OT: Six Degrees from Columbine: Save the Ban on Assault Weapons

  • Rita Fazio
    Message 1 of 1 , Sep 9, 2004
      Rita Fazio <r.e.fazio@...> wrote: Rita Fazio supports Tom Mauser's petition to renew the Assault Weapons Ban and hopes you will too. Time is of the essence. The ban expires this summer, so please act now.

      Dear Friend:

      Five years ago my 15-year-old son Daniel Mauser was one of 13 people killed at Columbine High School by two students. One of them used an illegal assault weapon. This summer, AK-47s, UZIs, and TEC-DC9s, will be legal again unless we do something about it. In this day and age, nothing could be more insane.

      Click here: http://www.tomspetition.org/impact.php?uid=43f59ab890ddbcde9c87743d2302187b to experience the exciting and unprecedented new Internet technology we are using to grow an online petition. Join me in my effort to see how many millions of names I can collect to deliver to President Bush. We will change the course of this country and create a lasting legacy for my son.

      +++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

      This petition uses a new technology that allows you to see how many supporters you can reach through the power of "six degrees of separation." On your Personal Petition Page you can:

      1) Sign the Petition
      2) Check out an animated map of how it has spread step-by-step across America.
      3) Forward it to your friends to continue the chain.

      If each of us passes this message on to our friends and family this will be the fastest growing petition on the Internet ever! We will reach millions of people and force President Bush and Congress to extend the assault weapons ban.

      If the link to your Personal Petition Page did not work, please try copying the following link into your web browser:
      http://www.tomspetition.org/impact.php?uid=43f59ab890ddbcde9c87743d2302187b

      Thank you,
      Tom Mauser