Some People and Events Veggies Should Know About

  • njjay5764
    Message 1 of 1 , Jan 3 4:29 PM
      Some People and Events Veggies Should Know About

      We focus first on three great veggie pioneers:

      Fannie Schaffer creator of The Vegetarian Hotel in Woodridge, NY
      The late Fannie Schaffer founded The Vegetarian Hotel in Woodridge,
      New York in the Sullivan County Catskill Mountains in 1920. The
      Vegetarian Hotel thrived under her leadership, and later under her
      son, Verbie Konviser's leadership, through the early 1980s. A
      remarkable achievement, which spanned generations of vegetarians. I
      have many fond memories of fine visits to The Vegetarian Hotel. I
      wish
      it were still there. If anyone has a story to share about The
      Vegetarian Hotel I would love to read it.

      H. Jay Dinshah Fond Memories
      I first met the late H. Jay Dinshah in 1972. We were to work
      together on a variety of projects as time went on including the
      memorable 1975 World Vegetarian Congress in Orono, Maine. You can
      read more about the late H. Jay Dinshah and his work at :
      http://www.americanvegan.org/history.htm

      Marcia Pearson Vegan Activist
      and fortunately still among the living. Though many of the great
      vegan
      activist pioneers have passed away, Marcia Pearson is still with us.
      I first met Marcia Pearson at the 1976 North American Vegetarian
      Congress in Ithaca, New York. Marcia Pearson was listed among the
      speakers at THE INTERNATIONAL VEGAN FESTIVAL which was held at San
      Diego State University, San Diego, California

      A New Jersey Veggie resource we hope you will take advantage of is:

      Subscribe: NJSingleVegetarians-subscribe@yahoogroups.com

      If you happen to be both Single and Jewish
      and over 21 you are invited to attend both
      or either
      of Two Jewish Singles Parties at the Veggie Heaven Chinese Kosher
      totally
      vegetarian restaurant in Parsippany, New Jersey. You need to be
      Jewish, single
      and over 21 to attend both or either of these Two Jewish Singles
      Parties at the
      Veggie Heaven Chinese Kosher totally vegetarian restaurant in
      Parsippany, New
      Jersey.

      The first Jewish Singles Party at the Veggie Heaven Chinese Kosher
      totally
      vegetarian restaurant in
      Parsippany, New Jersey will be held on Saturday Night,
      January 6th, 2007 c.e. at 6 p.m.

      The second Jewish Singles Party at the Veggie Heaven Chinese Kosher
      totally
      vegetarian restaurant in
      Parsippany, New Jersey will be held on Sunday, January 7th, 2007
      c.e. at 1 p.m.

      Both Jewish Singles Parties at the Veggie Heaven Chinese Kosher
      totally
      vegetarian restaurant in Parsippany, New Jersey are sponsored by the
      Jewish
      Singles groups listed below:

      You do not have to be a member of the Jewish Singles groups listed
      above to
      attend the Jewish Singles Parties. You do, however, have to be
      Jewish, Single,
      and over 21 to attend the parties and to join the Jewish Singles
      groups if you
      decide to join them.

      There is no charge ever to attend any of the events
      sponsored by by the Jewish Singles Groups listed below or to join or
      belong to
      the Jewish Singles Groups listed below:

      When we go to a restaurant, such as Veggie Heaven, you pay the
      restaurant
      directly for the food you order plus tax and tip.

      You never pay the Jewish Singles groups listed below anything at all
      for
      anything.

      We never charge anything for any of our events. We do not charge
      anything to
      join or to belong to our Jewish Singles groups.

      We do insist that you be Jewish, single, and over 21.
      If we get large turnouts at events we will try to ask people to sit
      at tables
      they feel comfortable sitting at, which usually works out to be
      grouped by
      people they feel comfortable sitting with.

      Veggie Heaven is a 100% non-smoking restaurant, is moderately
      priced,has brown
      rice, does not use MSG or animal products, is Kosher and totally
      vegetarian, has plenty of free parking and is easy to reach from
      nearby
      highways.

