Animals as Heroes and More You are invited to join us at Veggie Heaven on two di

  • njjay5764
    Message 1 of 1 , Jun 16, 2007
      Animals as Heroes and More You are invited to join us at Veggie
      Heaven on two different Sundays for our upcoming Jewish Singles
      lunch parties

      Animals as Heroes will be the topic to be discussed at the monthly
      topic discussion group of the Science Fiction Association of Bergen
      County, New Jersey on Tuesday evening June 19th at 8 p.m.

      Hopefully it will be a lively discussion which would of course be
      even more lively if other animal rights advocates and vegetarian
      activists join the discussion. Consider the vast numbers of animals
      raised to be slaughtered for food who are victims all of the human
      desire to consume those animals.

      Two interesting Jewish singles lunches at a totally vegetarian,
      vegan, Kosher Chinese Restaurant are also mentioned in this post.
      Read on about all of this: Animals As Heroes
      and Jewish singles lunches at a totally vegetarian, vegan, Kosher
      Chinese Restaurant, among other items of interest below.

      Title: topic discussion group Science Fiction Association of
      Bergen County, New Jersey

      Date: Tuesday June 19, 2007
      Time: 8:00 pm - 10:00 pm
      Location: in the cafe of Borders Books in the Wayne Town Center
      Mall
      Street: 80 Wayne Town Center Route 23 South
      City State Zip: Wayne, New Jersey 07470
      Phone: The phone number for the store is (973) 785-0037
      Notes: SFABC EVENT TUESDAY JUNE 19TH 2007 at 8 PM
      Topic: Animals as Heroes

      The SFABC Science Fiction Association of Bergen
      County, New Jersey

      http://www.sfabc.org

      will host yet another of the wonderful SFABC topic discussion group
      events TUESDAY JUNE 19TH 2007 at 8 PM in the cafe of Borders Books
      in the Wayne Town Center Mall, junction of
      Routes 23 and 46, Wayne , New Jersey .

      80 Wayne Town Center Route 23 South
      Wayne, New Jersey 07470

      http://www.bordersstores.com/stores/store_pg.jsp?storeID=479.
      The phone number for the store is (973) 785-0037

      Topic: Animals as Heroes

      Phil and some others usually meet before the event
      for dinner at Jose Tejas on Route 46 west in Fairfield, New Jersey
      at 6:30 PM. phone number of the restaurant is
      (973) 808-8201
      location of the restaurant is
      647 US Highway 46 West
      Fairfield, NJ 07004

      You are invited to join them. If you do plan to join them, please
      CALL PHIL AT 201 447-3652 FOR DETAILS and TO VERIFY
      THAT THEY WILL BE THERE FOR DINNER

      http://www.sfabc.org
      contact Phil at SFABCPhil@...

      SFABCPhil@...

      SFABCPhil AT gmail.com

      Jewish Singles And Other Events

      You are invited to join us at Veggie Heaven on two different Sundays
      for our upcoming Jewish Singles lunch parties.

      The first will be on Sunday June 17th, 2007 c.e. at 12 Noon in
      Parsippany, New Jersey.

      The second will be on Sunday June 24th, 2007 c.e. at 12 Noon in
      Parsippany, New Jersey. These ARE Jewish Singles events for Jewish
      singles.

      We do not charge any fees for attending any of our

      events. When we go to restaurants you pay only for what you order
      plus tax and tip. You never pay us anything. You pay the restaurant
      directly. You do not have to be a member
      of any of our Yahoo Groups to attend any of our events. If you do
      join our Yahoo Groups
      there is no charge to join them and no charge to belong to them.

      Most Jewish singles events are of course attended primarily, but not
      exclusively, by Baby Boomers, give or take a few years or so,
      because Baby Boomers, give or take a few years or so are the largest
      element in the population as a whole. If you attend we ask that you
      be Jewish, single and over 21. You do not need a reservation to
      attend. Just show up. Most lunches, which include entree, and your
      choice of brown rice or white rice , and soup, are priced UNDER $6
      before tax and tip, except on Holidays, when lunch menus are
      unavailable, but the regular menu, which is also very economical, is
      available. If turnout is large people are invited to sit
      with whoever they feel comfortable sitting with, and to table hop if
      they wish.

      and

      and

      invite you to join us at Veggie Heaven, Kosher, Chinese, Totally
      Vegetarian (Vegan) Restaurant in Parsippany, New Jersey You are
      invited to join us at Veggie Heaven on two different Sundays for our
      upcoming Jewish Singles lunch parties. The first will be on Sunday
      Sunday June 17th, 2007 c.e at 12 Noon in Parsippany, New Jersey.

      The second will be on Sunday June 24th, 2007 c.e. at 12 Noon
      in Parsippany, New Jersey.

      These ARE Jewish Singles events for Jewish singles. Most
      Jewish singles events are of course attended primarily, but not
      exclusively, by Baby Boomers, give or take a few years or so,
      because Baby Boomers, give or take a few years or so are the largest
      element in the population as a whole. If you attend we ask that you
      be Jewish, single and over 21. You do not need a reservation to
      attend. Just show up. Most lunches, which include entree, and your
      choice of brown rice or white rice , and soup, are priced UNDER $6
      before tax and tip. If turnout is large people are invited to sit
      with whoever they feel comfortable sitting with, and to table hop if
      they wish.

      There is no charge to attend our events

      You do not have to be a member of any of our groups to attend the
      event. You pay the restaurant directly for whatever you order, plus
      tax and tip.

      These are Jewish Singles events for Jewish singles who are over
      21.

      Most Jewish singles events are of course attended primarily, but
      not exclusively, by Baby Boomers, give or take a few years or so,
      because Baby Boomers, give or take a few years or so are the largest
      element in the population as a whole.

      If turnout is large people are invited to sit with whoever they feel
      comfortable sitting with, and to table hop if they wish.

      You DO NOT need a reservation to attend. Simply show up.

      Please join us for these relaxed, informal social get togethers.
[...]

      Veggie Heaven is a 100% non-smoking restaurant,
      is moderately priced,has brown rice, does not use MSG or
      animal products, is Kosher and totally vegetarian, has plenty of
      free parking and is easy to reach from nearby highways.

      Here are the directions to Veggie Heaven It is a Vegan Chinese
      Totally Vegetarian Kosher Restaurant.

      The restaurant is located in Parsippany, New
      Jersey at 1119 Route 46 East #8A Parsippany, New Jersey, in a
      shopping center which has plenty of parking and is near Route 80.

      The telephone numbers of the restaurant are 973 335-9876 and 973 263-
      8331 the zip code, if you are using Mapquest, is 07054.

      From the West (I-80)Take I-80 East and exit at the Lake
      Hiawatha/Whippany exit. Make a left at the light at the exit go past
      the entrance ramp which would put you back onto Route 80 going west
      and make a left turn
      into the shopping center.

