit to sponsor low-cost spay & neuter weekends. The next one they will be cosponsoring is tentatively scheduled for April. The cost to SSP is approximately $700-$900 for each weekend. The $10,000 grant would really help saving Shelter Pets fund this spay & neuter program....along with our other programs.[Non-text portions of this message have been removed]