You are invited to join us at Veggie Heaven this Thursday April 19th at 7 pm in

  • njjay5764
    Message 1 of 1 , Apr 14, 2007
      You are invited to join us at Veggie Heaven this Thursday April 19th
      at 7 pm in Parsippany New Jersey This IS a Jewish Singles event for
      Jewish singles who are over 21.

      and

      and

      invite you to join us at Veggie Heaven, Kosher, Chinese, Totally
      Vegetarian (Vegan) Restaurant in Parsippany, New Jersey this
      Thursday April 19th at 7 p.m.

      There is no charge to attend the event

      You do not have to be a member of any of our groups to attend the
      event.
      You pay the restaurant directly for whatever you order, plus tax and
      tip. This IS a Jewish Singles event for Jewish singles who are over
      21.

      You DO NOT need a reservation to attend. Simply show up.

      Please join us for this relaxed, informal social get together this
      Thursday April 19th at 7 p.m. at Veggie Heaven , which is a 100% non-
      smoking
      restaurant, is moderately priced,has brown rice, does not use MSG or
      animal products, is Kosher and totally vegetarian, has plenty of
      free parking and is easy to reach
      from nearby highways.

      Here are the directions to Veggie Heaven It is a Vegan Chinese
      Totally
      Vegetarian Kosher Restaurant. The restaurant is located in
      Parsippany, New
      Jersey at 1119 Route 46 East #8A Parsippany, New Jersey, in a
      shopping center which has plenty of parking and is near Route 80.

      The telephone numbers of the restaurant are 973 335-9876 and 973 263-
      8331 the zip code, if you are using Mapquest, is 07054.

      From the West (I-80)Take I-80 East and exit at the Lake
      Hiawatha/Whippany exit. Make a left at the light at the exit go past
      the entrance ramp which
      would put you back onto Route 80 going west and make a left turn
      into the
      shopping center.

      From the South (I-287) Take I-287 North to the exit for I-80
      eastbound
      From the North (I-287) Take I-287 South to the exit for I-80
      eastbound

      Look for the signs for the Lake Hiawatha/Whippany Exit. Make a left
      at the light at the exit go past the entrance ramp which would put
      you back
      onto Route 80 going west and make a left turn into the shopping
      center.

      FROM THE GARDEN STATE PARKWAY TAKE EXIT 145 TO
      ROUTE 280 WEST THEN Take the NEW RD exit- exit number 1. 0.15 miles
      Keep RIGHT at the fork in the ramp. 0.07 miles Stay straight to go
      onto NEW RD. 0.63 miles Turn LEFT
      onto US-46 West. DRIVING WEST ON ROUTE 46 Continue for two traffic
      lights (second
      light is Parsippany-Troy Hills Shopping Center)which is at the
      INTERSECTION of Route 46 and Beverwyck Road

      AT WHICH YOU COULD TURN RIGHT TOWARDS LAKE
      HIAWATHA, INSTEAD OF TURNING
      RIGHT HOWEVER TURN LEFT AT THAT INTERSECTION
      ONTO SOUTH BEVERWYCK
      ROAD,THEN TURN RIGHT INTO THE SHOPPING CENTER
      ITSELF WHICH IS BEFORE
      THE WEST BOUND RAMP TO ANOTHER HIGHWAY DO NOT
      TURN RIGHT INTO THE
      BANK BUT TURN RIGHT BEYOND THE BANK AND INTO THE
      SHOPPING CENTER,
      VEGGIE HEAVEN IS NEAR THE HEALTH FOOD STORE AND IS
      IN THE MIDDLE OF
      THE SHOPPING CENTER, WHICH HAS PLENTY OF PARKING IF
      YOU GET LOST CALL
      THE RESTAURANT FOR DIRECTIONS IF YOU ARRIVE EARLY
      YOU MAY WISH TO DO SOME SHOPPING AT THE PATHMARK
      SUPERMARKET WHICH IS IN THE SAME SHOPPING CENTER.
      AND OR AT A HEALTH FOOD STORE ALSO LOCATED IN THE
      SAME SHOPPING CENTER.

      From Route 80 Westbound get off at Exit 47 which will take you onto
      Route 46 Westbound and proceed to the Parsippany-Troy Hills Shopping
      Center) which is at the INTERSECTION of Route 46 and Beverwyck Road

      AT WHICH YOU COULD TURN RIGHT TOWARDS LAKE
      HIAWATHA, INSTEAD OF TURNING
      RIGHT HOWEVER TURN LEFT AT THAT INTERSECTION
      ONTO SOUTH BEVERWYCK
      ROAD,THEN TURN RIGHT INTO THE SHOPPING CENTER
      ITSELF WHICH IS BEFORE
      THE WEST BOUND RAMP TO ANOTHER HIGHWAY DO NOT
      TURN RIGHT INTO THE
      BANK BUT TURN RIGHT BEYOND THE BANK AND INTO THE
      SHOPPING CENTER,
      VEGGIE HEAVEN IS NEAR THE HEALTH FOOD STORE AND IS
      IN THE MIDDLE OF
      THE SHOPPING CENTER, WHICH HAS PLENTY OF PARKING IF
      YOU GET LOST CALL
      THE RESTAURANT FOR DIRECTIONS

      The telephone numbers of the restaurant are 973 335-9876 and 973 263-
      8331 the zip code, if you are using Mapquest, is 07054. The
      restaurant is a
      non-smoking restaurant and moderately priced. The restaurant states
      that it does
      not use MSG and does not use any animal products at all. It is
      certified
      Kosher by United Kosher Supervision P.O. Box 317 Monsey, NEW YORK
      10952
      Phone: (845) 352-1010 Fax: (845) 352-0316 Rabbinic Administrator:
      Rabbi Yaakov Spivak

      We also hope that you will join
      Please state that you are Jewish, Single, 21 or over, when you apply
      to join the Jewish Singles Yahoo Groups at the websites the urls
      below will take you to

      Do you have a Jewish single friend that you have not yet met in
      person and may have been in touch with via email or telephone or
      otherwise Why not invite that Jewish single friend to meet you at
      one of the many Jewish singles events listed in our posts

      Be sure to send your photo to your Jewish single friend, and to ask
      your Jewish single friend to send a photo to you.

      That way you can recognize one another when you meet at a Jewish
      singles event.

      Please state that you are Jewish, Single, 21 or over, when you apply
      to join the Jewish Singles Yahoo Groups at the websites the urls
      below will take you to

      we are trying to create a veggie world.
      That means of course getting more people to become aware of the need
      to go veggie.
      And what about the veggies who are out there already?

      Well I want to tell you a personal story about that. My late father
      was a veggie when he was younger, but he married a carnivore. As a
      result I was raised as a carnivore, though I can recall my late
      father eating vegetable plates at diners we would go to so he could
      get them and eating vegetarian Chinese food at Chinese restuarants
      we would go to so he could get that food. At long last he finally
      gave up and ended his vegetarianism.

      Though he lived to what some consider to be "a ripe old age" I am
      convinced that had he remained a veggie he would still be alive. He
      has been dead for some years now.

      What all of that means of course is that we need to make sure that
      veggies marry veggies and that they raise their children as veggies.

      So the need for single veggie organizations is enormous.

      Subscribe: NJSingleVegetarians-subscribe@yahoogroups.com

      It was certainly good fortune that I became a veggie myself quite
      awhile ago but many children of these so-called " veg/carnivore"
      or "mixed-marriages" are not quite so lucky and end up as non-
      veggies.

      I am also of course promoting the veggie way of life to others who
      are not yet veggies.

