Snake Petition

  • savethesnakes101
    Message 1 of 1 , Oct 28, 2006
      Hello:

      I was wondering if you would all take a moment to sign this petition
      to stop the illegal practice of surgically mutilating snakes into
      venomoids. Venomoids are venomous snakes that have been altered by
      surgery to make them non-venomous. This is done by having the
      snake's venom sacs completely removed, or by having the duct that
      leads the venom from the gland to the snake's fangs severed.

      This operation is totally inhumane to the snake! Most venomoids die
      months after the operation due to either complications or because
      the animal refuses to eat. Many snakes that are venomous use their
      venom as part of their natural digestive process (snakes don't chew
      there food, so the venom breaks the food down). Removing their
      ability to produce venom causes a handicap in there digestive
      process and can effect the snakes overall health

      It only takes a couples seconds. Snakes breathe air,feel pain,and
      bleed blood, just like other animals, and they do not deserve to be
      altered by way of surgery just so some people can keep them as
      captives.

      http://www.aussiereptileclassifieds.com/phpPETITION/

      The Snake Man - Matt Ellerbeck
      Http://www.savethesnakes101.tk