      Here are the directions to Veggie Heaven It is a Vegan Chinese
      Totally
      Vegetarian Kosher Restaurant. The restaurant is located in
      Parsippany, New
      Jersey at 1119 Route 46 East #8A Parsippany, New
      Jersey, in a shopping center which has plenty of parking and is near
      Route 80.
      The telephone numbers of the restaurant are 973 335-9876 and 973 263-
      8331 the
      zip code, if you are using Mapquest, is 07054.

      From the West (I-80)Take I-80 East and exit at the Lake
      Hiawatha/Whippany exit.
      Make a left at the light at the exit go past the entrance ramp which
      would put
      you back onto Route 80 going west and make a left turn into the
      shopping center.

      From the South (I-287) Take I-287 North to the exit for I-80
      eastbound
      From the North (I-287) Take I-287 South to the exit for I-80
      eastbound
      Look for the signs for the Lake Hiawatha/Whippany Exit. Make a left
      at the light
      at the exit go past the entrance ramp which would put you back onto
      Route 80
      going west and make a left turn into the shopping center.

      FROM THE GARDEN STATE PARKWAY TAKE EXIT 145 TO ROUTE 280 WEST THEN
      Take the NEW RD exit- exit number 1. 0.15 miles Keep RIGHT at the
      fork in the
      ramp. 0.07 miles Stay straight to go onto NEW RD. 0.63 miles Turn
      LEFT onto US-46 West.
      DRIVING WEST ON ROUTE 46 Continue for two traffic lights (second
      light is Parsippany-Troy Hills Shopping
      Center)which is at the INTERSECTION of Route 46 and Beverwyck Road AT
      WHICH YOU COULD TURN RIGHT TOWARDS LAKE HIAWATHA, INSTEAD OF TURNING
      RIGHT HOWEVER TURN LEFT AT THAT INTERSECTION ONTO SOUTH BEVERWYCK
      ROAD,THEN TURN RIGHT INTO THE SHOPPING CENTER ITSELF WHICH IS BEFORE
      THE WEST BOUND RAMP TO ANOTHER HIGHWAY DO NOT TURN RIGHT INTO THE
      BANK BUT TURN RIGHT BEYOND THE BANK AND INTO THE SHOPPING CENTER,
      VEGGIE HEAVEN IS NEAR THE HEALTH FOOD STORE AND IS IN THE MIDDLE OF
      THE SHOPPING CENTER, WHICH HAS PLENTY OF PARKING IF YOU GET LOST CALL
      THE RESTAURANT FOR DIRECTIONS IF YOU ARRIVE EARLY
      YOU MAY WISH TO DO SOME SHOPPING AT THE PATHMARK SUPERMARKET WHICH
      IS IN THE
      SAME SHOPPING CENTER.

      From Route 80 Westbound get off at Exit 47 which will take you onto
      Route 46 Westbound
      and proceed to the Parsippany-Troy Hills Shopping
      Center) which is at the INTERSECTION of Route 46 and Beverwyck Road
      AT
      WHICH YOU COULD TURN RIGHT TOWARDS LAKE HIAWATHA, INSTEAD OF TURNING
      RIGHT HOWEVER TURN LEFT AT THAT INTERSECTION ONTO SOUTH BEVERWYCK
      ROAD,THEN TURN RIGHT INTO THE SHOPPING CENTER ITSELF WHICH IS BEFORE
      THE WEST BOUND RAMP TO ANOTHER HIGHWAY DO NOT TURN RIGHT INTO THE
      BANK BUT TURN RIGHT BEYOND THE BANK AND INTO THE SHOPPING CENTER,
      VEGGIE HEAVEN IS NEAR THE HEALTH FOOD STORE AND IS IN THE MIDDLE OF
      THE SHOPPING CENTER, WHICH HAS PLENTY OF PARKING IF YOU GET LOST CALL
      THE RESTAURANT FOR DIRECTIONS