      One key group to promote the veggie way of life to is science
      fiction fans. Why science fiction fans? Well because some science
      fiction fans actually become science fiction writers.

      Why science fiction writers then? Well because the way of life that
      we take for granted here in the so-called "first world", of
      industrialized nations is a way of life that not so long ago
      was considered to be science fiction. It was a science fiction
      writer: Arthur C. Clarke, who
      came up with the idea of communications satellites as a science
      fiction idea.

      Well they are fiction no more. Nor are communications devices that
      do not require wires.
      Remember the "communicators" on StarTrek? Chances are you have a
      cell phone in your pocket or in your car, or if you don't you know
      more than one person who does.

      Once again, fiction no more. Fact.

      The science fiction fan of today is the science fiction writer of
      tomorrow.

      The science fiction story or idea of today is the fact of tomorrow,
      just as yesterday's science fiction stories and ideas are the facts
      of today.

      Another place I am helping to promote the veggie way of life is in
      the Jewish community.
      I happen to be Jewish and would want nothing but the best way of
      life there is for my fellow Jews. Eating animals is not only not
      good for the animals who are murdered for food, it is not good for
      the humans who eat them.

      Being veggie is also very much in the interests of the Jewish
      community around the world.
      Producing a pound of steak "protein" on the plate requires up to 21
      pounds of so-called
      "feed" protein from things like the 42% of American wheat
      production, the 86% of American corn, oats and barley production,
      the 90% of non-exported soybean production, that goes into the
      creation of that pound of steak "protein" on the plate of the
      American animal eater.

      Producing all of that so-called "feed" requires a lot of energy.
      More energy is used
      as petro-chemical based fertilizers, herbicides, insecticides, etc.
      as well as in the transportation of that so-called "feed", and of
      the animals themselves, in the disposal of their wastes, in the
      movement of water to irrigate those crops and to "water" those
      animals.

      Many of the energy sources involved are nations around the world
      that supply arms to terrorists who slaughter Jews in Israel and
      around the world, as well as other innocents, such as those who were
      slaughtered on September 11th. 2001.

      So I am promoting Jewish singles events at veggie establishments to
      bring the fact of being able to have a veggie meal as a reality to
      my fellow Jews.

      I do so periodically at Veggie Heaven, a Kosher Vegan Chinese
      Restaurant with several locations here in New Jersey. I hope that
      similar restaurants exist elsewhere that may serve as event
      locations. Failing that I hope that vegan house parties can be
      arranged everywhere.

      If you are Jewish yourself I hope that you will do the same wherever
      you may be.
      If you are able to come to some of these events I hope that you will
      do so.

      If you live too far away to get to them by all means create them.
      Create them for your fellow Jews if you are Jewish.

      Create them for your fellow veggies if you are veggie.

      Create them for science fiction fans if you want to see science
      fiction fans become veggie and science fiction ideas created by
      veggie science fiction writers, all of whom start off as science
      fiction fans creating the new facts of life on earth as ones which
      will make it possible for a veggie world to in fact come into being.

      Will you help in these effforts?

      Jewish Singles and Other Events
      Because singles events at which Jews meet non-Jews often result in
      marriages between Jews and non-Jews, with the children resulting
      from such marriages usually raised as non-Jews, we feel that it is
      vitally important that single Jews go to Jewish singles events and
      meet other Jewish singles at those events.
      If you know anyone who happens to be Jewish who is hosting singles
      events please ask him or her to consider hosting events just for
      Jewish singles.
      We also offer the opportunity at our on line Jewish singles groups
      to post your Jewish singles introductions and to respond to other
      Jewish singles introductions.
      Please do so regularly. Please state that you are Jewish, single and
      over 21
      in your introductions at our on line Jewish singles groups.
      Please state that you are Jewish, Single, 21 or over, when you apply
      to join the Jewish Singles Yahoo Groups at the websites the urls
      below will take you to

      A free fantastic Jewish singles resource
      can be found at the url below

      http://www.thejewishpeople.org/
      You may post your own introductions there, with our without photos
      of yourself and may also search for other Jewish singles there
      by state, gender, age range, etc.

      Everything there is free.

      We have no connections whatsoever to the site,
      but if you do post your photo there you may wish to
      include the url where your photo may be found at that
      site, in your introductions, and responses to other introductions,
      that you post at our Yahoo Jewish singles groups.

      Today Saturday April 14th 2007 CE
      Sunshine and clouds mixed. High 56F. Winds WNW at 10 to 15 mph.
      Tonight: Cloudy with rain developing after midnight. Low 43F. Winds
      SE
      at 5 to 10 mph. Chance of rain 80%. Rainfall around a quarter of an
      inch.
      Tomorrow: Windy with rain, heavy at times. High 43F. Winds ENE at 25
      to 35 mph. Rainfall possibly over two inches. Winds could
      occasionally
      gust over 50 mph.
      Tomorrow night: Windy with a heavy, steady rain in the evening. Rain
      showers continuing late. Low 38F. Winds N at 25 to 35 mph. Winds
      could
      occasionally gust over 40 mph.
      Monday: Windy with showers at times. Highs in the mid 40s and lows in
      the upper 30s.
      Tuesday: Windy with showers. Highs in the mid 40s and lows in the
      upper 30s.
      Wednesday: Mostly Cloudy. Highs in the upper 40s and lows in the low
      40s.

      COASTAL FLOOD WATCH
      Powerful weekend rainstorm forecast
      Posted by the Asbury Park Press on 04/14/07
      BY TODD B. BATES
      ENVIRONMENTAL WRITER
      A powerful storm is expected to hit New Jersey this weekend, and a
      coastal flood watch was to be in effect from late tonight through
      Sunday night, according to the National Weather Service.
      At this point, it looks like the storm will be "pretty intense,"
      said Valerie Meola, a meteorologist in the weather service's Mount
      Holly office.
      It appears that with the strong onshore winds and a new moon
      approaching Tuesday, "we could see some possibly moderate tidal
      flooding," Meola said.
      There "could be some beach erosion as well," she said.
      The weather service has also issued a flood watch for western
      Monmouth County, and "we could get widespread amounts of about 2
      inches of rain," she said.
      Low pressure that was developing over Texas on Friday afternoon is
      forecast to move east and reach northern Georgia tonight, according
      to the weather service's Mount Holly office Web site.
      The storm is then expected to head to the northeast and move off the
      Virginia and Maryland coasts Sunday afternoon, the Web site said.
      The intensifying storm will then pass over Delaware and New Jersey
      coastal waters late Sunday before moving over Long Island and
      southern New England on Sunday night and Monday, the Web site said.
      Any rainfall on Sunday will only exacerbate tidal flooding,
      according to the Web site.
      At Sandy Hook, high tides will occur at 6:40 a.m. and 7:07 p.m.
      Sunday.
      High tides at Seaside Heights will take place at 6:10 a.m. and 6:37
      p.m. Sunday.
      A coastal flood watch means that tidal flooding could occur during
      the next 48 hours, and coastal residents should be prepared for
      rising water, according to the Web site.
      Nor'easter setting its sights on Jersey
      Friday, April 13, 2007
      BY BRIAN DONOHUE
      Star-Ledger Staff
      Think yesterday's weather was soggy? Just wait until this weekend.
      Forecasters say a powerful nor'easter is taking aim at New Jersey,
      promising more drenching rain, high winds and concerns over coastal
      flooding and beach erosion.
      About 1 1/2 inches of rain fell yesterday over parts of the state,
      causing flooding in low lying areas and delaying flights at Newark
      Liberty International Airport by an average of 2 1/2 to 3 hours.
      Even as the rain fell yesterday, a storm expected to form over the
      Carolinas and move northward Sunday was dominating forecasters'
      attention.
      "It looks just like a big ole nasty storm," said Jim Eberwine,
      meteorologist with the National Weather Service in Mount Holly. "I'm
      sure the adjectives will be flying over the next few days. For so
      late in the season, it's going to be a whopper."
      The coastal storm could sit off the New Jersey coast until Tuesday,
      punishing the Shore with high winds and surf during a period of
      already high lunar tides, forecasters said.
      The national weather forecaster discussion, a Web site used by
      meteorologists, warned the slow-moving storm could cause "coastal
      flooding and beach erosion not seen in many years."
      Eberwine said the current forecast calls for some of the
      precipitation to fall as sleet or snow in the northernmost parts of
      the state, but said there is not enough cold air predicted to keep
      it as snow for very long.
      "This storm is going to be one nasty storm for the beaches,"
      Eberwine said.

