LETTER: Feral Cats in Danger in Philadelphia

  • Rita Fazio
    Message 1 of 1 , Mar 31 9:29 PM
      Alert by FeralPlace@... (aol.com)

      SOURCE: http://www.peta-online.org/alert/automation/AlertItem.asp?id=685

      CONTACT:

      The Honorable John F. Street
      Mayor of Philadelphia
      Philadelphia City Hall, Rm. 215
      Philadelphia, PA 19107
      Tel.: 215-686-2181
      Fax: 215-686-2180
      E-Mail: mayor @ phila.gov (remove spaces) (phila.gov)

      Greg Grillone, Stadium Director
      Veterans Stadium
      Tel.: 215-685-1500 (press 2, then press 1)
      Fax: 215-463-2833
      E-Mail: greg.grillone @ phila.gov (remove spaces) (phila.gov)

      SAMPLE LETTER:

      mayor@... , greg.grillone@...

      Re: Veterans Stadium

      Dear Mayor Street & Mr. Grillone:

      The following letter accurately expresses my views regarding this issue.

      I am very concerned after learning that the city of Philadelphia is scheduled to implode Veterans Stadium sometime during the next year. It is reported that numerous feral cats are currently living in and underneath the stadium. These cats, reported to be in the hundreds, have been allowed to breed unchecked for many years.

      I urge you to coordinate an effort to humanely trap and transport the cats to a responsible agency prior to demolition. Imploding the stadium with the cats still in and around the area is cruelty to animals and will cause a public relations nightmare for the city.

      Please keep me updated regarding the fate of the cats. Thank you in advance for your time and consideration.

      Sincerely,