URGENT-NY SHELTER GASSING - "she put them in the tank over and over"

  • Monet Mazzola
    Message 1 of 1 , Jan 28, 2006
      Subject: URGENT! LI, NY SHELTER IS GASSING ANIMALS! CROSSPOST- EVERYONE NEEDS TO KNOW!

      YES, MANY OF US ON LONG ISLAND, NEW YORK WERE SHOCKED TO FIND A GASSING SHELTER IN EXISTENCE HERE. ESPECIALLY SINCE WE TAKE ANIMALS BEING PULLED FROM THE GAS CHAMBERS IN OTHER STATES! THIS DOES NOT SIT WELL WITH ANIMAL LOVERS/RESCUERS. AND IT SHOULD NOT SIT WELL WITH ANY ONE! PLEASE READ AND CROSSPOST EVERYWHERE- AND I DO MEAN EVERYWHERE!

      FREEPORT ANIMAL SHELTER CAUGHT IN ANIMAL CRUELTY SCANDAL
      PHONE & EMAIL SHELTER BOARD DEMANDING THAT CHERYL SALEM BE FIRED !

      The Long Island Humane and Dog Protective Association located at 2 Rider Place, Freeport, NY 11520 uses a carbon monoxide gas chamber to kill animals! It is a sad truth that until we unite to make this illegal in New York State, the use of CO gassing will legally continue. Current operations at the Freeport animal shelter employ a sort of cruelty that goes above and beyond the regular procedures regarding euthanasia. One chief of operations, Cheryl Salem has been observed using this chamber regularly and illegally.

      "Sometimes sick ones or the kittens and puppies wouldn't go down so she put them in the tank over and over." -Anonymous

      The Freeport Shelter is a small, privately owned nonprofit with a questionable financial history as reported by the BBB annual report on charitable organizations. It's had the same 4-6 board members for years, 3 are related. We need your help in advising the remaining board members that an immediate resignation or termination of Cheryl Salem is in the best interest of the animals.

      "I was young. She told me it was legal, but we started calling it bloody Sunday because she usually does it on Sundays but sometimes at nights too."
      Anonymous

      Here's what you can do:
      Call & Email these people asking them to:

      (1) Immediately prevent Cheryl Salem access to the shelter and arrange
      protection for the animals
      (2) Appoint someone humane with experience to temporarily run the shelter
      (3) Break down the gas chamber.

      Rory McEvoy, Board Of Director & Attorney
      work direct line: (212) 912-2787
      home: (212) 249-5413
      rmcevoy@...

      Lori Zimbalatti, Board of Director
      work switchboard: (781) 485-4500
      home: (617) 864-6052

      Millicent McEvoy, Board of Director
      home: (516) 565-1640

      Animal Defense League
      PO Box 1587
      Huntington, NY 11743
      ADL@...
      http://www.AnimalDefense.info
      http://www.InsideHLS.com

      .

      Joann Dimon
      jojo222@...
      http://www.akitarescuewny.com

      He is your friend, your partner, your defender, your dog. You are his life,
      his love, his leader. He will be yours, faithful and true, to the last beat of his heart. You owe it to him to be worthy of such devotion. (unknown)

      United states Animal cruelty Animal protection