      The Jewish Singles Events immediately below are from the website of
      The
      Jewish Standard
      http://www.jstandard.com/categories/Singles/
      items directly below are from url directly above
      By Jewish Standard | | Singles |

      sunday [april 15]
      Walk with Liz Jewish Singles on the Palisades, 50 and older, take a
      five-mile walk with Liz at Loantaka Brook Reservation near
      Morristown. Meet at 9:30 a.m. at the JCC on the Palisades in Tenafly
      or at 10:15 in the parking area at Park/Seaton Hackney Stables
      entrance off South Street. Wear comfortable shoes and bring water.
      Free. $3 carpool fee. Optional stop for lunch (at your own expense)
      in Morristown. Canceled if it rains. (201) 569-7900, ext. 460.

      monday [april 16]
      Singles and adoption The Jewish Child Care Association's Ametz
      adoption program meets at the JCC in Manhattan for a post-adoptive
      support group, 4 p.m. $15 for member adults, $20 for non-member
      adults, plus $5 per child. Childcare provided. Information, (646)
      505-
      5708 or visit www.jccmanhattan.org

      friday [april 20]
      Shabbat in Fort Lee Jewish Singles of All Ages from the JCC on the
      Palisades in Tenafly and Cong. Gesher Shalom/JCC of Fort Lee, meet
      for Shabbat yachad services (Carlebach style), at Cong. Gesher Shalom
      in Fort Lee, 8 p.m. Afterward, there will be an oneg Shabbat. (201)
      569-7900, ext. 460, or (201) 947-1735, ext. 12.

      saturday [april 21]
      Speed dating in Fort Lee JewishSinglesFortLee hosts High Speed Dating
      at Cong. Gesher Shalom/JCC of Fort Lee, 8:30 p.m. $18 a person.
      Reservations, (201) 947-1735, ext. 12 or e-mail
      Fortleejewishsingles@...
      Fortleejewishsingles AT gmail.com

      sunday [april 22]
      River walk in Edgewater Jewish singles, 30-57, from the JCC on the
      Palisades in Tenafly, meet for a walk with Jeff at Riverwalk in
      Edgewater. Meet at the JCC to carpool, 10 a.m., or in the Whole Foods
      parking lot at 10:30. After the walk, there will be an optional lunch
      (not included in the fee). Canceled if it rains. Bring water. $4 for
      JCC members; $6 for non-members. (201) 569-7900, ext. 460.

      Hike The Mosaic Outdoor Club and the JCC of Manhattan celebrate Earth
      Day with a five- to six-mile hike on the carriage road in Rockefeller
      State Park in northern Westchester County. Meet at the Tarrytown
      Railroad Station at 10:30 a.m. Hiking shoes preferred. Free for
      Mosaic and JCC members. $10 for non-members. Glenn, (914) 422-8183,
      between 8-10:15 p.m.

      Brunch and dating Jewish Singles, older than 50, from the JCC on the
      Palisades in Tenafly, meet for brunch and a discussion with Leslie
      Brody "The Fine Art of Dating in Your Later Decades," noon. $16 with
      payment by April 19, $20 at the door. (201) 569-7900, ext. 460.

      Meet for lunch Circle of Single Jewish Friends (49+) meets for lunch
      at Fox & Hound Pub & Grille in Edison, noon. Price of meal off the
      menu/tip, plus $3. 250 Menlo Park Drive, in the Menlo Park Mall,
      facing Route 1. Reservations, Roberta, (908) 668-8450.

      Schmooze Singles, 40-57, schmooze with each other and talk with
      Elaine and Jeff at the JCC on the Palisades in Tenafly, 6 p.m. $4 for
      JCC members, $6 for non-members. (201) 569-7900, ext. 460.

      Charity event The Young Leadership Division of Just One Life hosts
      interactive activities, light dinner, and dessert for singles at 310
      W. 75th St., (between West End Avenue and Riverside Drive) in New
      York City, 7-10 p.m. $36 with payment by April 17, $54 at the door.
      (212) 683-6040 or visit www.justonelife.org

      monday [april 23]
      Bereavement group Jewish Family Service clinical social worker Debbie
      Fox begins a five-session daytime bereavement group through May 21 at
      the JCC on the Palisades in Tenafly, 11 a.m. $40 for JCC members, $50
      for non-members. (201) 569-7900, ext. 305.

      tuesday [april 24]
      Quick connections Jewish singles, 45-59, from the JCC-Y of Rockland
      meet for Quik Connections, at the JCC in New City, N.Y., 7:30 p.m.
      Meet people one-on-one for eight minutes. 900 Route 45. $20 for
      members, $25 for non-members. 900 Route 45. Shula, (845) 362-4400,
      ext. 112.

      wednesday [april 25]
      Jewish and single The JCC in Manhattan hosts a discussion
      group "Jewish and Single in New York" for singles, 40s-50s,
      7 p.m. Free. (646) 505-5708 or visit www.jccmanhattan.org

      thursday [april 26]
      Literature and drinks The JCC in Manhattan hosts a Lit Café, 8 p.m.
      The monthly group includes guest authors, signings, and discussions.
      Free. (646) 505-5708 or visit www.jccmanhattan.org

      sunday [april 29]
      Dating workshop Dr. Richard M. Harris, author of "The Listening
      Leader" gives a Dialogues for Dating workshop at the JCC on the
      Palisades in Tenafly with Jewish singles, 30-57, 2-5 p.m. $15 with
      payment by April 26, $20 at the door. (201) 569-7900, ext. 460.
      monday [april 30]
      Support for singles Therapist Judy Brauner leads two seven-session
      support groups at the JCC on the Palisades in Tenafly. "You Are Not
      Alone: Widow/Widowers" starts at 6:30 p.m. "Uncoupling: Coping With
      Divorce and Separation" starts at 8:15. $100 per group for JCC
      members, $125 for non-members. (201) 569-7900, ext. 460.
      wednesday [may 2]
      Early bird reservations due The Mosaic Outdoor Club is hosting a
      weekend at Camp Ramah in the Berkshires from May 25-28. Low cost
      early-bird reservations are until May 15.
      Www.Adventurers.meetup.com/36.events or www.wingdaleuniversity.org

      http://www.jstandard.com/categories/Singles/
      items directly above are from url directly above

      Directions to the JCC
      (Jewish Community Center) on the Palisades
      411 East Clinton Avenue Tenafly, NJ 07670 201 569 7900
      these directions were found at:
      http://www.jcconthepalisades.org/template.phpsection=AD

      FROM GARDEN STATE PARKWAY NORTH
      Exit 161 to Route 4 East. Continue directions from Route 4.