      The telephone numbers of the restaurant are 973 335-9876 and 973 263-
      8331 the
      zip code, if you are using Mapquest, is 07054. The
      restaurant is a non-smoking
      restaurant and moderately priced. The restaurant states that it does
      not use MSG and does not use any animal products at all. It is
      certified Kosher
      by United Kosher Supervision P.O. Box 317 Monsey, NY
      10952 Phone: (845) 352-1010 Fax: (845) 352-0316
      Rabbinic Administrator: Rabbi Yaakov Spivak

      Next, a glowing report on the Sunday December 3rd, 2006 c.e. Jewish
      Singles Chat
      for Jewish Singles which took place on Sunday December 3rd, 2006
      c.e. at 1 p.m.
      at Congregation B'nai Israel, 160 Millburn Avenue, Millburn, New
      Jersey
      07041 973-379-3811
      http://www.cbi-nj.org/

      There were over 50 people in attendance, which is a great turnout
      for an event
      of this kind, over fifty people in attendance. A quick head count
      also showed
      that there were about an equal number of men and women at the event.
      It was a
      win win situation for
      everyone of both genders.
      The next Jewish Singles Chat for Jewish Singles is scheduled for
      Sunday January
      14th 2007 c.e. at 1 p.m. at Congregation B'nai Israel, 160 Millburn
      Avenue,
      Millburn, New Jersey 07041 973-379-3811
      http://www.cbi-nj.org/

      Please note that this is a CHANGE OF DATE from the
      previously announced date for the Jewish Singles Chat for Jewish
      Singles at
      Congregation B'nai Israel, 160 Millburn Avenue, Millburn, New Jersey
      07041
      973-379-3811
      http://www.cbi-nj.org/

      The new date for the Jewish Singles Chat for Jewish Singles at
      Congregation
      B'nai Israel, 160 Millburn Avenue, Millburn, New Jersey 07041 973-
      379-3811
      is Sunday January 14th 2007 c.e. at 1 p.m.

      Do not miss the event. We will be there. You should too.The Star-
      Ledger Ticket
      Section, which comes out each Friday will no doubt list the event,
      as will many
      other newspapers, as they have
      for quite awhile.

      "MILLBURN, NEW JERSEY, SINGLES CHAT WITH LARRY, FOR JEWISH SINGLES
      AGES 40-60,
      Sunday January 14th, 2007 c.e. at 1 p.m. $5 Congregation B'nai
      Israel, 160
      Millburn Avenue, Millburn, New Jersey 07041 973-
      379-3811
      http://www.cbi-nj.org/

      The cost for the Jewish Singles Chat for
      Jewish Singles, sponsored by a group that we have no
      connection,with: is $5.

      You pay them if you go to it.

      You do not pay us.

      We assume that the low $5 cost for the event will be the same at the
      January
      14th, 2007 c.e. event as it was at the Jewish Singles Chat for
      Jewish Singles previous events.

      http://www.cbi-nj.org/find/find.htm
      "Finding Congregation B'nai Israel
      Congregation B'nai Israel is at 160 Millburn Avenue, Millburn, New
      Jersey,
      07041. Our office phone number is 973-379-3811.
      We are at the intersection of Millburn Avenue and Vauxhall Road.
      From downtown Millburn, approach the synagogue by heading East on
      Millburn Avenue (about 1 mile) and turn right into the first parking
      lot entrance just past the synagogue building. If you miss this
      entrance, there is a second parking lot entrance at the traffic
      light just beyond the first entrance. If you are coming from Route
      78 Westbound, take Exit 50B, Millburn. Turn right at the light at
      the end of the exit ramp onto Vauxhall Road. Follow the road
      less than 1 mile as it winds through a couple of lights and ends at
      a light at the T-intersection with Millburn Avenue. Staying in the
      left lane, turn left onto Millburn Ave, go straight through the
      light immediately in front of you at the first parking lot entrance
      and then turn left into the second parking lot entrance just before
      the synagogue. You can also get directions via Mapquest."