      From the South (I-287) Take I-287 North to the exit for I-80
      eastbound
      From the North (I-287) Take I-287 South to the exit for I-80
      eastbound

      Look for the signs for the Lake Hiawatha/Whippany Exit. Make a left
      at the light at the exit go past the entrance ramp which would put
      you back
      onto Route 80 going west and make a left turn into the shopping
      center.

      FROM THE GARDEN STATE PARKWAY TAKE EXIT 145 TO
      ROUTE 280 WEST THEN Take the NEW RD exit- exit number 1. 0.15 miles
      Keep RIGHT at the fork in the ramp. 0.07 miles Stay straight to go
      onto NEW RD. 0.63 miles Turn LEFT
      onto US-46 West. DRIVING WEST ON ROUTE 46 Continue for two traffic
      lights (second
      light is Parsippany-Troy Hills Shopping Center)which is at the
      INTERSECTION of Route 46 and Beverwyck Road

      AT WHICH YOU COULD TURN RIGHT TOWARDS LAKE
      HIAWATHA, INSTEAD OF TURNING
      RIGHT HOWEVER TURN LEFT AT THAT INTERSECTION
      ONTO SOUTH BEVERWYCK
      ROAD,THEN TURN RIGHT INTO THE SHOPPING CENTER
      ITSELF WHICH IS BEFORE
      THE WEST BOUND RAMP TO ANOTHER HIGHWAY DO NOT
      TURN RIGHT INTO THE
      BANK BUT TURN RIGHT BEYOND THE BANK AND INTO THE
      SHOPPING CENTER,
      VEGGIE HEAVEN IS NEAR THE HEALTH FOOD STORE AND IS
      IN THE MIDDLE OF
      THE SHOPPING CENTER, WHICH HAS PLENTY OF PARKING IF
      YOU GET LOST CALL
      THE RESTAURANT FOR DIRECTIONS IF YOU ARRIVE EARLY
      YOU MAY WISH TO DO SOME SHOPPING AT THE PATHMARK
      SUPERMARKET WHICH IS IN THE SAME SHOPPING CENTER.
      AND OR AT A HEALTH FOOD STORE ALSO LOCATED IN THE
      SAME SHOPPING CENTER.

      From Route 80 Westbound get off at Exit 47 which will take you onto
      Route 46 Westbound and proceed to the Parsippany-Troy Hills Shopping
      Center) which is at the INTERSECTION of Route 46 and Beverwyck Road

      AT WHICH YOU COULD TURN RIGHT TOWARDS LAKE
      HIAWATHA, INSTEAD OF TURNING
      RIGHT HOWEVER TURN LEFT AT THAT INTERSECTION
      ONTO SOUTH BEVERWYCK
      ROAD,THEN TURN RIGHT INTO THE SHOPPING CENTER
      ITSELF WHICH IS BEFORE
      THE WEST BOUND RAMP TO ANOTHER HIGHWAY DO NOT
      TURN RIGHT INTO THE
      BANK BUT TURN RIGHT BEYOND THE BANK AND INTO THE
      SHOPPING CENTER,
      VEGGIE HEAVEN IS NEAR THE HEALTH FOOD STORE AND IS
      IN THE MIDDLE OF
      THE SHOPPING CENTER, WHICH HAS PLENTY OF PARKING IF
      YOU GET LOST CALL
      THE RESTAURANT FOR DIRECTIONS

      The telephone numbers of the restaurant are 973 335-9876 and 973 263-
      8331 the zip code, if you are using Mapquest, is 07054. The
      restaurant is a
      non-smoking restaurant and moderately priced. The restaurant states
      that it does
      not use MSG and does not use any animal products at all. It is
      certified
      Kosher by United Kosher Supervision P.O. Box 317 Monsey, NEW YORK
      10952
      Phone: (845) 352-1010 Fax: (845) 352-0316 Rabbinic Administrator:
      Rabbi Yaakov Spivak

      We also hope that you will join
      Please state that you are Jewish, Single, 21 or over, when you apply
      to join the Jewish Singles Yahoo Groups at the websites the urls
      below will take you to

      we are trying to create a veggie world.
      That means of course getting more people to become aware of the need
      to go veggie.
      And what about the veggies who are out there already?

      Well I want to tell you a personal story about that. My late father
      was a veggie when he was younger, but he married a carnivore. As a
      result I was raised as a carnivore, though I can recall my late
      father eating vegetable plates at diners we would go to so he could
      get them and eating vegetarian Chinese food at Chinese restuarants
      we would go to so he could get that food. At long last he finally
      gave up and ended his vegetarianism.

      Though he live to what some consider to be "a ripe old age" I am
      convinced that had he remained a veggie he would still be alive. He
      has been dead for some years now.

      What all of that means of course is that we need to make sure that
      veggies marry veggies and that they raise their children as veggies.

      So the need for single veggie organizations is enormous.

      Subscribe: NJSingleVegetarians-subscribe@yahoogroups.com

      It was certainly good fortune that I became a veggie myself quite
      awhile ago but many children of these so-called " veg/carnivore"
      or "mixed-marriages" are not quite so lucky and end up as non-
      veggies.

      I am also of course promoting the veggie way of life to others who
      are not yet veggies.

      One key group to promote the veggie way of life to is science
      fiction fans. Why science fiction fans? Well because some science
      fiction fans actually become science fiction writers.

      Why science fiction writers then? Well because the way of life that
      we take for granted here in the so-called "first world", of
      industrialized nations is a way of life that not so long ago
      was considered to be science fiction. It was a science fiction
      writer: Arthur C. Clarke, who
      came up with the idea of communications satellites as a science
      fiction idea.

      Well they are fiction no more. Nor are communications devices that
      do not require wires.
      Remember the "communicators" on StarTrek? Chances are you have a
      cell phone in your pocket or in your car, or if you don't you know
      more than one person who does.

      Once again, fiction no more. Fact.

      The science fiction fan of today is the science fiction writer of
      tomorrow.

      The science fiction story or idea of today is the fact of tomorrow,
      just as yesterday's science fiction stories and ideas are the facts
      of today.

      Another place I am helping to promote the veggie way of life is in
      the Jewish community.
      I happen to be Jewish and would want nothing but the best way of
      life there is for my fellow Jews. Eating animals is not only not
      good for the animals who are murdered for food, it is not good for
      the humans who eat them.

      Being veggie is also very much in the interests of the Jewish
      community around the world.
      Producing a pound of steak "protein" on the plate requires up to 21
      pounds of so-called
      "feed" protein from things like the 42% of American wheat
      production, the 86% of American corn, oats and barley production,
      the 90% of non-exported soybean production, that goes into the
      creation of that pound of steak "protein" on the plate of the
      American animal eater.