      FROM GARDEN STATE PARKWAY SOUTH
      Exit 163 to Route 17 South to Route 4 East.
      FROM NEW JERSEY TURNPIKE
      Exit 18 to Route 46 East to Grand Avenue. Proceed North past Route 4
      and continue as described below (from Route 4).

      FROM I-80 EAST
      To Garden State Parkway North to Exit 161 and then to Route 4 East.
      FROM ROUTE 4
      Exit at Grand Avenue/Englewood. Follow Grand Avenue North about 1
      mile, where it
      becomes Engle Street. Continue on Engle Street past Englewood
      Hospital. 2nd
      Traffic light past hospital make right onto E. Clinton Avenue. JCC is
      approximately 1 mile on left.

      FROM NEW YORK CITY & LONG ISLAND
      Go over George Washington Bridge to Palisades Parkway North. Get off
      at Exit 1,
      Englewood Cliffs & Palisades Avenue. Make right and go to 1st light.
      At light
      make a right onto Route 9W No. At 4th light make a left onto E.
      Clinton Avenue.
      JCC is mile on right.

      FROM SOUTH OR WEST
      Take New Jersey Turnpike (95) No. or Route 80 East to Broad Ave.
      Exit. Bear
      right onto Broad Ave. toward Englewood. Broad Ave. will become Dana
      Place. Take
      Dana Place to end. Make right onto E. Palisades Ave. At 3rd block
      (on left) make
      left onto No. Woodland Street to end. Make right onto E. Clinton
      Avenue.
      JCC immediately on left.

      FROM NORTH
      Take Palisades Parkway South and get off at Exit 2. Make left off
      ramp onto
      Route 9W South. At 3rd light make right onto E. Clinton Avenue. JCC
      is mile on right.

      FROM TAPPAN ZEE BRIDGE
      To Exit 13 So. (Palisades Parkway So.) to Exit 2. Proceed as above
      from North.

      FROM CONNECTICUT (Stamford)
      Route I 95 So. to 287 West to Tappan Zee Bridge. Proceed as above.

      Please stay in touch with Elaine who has been hosting house parties
      for her ELITE JEWISH SINGLES Ages 45-60 Please no exceptions group
      at a private home in the Metuchen area usually on one or two
      Saturday nights each month
      starting at about 7:30 p.m. weather permitting. You may email
      Elaine, who ran many Jewish singles events some years back at the
      JCC in the Edison, New Jersey area at
      elaine423nj@...
      elaine423nj AT yahoo.com
      please contact Elaine about her ELITE JEWISH SINGLES Ages 45-60
      Please no exceptions house parties thanks
      Elite Jewish Singles, ages 45-60 (please no exceptions) . Please
      contact Elaine at 732-548-0322 for reservations and directions.

      Incidentally it is a different Elaine who is moderating the Singles
      Schmooze at the JCC Jewish Community Center in Tenafly, New Jersey.
      Average age of
      attendees at the Singles Schmooze at the JCC in Tenafly, New Jersey
      is baby
      boomers give or take a few years ago. Turnout is usually around 36
      people or so,
      another double Chai !

      Sundays, April 22nd & May 20th 2007 c.e. at 6 p.m.
      Led by Jeff and Elaine
      Spend a casual evening getting to know other singles through
      discussions on various topics determined by the participants.
      $4 JCC members, $6 Nonmembers

      Sundays, April 22nd & May 20th 2007 Schmooze Singles, 40-57,
      schmooze with each other and talk with Elaine and Jeff at the JCC on
      the Palisades in Tenafly, 6 p.m. $4
      for JCC members, $6 for non-members. (201) 569-7900, ext. 460.

      Events immediately below are from the website of the JCC, (Jewish
      Community Center) on the Palisades 411 East Clinton Avenue Tenafly,
      NJ 07670 201 569 7900

      Singles 40-57
      Singles Schmooze
      Sundays, April 22 & May 20 • 6 pm
      Led by Jeff and Elaine
      Spend a casual evening getting to know other singles through
      discussions on various topics determined by the participants.
      $4 JCC members, $6 Nonmembers

      Walk With Jeff at Riverwalk in Edgewater
      Sunday, April 22 • 10 am
      Meet at the JCC at 10am for carpooling or at the Whole Foods parking
      lot by 10:30am. The RIVERWALK, takes us behind the hi-rises and
      shopping centers, along the Hudson in Edgewater. Walk on the path
      less traveled along the river, with beautiful views of NYC
      approximately five miles round trip). We will stop to visit Mitsuwa,
      a Japanese supermarket, with optional lunch on the way back. Wear
      comfortable walking shoes, bring water
      $4 JCC members, $6 nonmembers
      Cosponsored with Singles 30-47

      Dialogues for Dating Workshop
      Sunday April 29 • 2-5pm
      Richard M. Harris, PhD, is president and founder of Richard M Harris
      Associates and author of The Listening Leader.
      Do you wish dating could be more fun and fulfilling? Had enough of
      the frustration of failed communication? Want to be better understood
      by your dating partner? Don't miss this workshop which will present
      Four Simple Strategies for More Successful Social Conversations and
      Relationships, led by Dr. Richard Harris. Through live video of
      simulated dating conversations, immediate feedback, and hands-on
      exercises, you will learn how to create faster rapport, turn awkward
      or superficial conversation into genuine dialogue and get to really
      know yourself and the other person. Whether you observe or
      participate, be prepared to take away fresh insights and skills that
      will make a real difference in your future dating experience.
      Reservations requested, call 201 569 7900 ext 460.
      $15 if paid in advance, $20 at the door
      Cosponsored with Singles 30-47

      BBQ & Sports Day at the JCC
      Sunday, May 20 • 4 pm Rain or Shine
      Have fun playing volleyball and softball after you enjoy barbecued
      hot dogs, hamburgers or veggie burgers, and more. Schmooze with
      Elaine on topics of your choice. Please wear sneakers, bring mitts
      and bats for softball. It is sure to be a great day of food and fun.
      Reservations required, call ext. 460.
      $20 with paid reservations by May 12th, $25 after Cosponsored with
      Singles 30-47 & the JCC of Rockland

      5 Minute Dating
      Sunday, June 3 • 4 pm
      Singles 40-55 only
      Don't miss this chance to meet and date several different people one-
      on-one for 5 minutes each in a casual atmosphere. Enjoy socializing
      with everyone during our breaks. Reservations required, call ext 460.
      $15 if paid in advance, $20 after (based on availability)
      Men are encouraged to register

      SINGLES OF ALL AGES
      Friday Night Jewish Singles Services and Oneg
      At Congregation Gesher Shalom in Fort Lee
      (1449 Anderson Ave)
      Fridays, April 20 & May 18 • 8pm
      Join other singles for "Shabbat B' Yachad", a new stimulating and
      inspirational Shlomo Carlbach style –egalitarian service. Following
      the service join singles in your age range for an Oneg Shabbat.
      For further information email: brucep@...
      or call 201.947.1735 x12
      No fee

      Singles Parent Family Weekend
      Friday-Sunday 6/8-6/10
      Enjoy a getaway for adults without leaving the kids! In the
      afternoons, enjoy family geared activities such as scavenger hunts
      and talent shows. However, your mornings and evenings are focused on
      you. Participate in adult activities, ranging from softball to
      personal massages, while knowing that your children are having a
      blast under the supervision of our camp program. If your child is
      under 5 years old you may bring a babysitter for FREE!
      Fee per night: $55 children (18yrs. and under)/$110 adults

      For more information contact:
      Esther Mazor, Singles Director 201 569 7900 x460
      emazor@...
      emazor AT jccotp.org