      We have no connection to the Jewish Singles Chat for Jewish Singles,
      or to its sponsors, but we will be going to it, and very highly
      recommend it to everyone who is Jewish and single, and within the
      age range that seems to have showed up last time for the Jewish
      Singles Chat for Jewish Singles, which seemed to be,
      roughly speaking, Baby Boomers, give or take a few years or so.

      Larry always gets a good turnout at his events, which he has been
      running for many years around New Jersey.

      You may recall some of those events which used to take place at
      Temple Beth Shalom 193 E Mount Pleasant Ave
      Livingston, NJ 07039 http://tbsnj.org/ for a number of years.

      The fact that this event will no doubt be in the Ticket Section of
      The Star-Ledger on the
      Friday preceding the event ,and no doubt other newspapers at well,
      will
      help to assure a great turnout. Be There!

      To Boldly Go Away From Your Computer And To Some of The Best Events
      in New
      Jersey

      The host group for the first event listed below is THE SCIENCE
      FICTION
      ASSOCIATION OF BERGEN COUNTY, NEW JERSEY PHONE: (201) 447- 3652
      http://www.sfabc.org/

      On Saturday Night January 13th,2007 c.e. at 6:30 p.m. the best
      possible event
      for everyone, and especially for single women, who often complain
      that there are
      too few single men at events they go to, is an event not advertised
      just for
      singles, that anyone,regardless of background, or marital status,
      can go to will
      be at the
      Saddle River Valley Cultural Center
      305 West Saddle River
      Upper Saddle River, New Jersey
      in Bergen County, New Jersey

      If it is your first time at the event the host group usually does
      not even
      charge you to go. Afterwards they usually charge you $2 per monthly
      meeting and
      ask that you join their group. The host group is
      THE SCIENCE FICTION ASSOCIATION OF BERGEN COUNTY, NEW JERSEY PHONE:
      (201) 447
      3652
      http://www.sfabc.org/

      The reason the event is the best possible event for single women is
      that most
      science fiction fans are men. In the parts of New Jersey where the
      science
      fiction clubs we know of operate there is also a
      very high percentage of Jewish residents.

      Many science fiction fans and science fiction writers and even
      science fiction
      stars, like Leonard Nimoy, (Mr. Spock), of Star Trek, and William
      Shatner
      (Captain Kirk), of Star Trek, also happen to be Jewish. Most science
      fiction
      fans I know are single men, and many of them, at least in places
      like New
      Jersey, are Jewish.

      Moreover the event sponsored by THE SCIENCE FICTION ASSOCIATION OF
      BERGEN
      COUNTY, New Jersey PHONE: (201) 447 3652
      http://www.sfabc.org/ is one in a long line of excellent events put
      on by that
      organizaton's founder, Phil, who can be reached at
      THE SCIENCE FICTION ASSOCIATION OF
      BERGEN COUNTY, New Jersey

      PHONE: (201) 447 3652
      http://www.sfabc.org
      Phil founded the group about 22 years ago and his group has been
      putting on
      fantastic events on the second Saturday night of each month ever
      since then.
      It's a tradition. The SFABC is NOT a singles group and is open to
      anyone
      regardless of background or marital status.

      ABOUT THE ASSOCIATION:

      The S F A B C meets on the second Saturday of the
      month and features talks, slide shows and other presentations by
      people in the
      science
      fiction, fantasy, horror and related fields. The
      Association sponsors a number of special interest groups, focusing
      on different
      aspects of science fiction and related matters,including activities
      devoted to books, movies, television, animation,
      horror and other events. We also produce a monthly newsletter
      listing talks,
      conventions, discussion groups and other activities of interest to
      people who enjoy science fiction and related areas. We
      invite you to contact us through our website:
      http://www.sfabc.org
      or call Phil at 201 447-3652 for details of his group's many
      wonderful events.