      Producing all of that so-called "feed" requires a lot of energy.
      More energy is used
      as petro-chemical based fertilizers, herbicides, insecticides, etc.
      as well as in the transportation of that so-called "feed", and of
      the animals themselves, in the disposal of their wastes, in the
      movement of water to irrigate those crops and to "water" those
      animals.

      Many of the energy sources involved are nations around the world
      that supply arms to terrorists who slaughter Jews in Israel and
      around the world, as well as other innocents, such as those who were
      slaughtered on September 11th. 2001.

      So I am promoting Jewish singles events at veggie establishments to
      bring the fact of being able to have a veggie meal as a reality to
      my fellow Jews.

      I do so periodically at Veggie Heaven, a Kosher Vegan Chinese
      Restaurant with several locations here in New Jersey. I hope that
      similar restaurants exist elsewhere that may serve as event
      locations. Failing that I hope that vegan house parties can be
      arranged everywhere.

      If you are Jewish yourself I hope that you will do the same wherever
      you may be.
      If you are able to come to some of these events I hope that you will
      do so.

      If you live to far away to get to them by all means create them.
      Create them for your fellow Jews if you are Jewish.

      Create them for your fellow veggies if you are veggie.

      Create them for science fiction fans if you want to see science
      fiction fans become veggie and science fiction ideas created by
      veggie science fiction writers, all of whom start off as science
      fiction fans creating the new facts of life on earth as ones which
      will make it possible for a veggie world to in fact come into being.

      Will you help in these effforts?

      THE MONTHLY CIRCLE OF SINGLE JEWISH FRIENDS LUNCH PARTY
      IS USUALLY HELD ON THE 3RD SUNDAY OF EACH MONTH AT NOON
      IN THE EDISON NEW JERSEY AREA. ROBERTA HAS DONE THESE
      EVENTS FOR SOME TIME AT A VARIETY OF RESTAURANTS IN
      THE EDISON, NEW JERSEY AREA.

      ROBERTA HAS TOLD ME THAT SHE IS SKIPPING JUNE AND WILL BE DOING
      HER NEXT CIRCLE OF SINGLE JEWISH FRIENDS LUNCH PARTY IN JULY

      Age range Baby Boomers give or take a few years or so.
      Please email Roberta for details on THE JULY CIRCLE OF SINGLE JEWISH
      FRIENDS
      LUNCH PARTY roger AT superlink.net
      roger@...
      Price cost of meal, tax and tip
      plus $3 to Roberta
      Please RSVP Roberta (908) 668-8450
      roger@...
      roger AT superlink.net
      Please email Roberta for details on THE JULY CIRCLE OF SINGLE JEWISH
      FRIENDS
      LUNCH PARTY roger AT superlink.net
      roger@...

      Do you have a Jewish single friend that you have not yet met in
      person and may have been in touch with via email or telephone or
      otherwise Why not invite that Jewish single friend to meet you at
      one of the many Jewish singles events listed in our posts

      Be sure to send your photo to your Jewish single friend, and to ask
      your Jewish single friend to send a photo to you.

      That way you can recognize one another when you meet at a Jewish
      singles event.

      Please state that you are Jewish, Single, 21 or over, when you apply
      to join the Jewish Singles Yahoo Groups at the websites the urls
      below will take you to

      A free fantastic Jewish singles resource
      can be found at the url below

      http://www.thejewishpeople.org/
      You may post your own introductions there, with our without photos
      of yourself and may also search for other Jewish singles there
      by state, gender, age range, etc.

      Everything there is free.

      We have no connections whatsoever to the site,
      but if you do post your photo there you may wish to
      include the url where your photo may be found at that
      site, in your introductions, and responses to other introductions,
      that you post at our Yahoo Jewish singles groups.

      The Jewish Singles Events immediately below are from the website of
      The
      Jewish Standard
      http://www.jstandard.com/categories/Singles/
      items directly below are from url directly above
      By Jewish Standard | | Singles |

      friday [june 15]
      Shabbat in Fort Lee Jewish Singles of All Ages from the JCC on the
      Palisades in Tenafly and Cong. Gesher Shalom/JCC of Fort Lee meet
      for Shabbat Yachad musical, egalitarian services at Cong. Gesher
      Shalom in Fort Lee, 8:30 p.m. Afterward, there will be an oneg
      Shabbat. (201) 569-7900, ext. 460, or (201) 947-1735, ext. 12.

      monday [june 18]
      Singles and adoption The Jewish Child Care Association's Ametz
      adoption program meets at the JCC in Manhattan for a post-adoptive
      support group, 4 p.m. $15 for member adults, $20 for non-member
      adults, plus $5 per child. Childcare provided. Information, (646)
      505-5708 or visit www.jccmanhattan.org

      wednesday [june 20]
      Deeper dating Ken Page and Kathryn Janus host "Deeper Dating — the
      new craze-dating event," at the 92nd Street Y, Lexington Avenue at
      92nd Street. $30 in advance, $35 at the door. www.92Y.org
      or (212) 415-5500.

      thursday [june 21]
      Dinner and concert Noah Solomon and Friends (of the group Soulfarm)
      perform in concert at the Edmund J. Safra Synagogue, 120 W. 76th
      St., after a buffet dinner at 6:30 p.m. $20 in advance, $25 at the
      door. Sponsored by the OU Singles Connections. (212) 613-8300.
      Summer barbecue Jewish singles in their 30s meet for a summer
      barbecue with beer, rockin' dance music, and grilled food, at the
      JCC in Manhattan, 7:30 p.m. Rain or shine. In advance, $32 for JCC
      members, $38 for non-members. $45 at the door. 334 Amsterdam Ave. at
      76th Street. (646) 505-5708 or www.jccmanhattan.org

      sunday [june 24]
      Schmooze Singles, 40-57, schmooze with each other and talk with
      Elaine and Jeff at the JCC on the Palisades in Tenafly, 6 p.m. $4
      for JCC members, $6 for non-members. (201) 569-7900, ext. 460.

      sunday [june 24]
      Summer dance Jewish singles, 50+, meet at the JCC on the Palisades
      in Tenafly for a summer dance, 7:30 p.m. $15 between 7:30 and 8
      p.m., or $18 after, includes DJ entertainment and light buffet. Co-
      sponsored with Cong. Gesher Shalom/JCC of Fort Lee and the JCC of
      Rockland. (201) 569-7900, ext. 460.

      http://www.jstandard.com/categories/Singles/
      items directly above are from url directly above

      Directions to the JCC
      (Jewish Community Center) on the Palisades
      411 East Clinton Avenue Tenafly, NJ 07670 201 569 7900
      these directions were found at:
      http://www.jcconthepalisades.org/template.phpsection=AD

      FROM GARDEN STATE PARKWAY NORTH
      Exit 161 to Route 4 East. Continue directions from Route 4.