      Singles 30-47
      Walk With Jeff at Riverwalk in Edgewater
      Sunday, April 22 • 10 am
      Meet at the JCC at 10am for carpooling or at the Whole Foods parking
      lot by 10:30am. The RIVERWALK, takes us behind the hi-rises and
      shopping centers, along the Hudson in Edgewater. Walk on the path
      less traveled along the river, with beautiful views of NYC
      approximately five miles round trip). We will stop to visit Mitsuwa,
      a Japanese supermarket, with optional lunch on the way back. Wear
      comfortable walking shoes, bring water
      $4 JCC members, $6 nonmembers
      Cosponsored with Singles 40-57

[...]
      Reservations requested, call ext 460.
      $15 if paid in advance, $20 at the door
      Cosponsored with Singles 40-57

      BBQ & Sports Day at the JCC
      Sunday, May 20 • 4 pm Rain or Shine
      Have fun playing volleyball and softball after you enjoy barbecued
      hot dogs, hamburgers or veggie burgers, and more. Schmooze with
      Elaine on topics of your choice. Please wear sneakers, bring mitts
      and bats for softball. It is sure to be a great day of food and fun.
      Reservations required, call ext. 460.
      $20 with paid reservations by May 12th, $25 after Cosponsored with
      Singles 40-57 & the JCC of Rockland

      Memorial Day Weekend Getaway
      at the NJ Y Camp, in Milford, PA
      May 25-May 28
      You will love this weekend sponsored by Bashert and designed with you
      in mind.
      Yoga, swimming, stargazing, kayaking, dancing salsa, ropes course,
      mountain biking, and tennis are just some of the offerings. Enjoy
      kosher meals and a joyous Shabbat. For information and registration
      call 877-656-5683 or go to www.basherte.org.
      Fees: rates begin at $275

      SINGLES OF ALL AGES
      Friday Night Jewish Singles Services and Oneg
      At Congregation Gesher Shalom in Fort Lee (1449 Anderson Ave)
      Fridays, April 20 & May 18 • 8pm
      Join other singles for "Shabbat B' Yachad", a new stimulating and
      inspirational Shlomo Carlbach style –egalitarian service. Following
      the service join singles in your age range for an Oneg Shabbat.
      For further information email: brucep@...
      or call 201.947.1735 x12
      No fee

      Singles Parent Family Weekend
      Friday-Sunday, June 8-10
      Enjoy a getaway for adults without leaving the kids! In the
      afternoons, enjoy family geared activities such as scavenger hunts
      and talent shows. However, your mornings and evenings are focused on
      you. Participate in adult activities, ranging from softball to
      personal massages, while knowing that your children are having a
      blast under the supervision of our camp program. If your child is
      under 5 years old you may bring a babysitter for FREE!
      Fee per night: $55 children (18yrs. and under)/$110 adults

      For more information contact:
      Esther Mazor, Singles Director 201 569 7900 x460
      emazor@...
      emazor AT jccotp.org

      Singles 50+
      Walk with Liz at Loantaka Brook Reservation
      near Morristown
      Sunday April 15 • 9:30 am
      Cancelled in event of rain
      Meet at the JCC at 9:30am for carpooling or at parking area at
      Park/Seaton Hackney Stables entrance off South Street by 10:15am.
      Walk the trails along the brook, past the pond, and woods (about 5
      miles). Optional lunch in Morristown afterwards.
      No Fee ($3 carpool fee)
      Directions: I 287 - going South: Take Exit 35. Bear RIGHT and move
      into LEFT lane onto Madison Ave. At traffic light make LEFT turn onto
      South Street. Continue on South Street for 3/4 mile. Entrance to Park
      is on LEFT. If you park by the Stables, you will be on the other side
      of the riding ring. We will begin the walk from the main (larger)
      parking lot, where the Public Shelter and restrooms are.

      Brunch & "The Fine Art of Dating in Your Later Decades"
      Sunday, April 22 • 12 noon
      Dating should be fun, but for many, can be a very stressful process.
      This lighthearted, informative and interactive program is designed to
      take the fear out, and put the fun back into dating. Topics covered
      will include; where to go to meet people to date; Leslie's Laws of
      Attraction; The fine art of conversation; How to flirt (men and
      women); Problems encountered specifically by daters who are no
      longer "kids" We will discuss about the myth that all men are looking
      for younger women. Be prepared to learn, laugh, and leap into lively
      discussion with Leslie Brody. Leslie is an accomplished public
      speaker and owner of "Single Parent Answers."
      Reservations requested, call 201 569 7900 ext 460.
      $16 if paid by April 19, $20 after

      Arthur Miller through a Jewish Lens with Ben Nelson
      Wednesday May 9, 7 pm
      Join Ben Nelson as he presents a new look at America's foremost
      playwright, Arthur Miller. Particular emphasis will be placed on the
      Jewish sensibility that informs his work. Works under consideration
      range from Death of a Salesman, 1949, to Broken Glass, 1994, and
      include as well short stories and his only novel, Focus. This is
      Arthur Miller from a different and fascinating perspective. Join
      other singles for a special reception with coffee and cake before we
      join others for this wonderful evening at 7:30 pm.
      $10 JCC members, $12 nonmember

      Walk With Liz
      Bamboo Brook and Willowwood Arboretum
      Sunday, May 20, 9:30 am
      Cancelled in event of rain
      Meet at the JCC at 9:30 am for (carpooling fee $5) of at the Myers
      Visitors Center, Willowwood Arboretum at 10:30 am. Get ready for this
      Double Dose of Nature. Bamboo Brook and Willowwood Arboretum are two
      of the four cultural sites in Black River Park in Chester Township.
      We start our walk at the arboretum, where the residence dates from
      1792. There are two small formal gardens One mile away and reached by
      connecting wooded trails, Bamboo Brook, originally known as
      Merchiston Farm. It was the private home of William and Martha
      Hutcheson from 1911-1959. The historic gardens were designed by Mrs.
      Hutcheson, the first woman trained as a landscape architect in the
      US. Optional lunch at own expense. No Fee
[...]

      Events immediately above are from the website of the JCC, (Jewish
      Community Center) on the Palisades 411 East Clinton Avenue Tenafly,
      NJ 07670 201 569 7900

      CIRCLE OF SINGLE JEWISH FRIENDS hosts LUNCH PARTIES at a variety of
      restaurants in the Edison, Woodbridge, and nearby areas of New Jersey
      for more information please contact Roberta for details roger AT
      superlink.net
      roger@...
      Roberta (908) 668-8450 They are usually at noon on one Sunday each
      month.
      age range is baby boomers give or take a few years or so.
      Normal attendance is about 36 people or so.
      Roberta has told me that her next party will be on Sunday April 22nd,
      2007 c.e. at noon
      at The Fox & Hound Pub and Grille in Menlo Park Mall in Edison, New
      Jersey next to Macy's. Do not be scared off by the name of the place.
      Thanks to New Jersey's enlightened
      legislation there is NO SMOKING ALLOWED in the Pub or the Grille.
      Also, if you carefully
      peruse the menu you can get salads, they will make them for you from
      scratch, without bacon or any other awful thing in them, to your
      satisfaction, and you can even get some nice delicious steamed
      broccoli as a side order. They will even bring the oil and vinegar on
      the side and make your salad without dressing if you like. Make sure
      when you order the salad that you tell them you do NOT want any bacon
      in it. This is after all a Jewish event!