      THE STARSHIP LOCAL is a monthly newsletter of the
      Science Fiction Association of Bergen County. It is designed to
      communicate
      basic information about the activities of the organization to
      devotees of
      fantasy, horror and science fiction.
      We also publish a more extensive monthly newsletter,
      THE STARSHIP EXPRESS, for members of the organization.
      Directions to meeting site:
      Saddle River Valley Cultural Center
      305 West Saddle River
      Upper Saddle River
      Bergen County, New Jersey

      The Cultural Center is not a church even though its architecture
      closely
      resembles a classic little white church,steeple and all. The parking
      lot is not
      too large, but it's okay to use the much bigger lot of the Methodist
      Church
      diagonally across the street.

      Important Note: The Cultural Center is on WEST Saddle
      River Road. One block further over is EAST Saddle River Road. Unlike
      streets in
      New York, East does not turn into West. The roads are on opposite
      banks of the
      Saddle River which is nothing more than a
      stream at this point.

      FROM ROUTE 17 NORTHBOUND:
      Exit ROUTE 17 NORTH at the sign which reads SADDLE
      RIVER / WOODCLIFF
      LAKE. (This is the exit after Sheridan Avenue, Ho Ho
      Kus.) This exit puts you onto EAST ALLENDALE AVENUE heading East.
      Stay on road
      for about mile and turn left at the first traffic light onto WEST
      SADDLE RIVER ROAD. Drive north for 1-3/4 miles.
      Shortly after passing a brick Catholic Church, the Church of the
      Presentation,
      on
      your left hand side you cross into Upper Saddle River.
      The Cultural Center is on your left hand side. If you come to a
      traffic light
      you have slightly overshot and hit LAKE STREET. Note: You will see a
      sign marked
      WEST SADDLE RIVER ROAD on Route 17
      northbound well to the south of where you have been
      told to leave Route 17. If you take this exit, you will eventually
      get where you
      want
      to be, but it will take you a lot longer to get there.
      FROM ROUTE 17 SOUTHBOUND:
      Exit ROUTE 17 SOUTH at SADDLE RIVER / WOODCLIFF LAKE
      exit. This puts you onto EAST ALLENDALE ROAD heading East. You drive
      under the
      highway. Then follow the directions from Route 17 Northbound.
      Note: This way takes you a little bit longer than the
      exit for UPPER SADDLE RIVER, but it spares you making hairpin turns
      on steep
      hills at night in bad weather on an unfamiliar road.

      FROM THE GARDEN STATE PARKWAY NORTHBOUND:

      Take Exit 172, GRAND AVENUE, MONTVALE. (This is the
      last exit in
      New Jersey and is just past the Montvale Service
      Area). Turn left
      at the exit ramp and head west on GRAND AVENUE. There
      are a lot of
      small towns in this area, and the road that you're on
      will keep
      changing its name. At different points it is called
      GRAND AVENUE,
      MONTVALE ROAD, RAMSEY ROAD and LAKE STREET. At the
      second traffic
      light you will be at the intersection of LAKE STREET
      and EAST SADDLE
      RIVER ROAD. It has two landmarks that anyone in the
      area will know
      about: a 7-11 type store called Elmers and a Texaco
      station. Keep
      driving west. Do not turn. Turn left at the next
      traffic light onto
      WEST SADDLE RIVER ROAD. The Cultural Center is 1/10 of
      a mile down
      the road on your right.

      FROM ROCKLAND COUNTY VIA ROUTE 59:
      Follow ROUTE 59 until you come to Norris
      Pontiac in Monsey
      and turn south at the traffic light unto ROUTE 306.
      This road is
      also called EAST SADDLE RIVER ROAD. Head south towards
      New Jersey.
      (Note: Although the maps show this road as Route 306,
      and that's
      what everyone calls it, after you make the turn, the
      sign reads
      ROUTE 73. Don't ask me to explain it.) Stay on ROUTE
      306 for 2.3
      miles Note that there is a long stretch between the
      first and second
      traffic lights.
      Turn right at the second traffic light which
      is the
      intersection of EAST SADDLE RIVER ROAD and LAKE
      STREET. A Texaco
      station and Elmers are at this corner. Proceed west
      and turn left
      at the next traffic light onto WEST SADDLE RIVER ROAD.
      The Cultural
      Center is 1/10 of a mile down the road on your right.