      FROM GARDEN STATE PARKWAY SOUTH
      Exit 163 to Route 17 South to Route 4 East.
      FROM NEW JERSEY TURNPIKE
      Exit 18 to Route 46 East to Grand Avenue. Proceed North past Route 4
      and continue as described below (from Route 4).

      FROM I-80 EAST
      To Garden State Parkway North to Exit 161 and then to Route 4 East.
      FROM ROUTE 4
      Exit at Grand Avenue/Englewood. Follow Grand Avenue North about 1
      mile, where it
      becomes Engle Street. Continue on Engle Street past Englewood
      Hospital. 2nd
      Traffic light past hospital make right onto E. Clinton Avenue. JCC is
      approximately 1 mile on left.

      FROM NEW YORK CITY & LONG ISLAND
      Go over George Washington Bridge to Palisades Parkway North. Get off
      at Exit 1,
      Englewood Cliffs & Palisades Avenue. Make right and go to 1st light.
      At light
      make a right onto Route 9W No. At 4th light make a left onto E.
      Clinton Avenue.
      JCC is mile on right.

      FROM SOUTH OR WEST
      Take New Jersey Turnpike (95) No. or Route 80 East to Broad Ave.
      Exit. Bear
      right onto Broad Ave. toward Englewood. Broad Ave. will become Dana
      Place. Take
      Dana Place to end. Make right onto E. Palisades Ave. At 3rd block
      (on left) make
      left onto No. Woodland Street to end. Make right onto E. Clinton
      Avenue.
      JCC immediately on left.

      FROM NORTH
      Take Palisades Parkway South and get off at Exit 2. Make left off
      ramp onto
      Route 9W South. At 3rd light make right onto E. Clinton Avenue. JCC
      is mile on right.

      FROM TAPPAN ZEE BRIDGE
      To Exit 13 So. (Palisades Parkway So.) to Exit 2. Proceed as above
      from North.

      FROM CONNECTICUT (Stamford)
      Route I 95 So. to 287 West to Tappan Zee Bridge. Proceed as above.
[...]

      Remember to ask anyone who does a house party about any special
      needs you
      may have before attending, such as convenient parking, if you have
      trouble walking, or difficulty climbing steps, whether the events
      are outside or inside, whether the bathrooms are upstairs, or
      downstairs, whether the events are all on the same level, the
      presence or absence of animals, such as cats, you may be allergic
      to,if they have dogs, if you are afraid of dogs, whether the events
      are non-smoking, whether drinking alcohol is allowed or forbidden,
      whether the events are Kosher if you keep Kosher, or anything else
      you can think of. For example: at a recent Jewish Singles event one
      person who has not yet done any house parties, but is thinking of
      doing them. disclosed that she had recently added cats to her home.

      Please stay in touch with Elaine who has been hosting house parties
      for her ELITE JEWISH SINGLES Ages 45-60 Please no exceptions group
      at a private home in the Metuchen area usually on one or two
      Saturday nights each month starting at about 7:30 p.m. weather
      permitting.

      You may email Elaine, who ran many Jewish singles events some years
      back at the JCC in the Edison, New Jersey area at
      elaine423nj@...
      elaine423nj AT yahoo.com
      please contact Elaine about her ELITE JEWISH SINGLES Ages 45-60
      Please no exceptions house parties thanks
      Elite Jewish Singles, ages 45-60 (please no exceptions) . Please
      contact Elaine at 732-548-0322 for reservations and directions.
      elaine423nj@...
      elaine423nj AT yahoo.com

      Incidentally it is a different Elaine who is moderating the Singles
      Schmooze at the JCC Jewish Community Center in Tenafly, New Jersey.
      Average age of
      attendees at the Singles Schmooze at the JCC in Tenafly, New Jersey
      is baby
      boomers give or take a few years ago. Turnout is usually around 36
      people or so,
      another double Chai !

      JCC on the Palisades Singles Events for the Month of June
      are listed directly below from a recent post by one of our members at
      http://groups.yahoo.com/group/JewishSinglesOfNJ/

      Singles 40-57

      Singles Schmooze
      Sunday, June 24 • 6 pm
      Join others for this joint schmooze. Get to know other singles
      through discussions on various topics determined by the
      participants.
      Led by Elaine and Jeff.
      $4 JCC members, $6 general admission

      Singles 50+

      Summer Dance
      Sunday, June 24 • 7:30 pm
      Great DJ-Light Buffet
      Singles of all ages Welcome
      $15 between 7:30pm and 8pm • $18 after
      Cosponsored with Gesher Shalom of Fort Lee and JCC of Rockland

      Support Groups

      Daytime Bereavement Group
      Mondays, June 4-July 2 • 11:00am-12:30pm
      Our daytime group assists people recently widowed in a caring and
      supportive setting.
      Debbie Fox, a licensed clinical social worker from Jewish Family
      Service will help you navigate through your path of loss. You will
      not be alone in your journey; there will be others with you, to
      share thoughts, feelings and help pave a new road together. For
      more information call Debra Turitz at ext. 305.
      Registration required, call 201.569.7900 ext. 460.
      $40 JCC members/$50 nonmembers (5 Sessions)
      Co-sponsored with the Senior Department

      Beyond Bereavement for Widows and Widowers Phase II
      Mondays, July 2-Aug 6, 6:30pm
      This group is for Widows and Widowers who have begun the healing
      process and look forward to a hopeful future. This group will help
      you resolve the past and live in the present and discover ways to
      explore new relationships.
      Registration required, call 201.569.7900 ext. 460.
      $75 JCC members/$90 nonmembers (5 sessions)
      Sponsored in part by the Soforenko Foundation

      Uncoupling: Coping with Divorce and Separation
      Mondays, July 2-August 6, 8:15pm
      Judy Brauner, LCSW, Therapist
      The Group will help you process your feelings about the end of an
      important relationship and the experience of being on your own.
      Meet others who share your concerns. Make new friends.
      Registration required, call 201.569.7900 ext. 460.
      $75 JCC members/$90 nonmembers (5 sessions)
      Sponsored in part by the Soforenko Foundation

      Singles of All Ages

      Friday Night Jewish Singles Services and Oneg
      Friday, June 15 • 8:30pm
      Takes Place at Congregation Gesher Shalom (1449 Anderson Ave, Fort
      Lee). Join other singles for "Shabbat Yachad" a musical Shabbat-
      egalitarian service. This will be followed by an Oneg Shabbat. For
      further information call 201-947-1735 ext 12
      No Fee

      For further information on these events contact Esther at
      201.569.7900 ext. 460.