      Fox & Hound Pub & Grille
      55 Parsonage Rd # 250 , Edison , NJ 08837 Menlo Park Mall
      (732) 452-9100
      Fox and Hound Pub and Grille: Menlo Park Mall on Rt. 1 South in
      Edison , NJFox & Hound
      250 Menlo Park Drive in Edison, NJ
      732-452-9100
      http://www.tentcorp.com/list.php
      New Jersey
      Edison - 250 Menlo Park Drive (732)452-9100
      http://www.tentcorp.com/menu.php
      http://www.tentcorp.com/standardnewmenu.pdf
      Merge onto GARDEN STATE PKWY S (Portions toll). 11.9 miles Map

      7: Merge onto US-1 S via EXIT 130 toward TRENTON. 0.8 miles Map

      8: Turn SLIGHT RIGHT onto N LAFAYETTE RD. 0.3 miles Map

      9: Turn RIGHT onto PARSONAGE RD / CR-657. 0.2 miles Map

      10: End at Fox & Hound Pub & Grill:
      55 Parsonage Rd # 250, Edison, NJ 08837, US

      Please state that you are Jewish, Single, 21 or over, when you apply
      to join the Jewish Singles Yahoo Groups at the websites the urls
      below will take you to

      We also hope that you will join
      NEW_JERSEY_SCIENCE_FICTION_FANS

      NS/

      There is no charge to join NEW_JERSEY_SCIENCE_FICTION_FANS

      NS/

      or to belong to
      http://groups.yahoo.com/group/NEW_JERSEY_SCIENCE_FICTION_FA
      NS/

      NEW_JERSEY_SCIENCE_FICTION_FANS

      or to attend any of its events. If you go to a restaurant you pay
      only for the
      food that you order plus tax and tip.

      You never pay
      NEW_JERSEY_SCIENCE_FICTION_FANS

      NS/

      anything for any of its events.

      NEW_JERSEY_SCIENCE_FICTION_FANS

      NS/

      Wants you! Our Science Fiction group is for everyone 21 or older
      regardless of background or marital status. Younger fans should find
      another group. Please introduce yourself when you join and
      periodically as
      new members keep joining. We plan to get together at restaurants and
      to go
      to movies. We will see them in movie theaters,and, if people are kind
      enough, on people's home VCRs, or DVD
      players, for the technologically advanced among us. Buy your own
      movie
      tickets. Buy your own meals at
      Restaurants. Hopefully a typical event would involve going to a
      Science
      Fiction Movie and then to a Restaurant to discuss the movie we just
      saw.
      Are you a single Science Fiction fan looking for a soulmate? Perhaps
      you
      will find that person here. This club is not a New Jersey singles
      group per se,
      and is open to anyone over 21, regardless of background or marital
      status,
      nonetheless, love is a
      good thing. In the parts of New Jersey where the
      science fiction clubs we know of operate there is also a
      very high percentage of Jewish residents. Many science fiction fans
      and
      science fiction writers and even science fiction stars, like Leonard
      Nimoy,
      (Mr. Spock), of Star Trek, and William Shatner (Captain Kirk), of
      Star
      Trek, also happen to be Jewish. Most science fiction fans I know are
      single
      men, and many of them, at least in places like New Jersey, are
      Jewish.

      Many science fiction fans in New Jersey also happen to be Jewish.
      Most
      science fiction fans are male. For the single Jewish woman in New
      Jersey
      joining a science fiction group may be the ideal way to find her
      ideal man.
      Unlike most singles events, which tend to be attended by more women
      than
      men,most science fiction events are attended by more men than women.

      If you happen to be Jewish, Single and over 21
      Please state that you are Jewish, Single, 21 or over, when you apply
      to join
      the Jewish Singles Yahoo Groups at the websites the urls below will
      take
      you to

      One of the biggest complaints heard from many
      women who attend some singles events
      is that there are far more women than men
      in attendance.

      One of the biggest complaints heard from
      many men who attend most science fiction
      events is that there are far more men in
      attendance than women.

      Most science fiction fans are male.
      Many science fiction fans in places like
      New Jersey are also Jewish.

      There are science fiction clubs in many
      places. In New Jersey many science fiction
      club attendees are single Jewish men.

      The SCIENCE FICTION ASSOCIATON OF BERGEN
      COUNTY, NEW JERSEY http://www.sfabc.org
      is open to everyone regardless of marital status or background
      and is absolutely NOT a singles group
      nonetheless many single Jewish men attend its many functions.
      It has existed since 1984 c.e. and was founded by its
      director, Phil. The club holds a monthly meeting
      on the Second Saturday night of each month.
      The next monthly meeting will be on Saturday night April 14th, 2007
      it will feature fantasy writer Gary Wassner
      http://www.garywassner.com/
      http://www.garywassner.com/bio.html

      April 14, 2007 Fantasy Writer Gary Wassner Saddle River Valley
      Cultural Center

      The speaker usually begins at about 8 p.m. on the
      Second Saturday night of each month, and there are usually
      some pre-meeting discussions starting around 6:30 p.m.
      on the Second Saturday night of each month.
      The monthly meetings usually last until about 10 p.m. or 11 p.m.
      after which many members usually adjourn to a nearby non-Kosher
      diner for socializing until around midnight or sometimes even
      later. The club has other events during the month also.
      call the club's founder and director Phil at 201 447-3652 for
      details about the SCIENCE FICTION ASSOCIATON OF BERGEN
      COUNTY, NEW
      JERSEY http://www.sfabc.org and their many wonderful events.

      Phil, is the founder and director of http://www.sfabc.org
      201 447-3652 The Science Fiction Association of Bergen County, New
      Jersey

      THE STARSHIP LOCAL

      (A note from me re the SFABC my experience with the SFABC
      has been that usually your first attendance at a monthly meeting is
      free if you are not a member of SFABC and after that you are asked to
      join and to pay $2 for each monthly meeting that you attend.
      SFABC has been holding monthly meetings on the 2nd Saturday night of
      each month since 1984 after the evening program the group usually
      adjourns to a nearby non-Kosher diner) please contact Phil, who is
      the founder and director of the SFABC
      regarding this post at (201) 447 - 3652 not me thanks

      THE STARSHIP LOCAL

      THE STARSHIP LOCAL A NEWSLETTER OF THE SCIENCE
      FICTION
      ASSOCIATION OF BERGEN COUNTY NEW JERSEY
      is excerpted from below:
      136 MANHATTAN AVENUE WALDWICK, NJ 07463
      PHONE: (201) 447 - 3652
      ABOUT THE ASSOCIATION:

      The S F A B C meets on the second Saturday of the
      month and features talks, slide shows and other
      presentations by people in the science fiction,
      fantasy, horror and related fields. The Association
      sponsors a number of special interest groups, focusing
      on different aspects of science fiction and related
      matters, including activities devoted to books,
      movies, televison, animation, horror and other events.
      We also produce a monthly newsletter listing talks,
      conventions, discussion groups and other activities of
      interest to poeple who enjoy science fiction and
      related areas. We invite you to contact us through
      our website:

      http://www.sfabc.org
      Directions to meeting site:

      Saddle River Valley Cultural Center
      305 West Saddle River
      Upper Saddle River
      Bergen County, New Jersey

      The Cultural Center looks like (but is not) a classic
      little white church, steeple and all. The parking lot
      is not too large, but it's okay to use the much bigger
      lot of the Methodist Church diagonally across the
      street.

      Important Note: The Cultural Center is on WEST Saddle
      River Road. One block further over is EAST Saddle
      River Road. Unlike streets in New York, East does not
      turn into West. The roads are on opposite banks of
      the Saddle River which is nothing more than a stream
      at this point.

