Make Your City a Meatout City

  • Meatout 2005
    Message 1 of 1 , Feb 25 10:37 AM
      *****************************
      Make Your City a Meatout City!
      *****************************
      Meatout events have already been registered in 11 countries and 38
      states -- is yours one of them? Visit our Events Directory at
      http://www.meatout.org/events to find out what's going on in your area.
      See what activists in other communities are coming up with and see if
      you can apply the same ideas in your hometown. For additional
      suggestions, drop by our Action Center at http://www.meatout.org/action.

      There's still time to register your event to make sure your community is
      represented on the 20th Anniversary of Meatout. Registering
      (http://www.meatout.org/events/registration.htm) your event enables us
      to post your events on our website, inform activists and media in your
      area of your event, use our events directory to promote Meatout to
      national media, and send you an Event Pack with an official Meatout
      banner, color posters, handouts, stickers and more!

      Get Free Food Samples for Your Meatout Event!
      Each year, Meatout coordinates with manufacturers of plant-based meat
      alternatives to make food samples available for a number of grassroots
      events. Show your friends and neighbors how easy it is to kick the meat
      habit by providing a taste of compassionate, wholesome vegetarian food
      at your event! Visit our Working with Manufacturers page at
      http://www.meatout.org/action/manufacturers.php to make a request.

      This year's participating manufacturers include Amy's Kitchen, Annie's
      Homegrown, Dr. McDougall's Right Foods, Edward & Sons, Lumen Foods,
      Road's End Organics, Sunergia Soyfoods, and Turtle Island Foods.

      Thank you for caring,
      Frank J. Gomez and the Meatout 2005 Team

      PS: Be sure to visit our online store to get all your Meatout gear and
      accessories.

      **************
      About Meatout:
      **************

      Launched in 1985, The Great American Meatout has become the world's
      largest diet education campaign promoting a wholesome compassionate
      plant-based diet.

      On or around March 20--the first day of spring--thousands of caring
      people in all 50 US states and a host of other countries hold
      informative and educational Meatout events. Events will include colorful
      'lifestivals,' street theater, lectures, public dinners, cooking demos,
      food samplings, leafleting, information tables called 'steakouts,' and a
      Congressional Reception in Washington, DC.

      Please join us for our 20th Anniversary observance of Meatout and
      represent your city!

      FARM is a 501(c)(3) non-profit, public interest organization promoting
      meat-free and dairy-free foods for a healthy, well-fed world.

      10101 Ashburton Lane | Bethesda, MD 20817 | 1-800-MEATOUT