      JCC on the Palisades Singles Events for the Month of June
      are listed directly above from a recent post by one of our members at
      http://groups.yahoo.com/group/JewishSinglesOfNJ/

      Items directly below are from recent posts by some of our members at
      http://groups.yahoo.com/group/JewishSinglesFromEverywhere/
      Rabbi Yisroel's Torah Lunch & Learn

      Torah Class at Bear Stearns

      Every Wednesday Afternoon 12:30 PM

      Class located at 383 Madison Avenue
      Between 46-47th Streets, 13th floor.

      Visit our website. www.hineni.org
      The Hineni Heritage Center
      232 West End Avenue, New York, NY, 10023
      (212) 496-1660

      Pirkei Avos"--- "Ethics Of Our Fathers"

      Principles To Live By
      with Rabbi Yisroel Jungreis

      Every Thursday evening at Hineni

      items directly below are from the website of
      http://www.jccmanhattan.org/ click on
      http://www.jccmanhattan.org/ for more information on them

      » Jun 25: Sylvia Boorstein and Sharon Salzberg:Staying Hopeful and
      Helpful in
      Troubled Tim ...
      Even in challenging times, it remains possible to cultivate the
      clarity o f mind
      that allows for a wise and compassionate response that is also an
      antidote to
      personal despair. Join these two beloved meditation teachersa nd
      aauthors for an
      evening that will combine stories, meditation instructions, periods
      of practice
      and time for Q and A. Co-sponsored by New York Insight Meditation
      Center.
      Located in:

      » Jun 27: Chi Running Chi Walking
      This revolutionary approach to effortless, injury free running and
      walking,
      developed by ultra-marathoner Danny Dryer, makes any distance
      enjoyable and
      effective. Learn how to correctly use the deep power reserves in your
      core
      muscles to improve your stride. This step by step program grows out
      of yoga,
      Pilates and T'ai Chi and teaches you how to safely walk or run
      further and
      faster with much less effort at any age. It will help you get in
      shape, lose
      weight and work your heart while keeping y ...
      Located in:

      items directly above are from the website of
      http://www.jccmanhattan.org/ click on
      http://www.jccmanhattan.org/ for more information on them

      click on http://www.kehillaton.com/default.asp
      to get details on events directly below

      Wed, 20 Jun
      7:30 PM Event - Concert: In The Spirit of Yossele [New York - The
      Bronx, NY]
      Wed, 11 Jul
      7:00 PM Event - Other: My Family's Exodus from Old Cairo to the New
      World [New York - Manhattan, NY]
      Wed, 25 Jul
      7:00 PM Event - Concert: 2nd Annual New York's Best Emerging Jewish
      Artists [New York - Manhattan, NY]
      Mon, 30 Jul
      6:30 AM Event - Outing/Hike/Tiyul: Kosher Safari [New York - Queens,
      NY]

      click on http://www.kehillaton.com/default.asp
      to get details of events immediately above

      Our Jewish singles groups are designed to increase the Jewish
      population by
      bringing single Jews together in the hope that marriages, and
      children who will be raised
      as Jews ,will result from bringing single Jews together.

      We cannot ignore the real threat to Jewish survival posed by
      intermarriage, which usually
      results in the children of such marriages being raised as non-Jews.

      Another real threat to Jewish survival in these times is the fact
      that
      in these times for one reason or another some people are no longer
      heterosexual.

      Any Jew who is no longer heterosexual is of course much less likely
      to marry a Jew of the opposite sex and to have children with that
      person.

      We need every single Jew who can do so to marry another single Jew
      and to have children as a result of those marriages who will be
      raised as Jews.

      It is with great joy that we can report that there are resources
      available to deal with the situation some Jews who are no longer
      heterosexual find themselves in.

      One such resource is http://jonahweb.org/

      "JONAH is a non-profit international organization dedicated to
      educating the world-wide Jewish community about the prevention,
      intervention, and healing of the underlying issues causing same-sex
      attractions. If you are confused by same-sex attractions or know
      someone who is and desire help, please contact us for resources and
      professional confidential assistance. click on
      http://www.jonahweb.org/cms/e/index.php?option=com_contact&Itemid=3

      JONAH
      info@...
      info AT jonahweb.org

      P.O. BOX 313
      Jersey City, NJ, 07303
      USA

      201-433-3444

      Why Date Jewish? Find out at http://www.whydatejewish.com FREE books
      for Jewish teens and much more! While our groups are for Jewish
      singles who are over 21 some of us

      may have teen age children or even teen age grandchildren. We hope
      that they will be able to suggest http://www.whydatejewish.com/ to
      those teenagers.
      If you would like to be kept aware of events in Israel please click
      on
      http://www.israelnationalnews.com/Subscribe/
      and go from there we have no connection with that website but
      believe that
      the news it makes available is very worthwhile.

      The website there states:

      "Arutz Sheva is proud to offer free, concise email summaries of the
      day's news from Israel. Please complete the following brief survey
      to begin receiving the newsletter. (Arutz Sheva will not share this
      information with any third party.)
      In addition to the news, subscribers will receive promotional emails
      featuring Israeli/Jewish
      products and services. You may unsubscribe from promotions and
      continue to receive the Daily News Report."

      http://www.israelnationalnews.com/Subscribe/

      another source of news you may wish to use may be found at
      http://www.ynetnews.com/

      another source of news you may wish to use may be found at
      http://www.thejewishpress.com/
      ZOA Chapters
      Atlanta, GA
      Baltimore, MD
      Bethesda, MD Mitchell Finkel, Vice President
      bethesda@...
      Boca Raton, FL
      Boston, MA Henry Silverman, President
      70 Park Street, Suite 25
      Brookline, MA 02446
      Brooklyn, NY Rubin Margules, President
      Phone: 718-339-8379
      Fax: 718-339-8610
      www.zoabrooklyn.org
      brooklyn@...
      Cherry Hill, NJ
      Chicago, IL
      Cleveland, OH Cleveland ZOA
      3246 DeSota Ave
      Cleveland Heights, Ohio 44118
      Phone: 216-320-0726
      Fax: 216-320-0793
      cleveland@...
      Dallas, TX
      Dayton, OH
      Detroit, MI Dr. Jerome S. Kaufman
      ZOA National Secretary
      michigan@...
      Current Newsletter
      Hartford, CT
      Long Island, NY Dr. Alan Mazurek, President
      Los Angeles / Western Region Ed Ames, President
      18455 Burbank Blvd., Suite 300
      Tarzana, CA 91356
      Phone: 818.342.3363
      Fax: 818.342.3115
      zoawest@...
      Manhattan, NY Mr. Marvin Belsky
      manhattan@...
      Milwaukee, WI
      New Haven, CT Ron Scherban
      New Jersey (Northern)
      Palm Beach, FL
      Philadelphia, PA Lori Lowenthal Marcus,
      President
      Steve Feldman, Executive
      Director
      7923 Bustleton Ave.
      Philadelphia, PA 19152
      Phone: 215-338-9188
      Fax: 215-338-9189
      philadelphia@...
      www.zoaphilly.org
      Phoenix, AZ
      Pittsburgh, PA Bill Wigton, Executive Director
      6334 Forbes Avenue
      Pittsburgh, PA 15217
      Phone: 412-421-6660
      Fax: 412-421-6669
      pittsburgh@...
      Rochester, NY Dr. Leon Szmedra, President rochesterny@...
      San Diego, CA Howard L. Dyckman, President sandiego@...
      San Francisco, CA
      Silver Spring, MD Mitchell Finkel, Vice President
      silverspring@...
      Youngstown, OH
      Washington, DC
      Westchester, NY