      FROM ROUTE 17 NORTHBOUND:

      Exit ROUTE 17 NORTH at the sign which reads SADDLE
      RIVER / WOODCLIFF LAKE. (This is the exit after
      Sheridan Avenue, Ho Ho Kus.) This exit puts you onto
      EAST ALLENDALE AVENUE heading East. Stay on road for
      about 1/2 mile and turn left at the first traffic
      light onto WEST SADDLE RIVER ROAD. Drive north for
      1-3/4 miles. Shortly after passing a brick Catholic
      Church, the Church of the Presentation, on your left
      hand side you cross into Upper Saddle River. The
      Cultural Center is on your left hand side. If you
      come to a traffic light you have slightly overshot and
      hit LAKE STREET.

      Note: You will see a sign marked WEST SADDLE RIVER
      ROAD on Route 17 northbound well to the south of where
      you have been told to leave 17. If you take this
      exit, you will eventually get where you want to be,
      but it will take you a lot longer to get there.

      FROM ROUTE 17 SOUTHBOUND:

      Exit ROUTE 17 SOUTH at SADDLE RIVER / WOODCLIFF LAKE
      exit. This puts you onto EAST ALLENDALE ROAD heading
      East. You drive under the highway. Then follow the
      directions from Route 17 Northbound.

      Note: This way takes you a little bit longer than the
      exit for UPPER SADDLE RIVER, but it spares you making
      hairpin turns on steep hills at night in bad weather
      on an unfamiliar road.

      FROM THE GARDEN STATE PARKWAY NORTHBOUND:

      Take Exit 172, GRAND AVENUE, MONTVALE. (This is the
      last exit in New Jersey and is just past the Montvale
      Service Area). Turn left at the exit ramp and head
      west on GRAND AVENUE. There are a lot of small towns
      in this area, and the road that you're on will keep
      changing its name. At different points it is called
      GRAND AVENUE, MONTVALE ROAD, RAMSEY ROAD and LAKE
      STREET. At the second traffic light you will be at
      the intersection of LAKE STREET and EAST SADDLE RIVER
      ROAD. It has two landmarks that anyone in the area
      will know about: a 7-11 type store called Elmers and
      a Texaco station. Keep driving west. Do not turn.
      Turn left at the next traffic light onto WEST SADDLE
      RIVER ROAD. The Cultural Center is 1/10 of a mile
      down the road on your right.

      FROM ROCKLAND COUNTY VIA ROUTE 59:

      Follow ROUTE 59 until you come to Norris Pontiac in
      Monsey and turn south at the traffic light unto ROUTE
      306. This road is also called EAST SADDLE RIVER
      ROAD. Head south towards New Jersey. (Note:
      Although the maps show this road as Route 306, and
      that's what everyone calls it, after you make the
      turn, the sign reads ROUTE 73. Don't ask me to
      explain it.) Stay on ROUTE 306 for 2.3 miles Note
      that there is a long stretch between the first and
      second traffic lights.

      Turn right at the second traffic light which is the
      intersection of EAST SADDLE RIVER ROAD and LAKE
      STREET. A Texaco station and Elmers are at this
      corner. Proceed west and turn left at the next
      traffic light onto WEST SADDLE RIVER ROAD. The
      Cultural Center is 1/10 of a mile down the road on
      your right.

      Please note that we maintain separate email reminder
      lists for all of the monthly activities of the
      Association. If you would like to be added to any or
      all of these lists, please contact the Science Fiction Association of
      Bergen
      County New Jersey at 201 447-3652
      http://www.sfabc.org

      Please also be sure to join
      NEW_JERSEY_SCIENCE_ FICTION_FANS- subscribe@ yahoogroups.
      com
      http://groups.yahoo.com/group/NEW_JERSEY_SCIENCE_FICTION_FA
      NS/

      ........................THE STARSHIP LOCAL

      A NEWSLETTER OF THE SCIENCE FICTION ASSOCIATION OF BERGEN COUNTY
      ............136 MANHATTAN AVENUE * WALDWICK, NJ 07463
      .....................PHONE: (201) 447 - 3652

      ......................APRIL MEETING PREVIEW:

      .....6:15 PM: Warner Brothers Cartoons (Animation Associates)
      ...............6:30 PM: Currently Cool (Ice Nine)

      ...................8:00 PM: AUTHOR GARY WASSNER

      ..........You are invited to join us for an evening of science
      fiction on
      Saturday, April 14, 2007 at the meeting of the Science Fiction
      Association of
      Bergen County. The gathering will be held at the Saddle River Valley
      Center
      Cultural Center, 307 West Saddle River Road, Upper Saddle River,
      Bergen County,
      New Jersey. Directions appear on page two.

      PRE MEETING ACTIVITIES:

      ..........Our Animation Associates will show some vintage Warner
      Brothers
      cartoons before the main meeting. Show up at 6:15 PM to relive some
      timeless
      classics.

      ..........If that does not strike your fancy, you can join the
      Currently Cool
      meeting of Ice Nine at 6:30 PM. Read a good book? Seen a fun show?
      Watched a
      scary movie? Come and share your thoughts with the group! You can
      never tell
      where this discussion will go.

      AUTHOR GARY WASSNER:

      ..........Gary Wassner is a writer of adult and children's books, as
      well as
      poetry and book reviews. His GemQuest fantasy series is currently at
      three
      books: THE TWINS, THE SHARDS and THE AWAKENING, with at least two
      other books
      in the series underway. The series is an epic fantasy dealing with
      friendship,
      honor, and the choices we make for good or evil. More information can
      be found
      at his website, <http://www.garywassner.com>.

[...]

      THE STARSHIP LOCAL........Volume 5, Number 4......
      ..........................Philip J De Parto

      THE STARSHIP LOCAL is the monthly meeting notice of the Science
      Fiction
      Association of Bergen County. It is designed to communicate basic
      information
      about the activities of the organization to devotees of fantasy,
      horror and
      science fiction. All material by Philip J De Parto unless otherwise
      acknowledged.

      We also publish a more extensive monthly newsletter, THE STARSHIP
      EXPRESS, for
      members of the organization. If you are not a member and would like
      to receive
      the EXPRESS, mail a check for $ 8.00 for the electronic version or $
      12.00 for
      the print version. Checks should be made payable to Philip J De
      Parto, 136
      Manhattan Avenue, Waldwick, New Jersey 07463.

      .............................-- 1 --

      Directions to meeting site:

      ...............Saddle River Valley Cultural Center
      ......................305 West Saddle River
      .......................Upper Saddle River
      ....................Bergen County, New Jersey

      The Cultural Center looks like a classic little white church, steeple
[...]

      corner. Proceed west and turn left at the next traffic light onto
      WEST SADDLE
      RIVER ROAD. The Cultural Center is 1/10 of a mile down the road on
      your right.

      .............................-- 2 –

      ..........Anyone wishing to receive email reminders for any of the
      monthly S F A
      B C activities listed below should contact Philip De Parto at
      SFABCPhil@...
      SFABCPhil AT gmail.com

      ASSOCIATION ACTIVITIES AT A GLANCE:

      ...........................APRIL 2007

      04/11/07...Wednesday....That's SF2!: HOLES.
      ........................Webber/De Parto Residence, 7:30 PM.
      ........................Waldwick, New Jersey.
      04/14/07....Saturday....Animation Associates: Warner Bros Toons.
      ........................Cultural Center, 6:15 PM.
      ........................Upper Saddle River, New Jersey.
      04/14/07....Saturday....Ice Nine: Currently Cool.
      ........................Cultural Center, 6:30 PM.
      ........................Upper Saddle River, New Jersey.
      04/14/07....Saturday....SFABC General Meeting: Gary Wassner.
      ........................Cultural Center, 8:00 PM.
      ........................Upper Saddle River, New Jersey.
      04/17/07.....Tuesday....Topic: Apprenticeships & Academies.
      ........................Borders Books, 8:00 PM.
      ........................Wayne, New Jersey.
      04/20/07......Friday....Special Activity: TORCHWOOD Episodes.
      ........................Webber/De Parto Residence, 7:30 PM.
      ........................Waldwick, New Jersey.
      04/22/07......Sunday....Electronic Writers' Workshop.
      ........................Herr Residence, 3:00 PM.
      ........................Caldwell, New Jersey.
      04/29/07......Sunday....Writers' Critique Group.
      ........................Webber/De Parto Residence, 4:00 PM.
      ........................Waldwick, New Jersey.
      04/30/07......Monday....Month End Book: HELL TO PAY by S Green.
      ........................Paramus Park Food Court, 7:30 PM.
      ........................Paramus, New Jersey.