      Science Fiction events are ideal venues for women who are tired of
      vastly
      outnumbering men at singles events to meet Jewish men, many of whom
      are single, because most science fiction events are much more
      heavily attended
      by men than by women, and many science fiction fans, especially in a
      heavily
      Jewish state like New Jersey, are also Jewish.

      The event mentioned above is a SCIENCE FICTION ASSOCIATON OF BERGEN
      COUNTY, NEW JERSEY http://www.sfabc.org
      call Phil at 201 447-3652 for details about the SCIENCE FICTION
      ASSOCIATON OF BERGEN COUNTY, NEW JERSEY http://www.sfabc.org and
      their many wonderful events.

      We also hope that you will join another New Jersey
      Science Fiction group which is called NEW_JERSEY_SCIENCE_FICTION_FANS

      There is no charge to join NEW_JERSEY_SCIENCE_FICTION_FANS

      or to belong to
      http://groups.yahoo.com/group/NEW_JERSEY_SCIENCE_FICTION_FANS/

      NEW_JERSEY_SCIENCE_FICTION_FANS

      or to attend any of its events. If you go to a restaurant you pay
      only for the
      food that you order plus tax and tip. You never pay
      NEW_JERSEY_SCIENCE_FICTION_FANS

      anything for any of its events.

      NEW_JERSEY_SCIENCE_FICTION_FANS

      Wants you! Our Science Fiction group is for everyone 21 or older
      regardless of
      background or marital status. Younger fans should find another group.
      Please introduce yourself when you join and
      periodically as new members keep joining. We plan to get together at
      restaurants
      and to go to movies. We will see them in movie theaters, and, if
      people are kind
      enough, on people's home VCRs, or DVD players, for the
      technologically advanced
      among us. Buy your own movie tickets. Buy your own meals at
      Restaurants.
      Hopefully a typical event would involve going to a Science Fiction
      Movie and
      then to a Restaurant to discuss the movie we just saw.

      Please also join the Science Fiction Association of Bergen County,
      New Jersey
      http://www.sfabc.org and attend their many wonderful events.
      or call Phil at 201 447-3652 for details of his group's many
      wonderful events.

      Are you a single Science Fiction fan looking for a soulmate? Perhaps
      you will
      find that person here. This club is not a New Jersey singles group
      per se, and
      is open to anyone over 21, regardless of background or marital
      status,
      nonetheless, love is a good thing.

      Many science fiction fans in New Jersey also happen to be Jewish.
      Most science
      fiction fans are male. For the single Jewish woman in New Jersey
      joining a
      science fiction group may be the ideal way to find her ideal man.
      Unlike most
      singles events, which tend to be attended by more women than men,
      most science
      fiction events are attended by more men than women.

      If you happen to be Jewish, Single and over 21
      Please state that you are Jewish, Single, 21 or over, when you apply
      to join the Jewish Singles Yahoo Groups at the websites the urls
      below will take you to

      Time to Post Your Introductions

      Even if you have previously posted an introduction please post
      another one from time to time as new members keep on joining.

      Please state that you are Jewish, Single, 21 or over, when you apply
      to join our Jewish Singles Yahoo Groups, and in your introductions,
      and when your reply to other posts at our Jewish Singles Yahoo
      Groups.

      Some helpful hints on introductions:

      Because our Jewish Singles Yahoo Groups strip out attachments please
      do not include attachments in your introductions. If a photo of you
      is available on the net please do include the url for that photo, if
      you are not shy about it. Another option would be to offer to email
      your photo in your introduction.