      Wouldn't it be great if someone were to start a ZOA chapter close
      enough for lots of us to
      participate in and join. Who will be the first in our area to contact
      the ZOA about getting a ZOA chapter started in our area? The Zionist
      Organization
      of America
      4 East 34th Street
      New York, NY 10016 Telephone:
      212-481-1500
      Fax:
      212-481-1515
      General Information
      info@... Membership
      membership@...

      info AT zoa.org membership AT zoa.org

      Congregation Gesher Shalom/JCC of Fort Lee and the JCC on the
      Palisades
      are co-sponsoring Shabbat Yachad, a Friday night service for Jewish
      singles. Sing spiritual melodies of Shabbat with our special singles
      community at this egalitarian Shabbat Service. Join us on June 15,
      8:30
      pm at Congregation Gesher Shalom, 1449 Anderson Avenue, Fort Lee, NJ.
      Beverages and dessert to follow. All are welcome. Bring your friends.

      PaulineR@...

      PaulineR AT JCCFTlee.org

      Pauline Rotmil

      Administrative Assistant

      Congregation Gesher Shalom

      Jewish Community Center of Fort Lee

      1449 Anderson Avenue

      Fort Lee, NJ 07024

      Voice: 201-947-1735

      Fax: 201-947-1530

      email:

      pauliner@...

      PaulineR AT JCCFTlee.org

      Orthodox Union Singles Connection invites you to a fun-filled night
      of
      Summer in the City: Noah Solomon and Friends in Concert
      Enjoy the great music of Soulfarm's Noah Solomon and a buffet dinner
      as we welcome the summer
      Location: The Edmund J. Safra Synagogue, 11 E. 63rd St. (between
      Madison and 5th)
      Date and Time: Thursday, June 21, Dinner: 6:30-7:00 pm, Concert: 7:00
      pm
      Cost: $20.00 in advance, $25.00 at the door
      Reservations: 212-613-8300
      Open to singles of all ages. Don't get closed out!
      http://www.ou.org

      community@...

      community AT ou.org

      JEWISH SINGLES DINNER/HOUSE PARTY
      Elite Jewish Singles (45-60) is hosting a house and lawn dinner party
      on Saturday, July 7th at 6:30 p.m. in Metuchen, N.J. Appetizers,
      dinner and desserts, cost is $25.00. Comfortable atmosphere, good
      food
      and friendly people. Contact 732-548-0322 for reservations and
      directions. Reserve early!
      you may also email:
      elaine423nj@...

      elaine423nj AT yahoo.com
      regarding the
      JEWISH SINGLES DINNER/HOUSE PARTY
      Elite Jewish Singles (45-60)

      We also hope that you will join
      NEW_JERSEY_SCIENCE_FICTION_FANS

      Please forward this sign up information to everyone who should get
      it.
      NEW_JERSEY_SCIENCE_FICTION_FANS-subscribe@yahoogroups.com

      There is no charge to join NEW_JERSEY_SCIENCE_FICTION_FANS

      Please forward this sign up information to everyone who should get
      it.
      NEW_JERSEY_SCIENCE_FICTION_FANS-subscribe@yahoogroups.com

      or to belong to
      Please forward this sign up information to everyone who should get
      it.
      NEW_JERSEY_SCIENCE_FICTION_FANS-subscribe@yahoogroups.com
      NEW_JERSEY_SCIENCE_FICTION_FANS

      or to attend any of its events. If you go to a restaurant you pay
      only for the
      food that you order plus tax and tip.

      You never pay
      NEW_JERSEY_SCIENCE_FICTION_FANS

      Please forward this sign up information to everyone who should get
      it.
      NEW_JERSEY_SCIENCE_FICTION_FANS-subscribe@yahoogroups.com

      anything for any of its events.

      NEW_JERSEY_SCIENCE_FICTION_FANS

      Please forward this sign up information to everyone who should get
      it.
      NEW_JERSEY_SCIENCE_FICTION_FANS-subscribe@yahoogroups.com
      Wants you! Our Science Fiction group is for everyone 21 or older
      regardless of background or marital status. Younger fans should find
      another group. Please introduce yourself when you join and
      periodically as
      new members keep joining. We plan to get together at restaurants and
      to go
      to movies. We will see them in movie theaters,and, if people are kind
      enough, on people's home VCRs, or DVD
      players, for the technologically advanced among us. Buy your own
      movie
      tickets. Buy your own meals at
      Restaurants. Hopefully a typical event would involve going to a
      Science
      Fiction Movie and then to a Restaurant to discuss the movie we just
      saw.
      Are you a single Science Fiction fan looking for a soulmate? Perhaps
      you
      will find that person here. This club is not a New Jersey singles
      group per se,
      and is open to anyone over 21, regardless of background or marital
      status,
      nonetheless, love is a
      good thing. In the parts of New Jersey where the
      science fiction clubs we know of operate there is also a
      very high percentage of Jewish residents. Many science fiction fans
      and
      science fiction writers and even science fiction stars, like Leonard
      Nimoy,
      (Mr. Spock), of Star Trek, and William Shatner (Captain Kirk), of
      Star
      Trek, also happen to be Jewish. Most science fiction fans I know are
      single
      men, and many of them, at least in places like New Jersey, are
      Jewish.

      Many science fiction fans in New Jersey also happen to be Jewish.
      Most
      science fiction fans are male. For the single Jewish woman in New
      Jersey
      joining a science fiction group may be the ideal way to find her
      ideal man.
      Unlike most singles events, which tend to be attended by more women
      than
      men,most science fiction events are attended by more men than women.

      If you happen to be Jewish, Single and over 21
      Please state that you are Jewish, Single, 21 or over, when you apply
      to join
      the Jewish Singles Yahoo Groups at the websites the urls below will
      take
      you to

      One of the biggest complaints heard from many
      women who attend some singles events
      is that there are far more women than men
      in attendance.