      ............................MAY 2007

      05/01/07.....Tuesday....Final Frontier: Sidekicks & 2nd Bananas.
      ........................Borders Books, 8:00 PM.
      ........................Ramsey, New Jersey.
      05/09/07...Wednesday....That's SF2!: THE SPECIALS.
      ........................Webber/De Parto Residence, 7:30 PM.
      ........................Waldwick, New Jersey.
      05/12/07....Saturday....Animation Associates: To Be Announced.
      ........................Cultural Center, 6:15 PM.
      ........................Upper Saddle River, New Jersey.
      05/12/07....Saturday....Ice Nine: Currently Cool.
      ........................Cultural Center, 6:30 PM.
      ........................Upper Saddle River, New Jersey.
      05/12/07....Saturday....SFABC General Meeting: Joe Lennox.
      ........................Cultural Center, 8:00 PM.

      ........................Upper Saddle River, New Jersey.
      05/15/07.....Tuesday....Topic: Altered Humanity.
      ........................Borders Books, 8:00 PM.
      ........................Wayne, New Jersey.
      click on http://www.kehillaton.com/default.asp
      to get details of events immediately below

      Sat, 14 Apr New York - The Bronx, NY Event Joan Rivers and Robert
      Klein Live
      Mon, 16 Apr New York - Manhattan, NY Event Jewish Speed Dating for
      30s & 40s
      Tue, 17 Apr New York - Manhattan, NY Event Film:The World Was Ours
      Thu, 19 Apr New York - Manhattan, NY Lecture NEW CLASS - "PRINCIPLES
      TO LIVE BY"
      Sun, 22 Apr New York - Queens, NY Lecture 2007 - A Transit Odyssey
      Mon, 23 Apr Teaneck, NJ Event Author Appearance - The Brain That
      Changes Itself
      Fri, 27 Apr New York - Brooklyn, NY Event Shabbaton With Rebbitzen
      Tziporah Heller
      Sun, 13 May Monsey, NY Event Doula workshop for professionals

      click on http://www.kehillaton.com/default.asp
      to get details of events immediately above

      http://www.michaelfindling.com/news/

      click on the url above and below
      for some really interesting events
      http://www.michaelfindling.com/news/

      If you would like to be kept aware of events in Israel please click
      on
      http://www.israelnationalnews.com/Subscribe/
      and go from there we have no connection with that website but
      believe that
      the news it makes available is very worthwhile.

      The website there states:

      "Arutz Sheva is proud to offer free, concise email summaries of the
      day's news from Israel. Please complete the following brief survey
      to begin receiving the newsletter. (Arutz Sheva will not share this
      information with any third party.)
      In addition to the news, subscribers will receive promotional emails
      featuring Israeli/Jewish
      products and services. You may unsubscribe from promotions and
      continue to receive the Daily News Report."

      http://www.israelnationalnews.com/Subscribe/

      another source of news you may wish to use may be found at
      http://www.ynetnews.com/

      another source of news you may wish to use may be found at
      http://www.thejewishpress.com/
      You do not have to be single to join :
      Post message: OperationCSPAN@yahoogroups.com
      Subscribe: OperationCSPAN-subscribe@yahoogroups.com
      Help to counter anti-Israel, anti-Semitic callers to
      CSPAN programs such as Washington Journal, by making your own pro-
      Israel, pro-Jewish, pro-Zionist, calls to those same CSPAN programs.

      Please also do your part to help Israel by joining pro-Israel groups
      both on line and in real life. You can read more about topics and
      people in the
      news such as Jimmy Carter and James Baker and Coca Cola etc. by
      doing searches
      in the message archives of Yahoo Groups including those listed below.
      Some pro-Israel on line groups are listed below:

      Post message: IsraelAndAmericaTogetherForVictory@yahoogroups.com
      Subscribe: IsraelAndAmericaTogetherForVictory-
      subscribe@yahoogroups.com

      Post message: IsraelMustLive@yahoogroups.com
      Subscribe: IsraelMustLive-subscribe@yahoogroups.com

      Post message: IsraelNowAndForever@yahoogroups.com
      Subscribe: IsraelNowAndForever-subscribe@yahoogroups.com

      Post message: IsraelTheBestFriendAmericaHas@yahoogroups.com
      Subscribe: IsraelTheBestFriendAmericaHas-subscribe@yahoogroups.com

      Post message: OperationCSPAN@yahoogroups.com
      Subscribe: OperationCSPAN-subscribe@yahoogroups.com
      c-span, also known as C-SPAN provides much valuable information.
      However, we are
      distressed that programs like
      Washington Journal on c-span seem to provide a forum for
      anti-Semites and enemies of Israel and the Jewish people in
      general who seem to not only call into that t.v. show, but get
      through, and get
      on the air, where they are seldom interupted or cut off by the show's
      moderators. We feel that a 2 minute delay could enable the show's
      moderators to
      screen out the anti-Semites and enemies of Israel and the Jewish
      people, however
      no such 2 minute delay seems to be in place. Moreover the moderators
      of that
      show and others do not seem to be of a mind to cut off the anti-
      Semites and
      other enemies of Israel and the Jewish people in general who
      regularly call into
      that show and others
      on c-span. We have therefore created this Yahoo Group in the hopes
      that members
      of the group will become regular viewers of c-span and will call in
      regularly to
      Washington Journal and other c-span call in t.v. shows, to support
      Israel and
      the Jewish people and to counter the anti-Semites and other enemies
      of Israel
      and the Jewish people whose calls are regularly aired on c-span. We
      also hope
      that members of our Yahoo Group will contact their U.S.
      Senators and members of Congress and President Bush at
      http://www.whitehouse.gov to see what can be done about
      the situation at c-span.

      Post message: PeopleForIsrael@yahoogroups.com
      Subscribe: PeopleForIsrael-subscribe@yahoogroups.com

      Post message: PeopleWhoSupportIsrael@yahoogroups.com
      Subscribe: PeopleWhoSupportIsrael-subscribe@yahoogroups.com

      Post message: WeAreForIsrael@yahoogroups.com
      Subscribe: WeAreForIsrael-subscribe@yahoogroups.com

      Post message: WeStandUpForIsrael@yahoogroups.com
      Subscribe: WeStandUpForIsrael-subscribe@yahoogroups.com

      Post message: AmericansForIsrael@yahoogroups.com
      Subscribe: AmericansForIsrael-subscribe@yahoogroups.com

      If you know of other pro-Israel on line groups and/or pro-Israel
      groups that meet in real life please post the information about them.

      We highly recommend http://www.jewsforjudaism.org/
      "the Jewish community's leading response to the multi-million dollar
      efforts of cults a<br/><br/>(Message over 64 KB, truncated)