      Some Hints for email personal introductions are below. Please feel
      free to post your reactions to them and your own ideas.

      "likes fine dining", or words to that effect, are a total turnoff.
      They imply that you want to be taken out to eat, and that you are
      not serious about being a partner in a relationship of equals.

      Do not forget to note in your introductions whether you are a smoker
      or not. Non-smokers need to meet non-smokers. Do not waste the time
      of a non-smoker if you are a smoker. If you smoke, say so. If you
      are a non-smoker say so.
      Are you allergic to cats? If so, say so. Do you have a cat or cats?
      If so say so in your introductions. People who are allergic to cats
      will have no luck getting people who have cats to part with those
      cats. So do not waste time trying to build a relationship with a
      person who is allergic to cats if you are a cat lover or vice versa.

      How observant are you? Please say something about that in your
      introductions.
      Do you keep Kosher? Please say something about that in your
      introductions.
      Please state that you are Jewish, Single, 21 or over, when you apply
      to join our Jewish Singles Yahoo Groups, and in your introductions,
      and in
      your replies to other introductions, etc.

      The event below will be at the JCC, Jewish Community Center on the
      Palisades
      in Tenafly, New Jersey
      Singles 40-57

      Singles Schmooze on
      Sunday, January 21st at 6 p.m.
      Spend a casual evening getting to know other singles through
      discussions on various topics determined by the participants.
      Led by Jeff and Elaine
      $4 JCC members • $6 Nonmembers per session
      Directions to the JCC
      (Jewish Community Center) on the Palisades
      411 East Clinton Avenue Tenafly, NJ 07670 201 569 7900
      these directions were found at:
      http://www.jcconthepalisades.org/template.php?section=AD

      FROM GARDEN STATE PARKWAY NORTH
      Exit 161 to Route 4 East. Continue directions from Route 4.

      FROM GARDEN STATE PARKWAY SOUTH
      Exit 163 to Route 17 South to Route 4 East.
      FROM NEW JERSEY TURNPIKE
      Exit 18 to Route 46 East to Grand Avenue. Proceed North past Route 4
      and continue as described below (from Route 4).

      FROM I-80 EAST
      To Garden State Parkway North to Exit 161 and then to Route 4 East.
      FROM ROUTE 4
      Exit at Grand Avenue/Englewood. Follow Grand Avenue North about 1
      mile, where it
      becomes Engle Street. Continue on Engle Street past Englewood
      Hospital. 2nd
      Traffic light past hospital make right onto E. Clinton Avenue. JCC is
      approximately 1 mile on left.

      FROM NEW YORK CITY & LONG ISLAND
      Go over George Washington Bridge to Palisades Parkway North. Get off
      at Exit 1,
      Englewood Cliffs & Palisades Avenue. Make right and go to 1st light.
      At light
      make a right onto Route 9W No. At 4th light make a left onto E.
      Clinton Avenue.
      JCC is ¾ mile on right.

      FROM SOUTH OR WEST
      Take New Jersey Turnpike (95) No. or Route 80 East to Broad Ave.
      Exit. Bear
      right onto Broad Ave. toward Englewood. Broad Ave. will become Dana
      Place. Take
      Dana Place to end. Make right onto E. Palisades Ave. At 3rd block
      (on left) make
      left onto No. Woodland Street to end. Make right onto E. Clinton
      Avenue.
      JCC immediately on left.

      FROM NORTH
      Take Palisades Parkway South and get off at Exit 2. Make left off
      ramp onto
      Route 9W South. At 3rd light make right onto E. Clinton Avenue. JCC
      is ¾ mile on right.

      FROM TAPPAN ZEE BRIDGE
      To Exit 13 So. (Palisades Parkway So.) to Exit 2. Proceed as above
      from North.

      FROM CONNECTICUT (Stamford)
      Route I 95 So. to 287 West to Tappan Zee Bridge. Proceed as above.