      One of the biggest complaints heard from
      many men who attend most science fiction
      events is that there are far more men in
      attendance than women.

      Most science fiction fans are male.
      Many science fiction fans in places like
      New Jersey are also Jewish.

      There are science fiction clubs in many
      places. In New Jersey many science fiction
      club attendees are single Jewish men.

      The SCIENCE FICTION ASSOCIATON OF BERGEN
      COUNTY, NEW JERSEY http://www.sfabc.org
      is open to everyone regardless of marital status or background
      and is absolutely NOT a singles group
      nonetheless many single Jewish men attend its many functions.
      It has existed since 1984 c.e. and was founded by its
      director, Phil. The club holds a monthly meeting
      on the Second Saturday night of each month.

      Phil, is the founder and director of http://www.sfabc.org
      201 447-3652 The Science Fiction Association of Bergen County, New
      Jersey
      UPCOMING SCIENCE FICTION ASSOCIATION OF BERGEN COUNTY NEW JERSEY
      EVENTS

      THE SCIENCE FICTION ASSOCIATION OF BERGEN COUNTY NEW JERSEY
      http://www.sfabc.org

      was founded in 1984 by Phil who still is the Director.

      They have been having monthly meetings on the second Saturday of each
      month ,usually in the evening, since about 1984.
      http://www.sfabc.org

      not affiliated with NEW_JERSEY_SCIENCE_FICTION_FANS but highly
      recommended by NEW_JERSEY_SCIENCE_FICTION_FANS

      CALL PHIL AT 201 447-3652 FOR DETAILS

      http://www.sfabc.org
      contact Phil at SFABCPhil@...

      SFABCPhil@...
      SFABCPhil AT gmail.com
      please contact Phil, who is the founder and director of
      the SFABC, the Science Fiction Association of Bergen County, New
      Jersey,
      at 201 447-3652 regarding the monthly SFABC meetings and the
      other SFABC events listed immediately below

      http://www.sfabc.org/

      Ongoing regular SFABC events are listed below
      First Tuesday of each Month:
      The Final Frontier, SF Television Discussion Group Borders Books,
      Ramsey, New Jersey, 8:00 PM

      First Thursday of each Month:
      Monsters of Horror Book Discussion Group Barnes & Noble, West Nyack,
      New York, 8:00 PM

      Second Wednesday of each Month:
      That's Science Fiction, Part Two! Video Viewing Group Members' Home,
      Waldwick, New Jersey, 7:30 PM

      Second Saturday of each Month:
      General Meeting with Speaker, Videos & Discussion Before Meeting
      Various Locations, 8:00 PM, 6:30 PM

      Third Tuesday of each Month:
      Topic Discussion Group (Theme or Device in Book, Film, TV, Comics,
      etc.) Borders Books, Wayne, New Jersey, 8:00 PM

      Fourth Sunday of each Month:
      Writers' Critique Group: Workshop for Aspiring SF Authors Members'
      Home, Waldwick, New Jersey, 4:00 PM

      Last Week Night of each Month:
      Month End Book Discussion Group Paramus Park Mall Food Court,
      Paramus, New Jersey, 7:30 PM

      Floating Event:
      Special Activity Event Days, Locations, Times, Events, Vary
      THE STARSHIP LOCAL

      ........................THE STARSHIP LOCAL

      A NEWSLETTER OF THE SCIENCE FICTION ASSOCIATION OF BERGEN COUNTY
      ............136 MANHATTAN AVENUE * WALDWICK, NJ 07463
      .....................PHONE: (201) 447 - 3652

      http://www.sfabc.org

      Anyone wishing to receive email reminders for any of the
      monthly S F A B C activities listed below should contact Philip at
      SFABCPhil@gmail. com
      SFABCPhil AT gmail.com

      Date: Tuesday June 19, 2007
      Time: 8:00 pm - 10:00 pm
[...]

      ASSOCIATION ACTIVITIES AT A GLANCE:

      ............ ......... .......JUNE 2007

      06/19/07.... .Tuesday. ...Topic: Animals as Heroes.
      ............ ......... ...Borders Books, 8:00 PM.
      ............ ......... ...Wayne, New Jersey.
      06/24/07.... ..Sunday. ...Writers' Critique Group.
      ............ ......... ...Alama/ Cunneen Residence, 3:00 PM.
      ............ ......... ...Rutherford, New Jersey.
      06/29/07.... ..Friday. ...Month End Book: AIRS BENEATH THE MOON.
      ............ ......... ...Paramus Park Food Court, 7:30 PM.
      ............ ......... ...Paramus, New Jersey.

      ............ ......... .......JULY 2007

      07/03/07.... .Tuesday. ...Final Frontier: To Be Announced.
      ............ ......... ...Borders Books, 8:00 PM.
      ............ ......... ...Ramsey, New Jersey.
      07/05/07.... Thursday. ...Monsters: WATCHERS IN THE NIGHT by Black.
      ............ ......... ...Barnes & Noble, 8:00 PM.
      ............ ......... ...West Nyack, New York.
      07/11/07...Wednesda y....That' s SF 2!: ADVENTURES OF BRISCO COUNTY
      ............ ......... ...Webber/ De Parto Residence, 7:30 PM.
      ............ ......... ...Waldwick, New Jersey.
      ............ ......... ...Manalapan, New Jersey.
      07/14/07.... Saturday. ...Ice Nine: Currently Cool.
      ............ ......... ...Bennett Books, 4:00 PM.
      ............ ......... ...Wyckoff, New Jersey.
      07/14/07.... Saturday. ...General Meeting: To Be Announced.
      ............ ......... ...Bennett Books

      07/17/07.... .Tuesday. ...Topic Group: Regional Science Fiction.
      ............ ......... ...Borders Books, 8:00 PM.
      ............ ......... ...Wayne, New Jersey.

      07/31/07.... .Tuesday. ...Month End Book: A CHARMED DEATH by M Alt.
      ............ ......... ...Paramus Park Food Court, 7:30 PM.
      ............ ......... ...Paramus, New Jersey.

      LOOKING AT SUMMER:

      ..........The months of June, July, and August will be held at
      bookstores in the area. There are special circumstances regarding
      each of these meetings.
      July 14, 2007
      ...............This meeting will be held at Bennett Books in Wyckoff,
      New Jersey. NOTE THAT THIS MEETING WILL BE HELD EARLIER IN THE DAY!
      The Association will have the use of the store from 4:00 PM until
      8:00 PM. The Ice Nine discussion will be held at 4:00 PM. The
      general meeting will begin at 5:00 PM. Standard (and owed) dues will
      be collected.

      ...............Bennett Books normally closes at 6:00 PM on
      Saturdays. Staying open until 10:00 PM for our group proved too much
      a strain on John and Betty Bennett, which is why we shifted last
      year's meetings to their late night, Friday. We believe that
      starting a couple of hours earlier than usual on a Saturday works
      better for most people than moving to an entirely different night.

