Re: nimal rights???????

  • Gr8Longbowlio
    Message 1 of 3358 , Sep 29, 1999
      The impact of predators is minute compared to the
      impact of humans<<<< As a generalization,
      that is true, but should be qualified to include the
      non-hunting, non ARA population.<br><br>It is humans that
      despoil the earth and who cannot control their numbers.
      <<<<< If you are talking about the human population,
      this is true.<br><br>here in England the wild rabbits
      get out of control because chemicals kill the birds
      of prey and foxes go for easier targets like rubbish
      bins <<<< Thank You, that is entirely my
      point.<br><br>And if Florida had fewer golf courses then the
      'gators wouldn't have to stoop so low as to eat golfers.
      <<<< Hey, everyone needs a hobby.<br><br>Humans ARE in
      a position to control animal populations as you
      stated, however, the economic viability of these methods
      WILL determine what types of controls are utilized.
      Lately, PeTA has been championing the prairie dog as the
      "Bambi for the New Millenium." However, if sport hunting
      is eliminated as PeTA wishes, farmers and ranchers
      will have no choice but to poison the prairie dogs to
      extiction before the hunting bans go into effect. This will
      certianly affect populations of raptors, and feral canines
      (ie, coyote and fox). Would you risk another DDT type
      of scenario to save 100,000 prairie dogs, or would
      your rather risk 150,000,000 prairie dogs, hawks,
      eagles and coyotes?<br><br>The Great Longbowlio has
      spoken. Please return all tray tables and seat backs to
      their full upright position and extinguish all smoking
      materials.
      Message 3358 of 3358 , Apr 6, 2002