      August 11, 2007

      ...............This meeting will be held at Bennett Books in Wyckoff,
      New Jersey. NOTE THAT THIS MEETING WILL BE HELD EARLIER IN THE DAY!
      The Association will have the use of the store from 4:00 PM until
      8:00 PM. The Ice Nine discussion will be held at 4:00 PM. The
      general meeting will begin at 5:00 PM. Standard (and owed) dues will
      be collected.

      ABOUT THE ASSOCIATION:

      The S F A B C meets on the second Saturday of the month and features
      talks, slide shows and other presentations by people in the science
      fiction, fantasy, horror and related fields. The Association
      sponsors a number of special interest groups, focusing on different
      aspects of science fiction and related matters, including activities
      devoted to books, movies, televison, animation, horror and other
      events. We also produce a monthly newsletter listing talks,
      conventions, discussion groups and other activities of interest to
      poeple who enjoy science fiction and related areas. We invite you to
      contact us through our website:

      ......................http://www.sfabc.org

      THE STARSHIP LOCAL........Volume 5, Number 5......

      THE STARSHIP LOCAL is the monthly meeting notice of the Science
      Fiction Association of Bergen County. It is designed to communicate
      basic information about the activities of the organization to
      devotees of fantasy, horror and science fiction. All material by
      Phil unless otherwise acknowledged.

      We also publish a more extensive monthly newsletter, THE STARSHIP
      EXPRESS, for members of the organization for details please contact
      Phil, who is the founder and director of the SFABC, the Science
      Fiction Association of Bergen County, New Jersey,
      at 201 447-3652
      You do not have to be single to join :
      Post message: OperationCSPAN@yahoogroups.com
      Subscribe: OperationCSPAN-subscribe@yahoogroups.com
      Help to counter anti-Israel, anti-Semitic callers to
      CSPAN programs such as Washington Journal, by making your own pro-
      Israel, pro-Jewish, pro-Zionist, calls to those same CSPAN programs.

      Please also do your part to help Israel by joining pro-Israel groups
      both on line and in real life. You can read more about topics and
      people in the
      news such as Jimmy Carter and James Baker and Coca Cola etc. by
      doing searches
      in the message archives of Yahoo Groups including those listed below.
      Some pro-Israel on line groups are listed below:

      Post message: IsraelAndAmericaTogetherForVictory@yahoogroups.com
      Subscribe: IsraelAndAmericaTogetherForVictory-
      subscribe@yahoogroups.com

      Post message: IsraelMustLive@yahoogroups.com
      Subscribe: IsraelMustLive-subscribe@yahoogroups.com

      Post message: IsraelNowAndForever@yahoogroups.com
      Subscribe: IsraelNowAndForever-subscribe@yahoogroups.com

      Post message: IsraelTheBestFriendAmericaHas@yahoogroups.com
      Subscribe: IsraelTheBestFriendAmericaHas-subscribe@yahoogroups.com

      Post message: OperationCSPAN@yahoogroups.com
      Subscribe: OperationCSPAN-subscribe@yahoogroups.com
      c-span, also known as C-SPAN provides much valuable information.
      However, we are
      distressed that programs like
      Washington Journal on c-span seem to provide a forum for
      anti-Semites and enemies of Israel and the Jewish people in
      general who seem to not only call into that t.v. show, but get
      through, and get
      on the air, where they are seldom interupted or cut off by the show's
      moderators. We feel that a 2 minute delay could enable the show's
      moderators to
      screen out the anti-Semites and enemies of Israel and the Jewish
      people, however
      no such 2 minute delay seems to be in place. Moreover the moderators
      of that
      show and others do not seem to be of a mind to cut off the anti-
      Semites and
      other enemies of Israel and the Jewish people in general who
      regularly call into
      that show and others
      on c-span. We have therefore created this Yahoo Group in the hopes
      that members
      of the group will become regular viewers of c-span and will call in
      regularly to
      Washington Journal and other c-span call in t.v. shows, to support
      Israel and
      the Jewish people and to counter the anti-Semites and other enemies
      of Israel
      and the Jewish people whose calls are regularly aired on c-span. We
      also hope
      that members of our Yahoo Group will contact their U.S.
      Senators and members of Congress and President Bush at
      http://www.whitehouse.gov to see what can be done about
      the situation at c-span.

      Post message: PeopleForIsrael@yahoogroups.com
      Subscribe: PeopleForIsrael-subscribe@yahoogroups.com

      Post message: PeopleWhoSupportIsrael@yahoogroups.com
      Subscribe: PeopleWhoSupportIsrael-subscribe@yahoogroups.com

      Post message: WeAreForIsrael@yahoogroups.com
      Subscribe: WeAreForIsrael-subscribe@yahoogroups.com

      Post message: WeStandUpForIsrael@yahoogroups.com
      Subscribe: WeStandUpForIsrael-subscribe@yahoogroups.com

      Post message: AmericansForIsrael@yahoogroups.com
      Subscribe: AmericansForIsrael-subscribe@yahoogroups.com

      If you know of other pro-Israel on line groups and/or pro-Israel
      groups that meet in real life please post the information about them.

      There are many avenues for Jewish activism. Support of Israel,
      Support of the Jewish people, Opposition to anti-Semitism, to name a
      few.

      We believe that it is vital for Jewish survival that single Jews
      meet other single Jews, marry one another, and raise their children
      as Jews. Because there is a hole in our calendar from Friday night
      to Saturday night during which many single Jews go to non-Jewish
      singles events, meet non-Jews, marry non-Jews, and have children
      from those marriages who are not raised as Jews, the Jewish people
      faces a very severe problem. We urge everyone who reads this to
      contact his or her Rabbi and demand that his or her Rabbi hold
      regular Jewish singles Onegs on Friday nights.

      We feel that it is vitally important that single Jews go to Jewish
      singles events and meet other Jewish singles at those events.

      If you know anyone who happens to be Jewish who is hosting a
      singles event please ask him or her to consider hosting events just
      for Jewish singles.

      We also offer the opportunity at our on line Jewish singles groups
      to post your Jewish singles introductions and to respond to other
      Jewish singles introductions.

      Please do so regularly. Please state that you are Jewish, single and
      over 21
      in your introductions at our on line Jewish singles groups.

[...]

      We highly recommend http://www.jewsforjudaism.org/
      "the Jewish community's leading response to the multi-million dollar
      efforts of cults and evangelical" (Xtians) "who target Jews for
      conversion."

      (Meshugeneh means crazy in Yiddish (so-called Messy an eck Jews,
      they spell it somewhat<br/><br/>(Message over 64 KB, truncated)