[Discuss Animal Rights] Re: Sunday Mail (Glasgow): Prince And Camilla Bid To Bag A Deer

    Message 1 of 10 , Oct 31, 2002
      Yeah! Welcome to Serena. Watch your back girl, these "humanitarian"
      types can get grumpier than a crock with Steve Erwin attached to it's
      hiney.

      --- In discussanimalrights@y..., "fairydoll_17" <fairydoll_17@y...>
      wrote:
      > Kinder because wild animals live a free life
      > Kinder because they don't spend a second in a cage
      > Kinder because they don't have to watch friends killed one by one
      > before them, knowing their next, and there's no escape
      >
      > Hunting is more humane than factory farming!
      >
      > Serena
      >
      > --- In discussanimalrights@y..., Colleen Klaum <wildfawn1@y...>
      wrote:

      > > How can you even use the word kinder? I have heard it all now,
      and
      > from a fairydoll yet, lol.
      > > *Colleen* (Catwoman)
      > >
      > > fairydoll_17 <fairydoll_17@y...> wrote:So they like to
      hunt....so
      > what? It says in the article the animal
      > > will be eaten, so it won't be killed for nothing. Hunting is a
      > 100%
      > > natural thing to do! Humans are designed to eat meat. Would you
      > > rather they buy meat from a factory farm? Hunting is so much
      > kinder
      > > on the animals.
      > >
      > > Serena
      > >
      > > --- In discussanimalrights@y..., Colleen Klaum <wildfawn1@y...>

      April.
      > > They left
      > > > on Thursday to carry out official engagements and will not be
      > back
      > > until
      > > > January.
      > > >
      > > > A royal insider said: "They can't wait to get back to Birkhall.
      > It
      > > really is
      > > > their favourite place.
      > > >
      > > > "They wanted to get up before the end of the stag season.
      Charles
      > > > particularly loves stalking and Camilla is well known for her
      > love
      > > of
      > > > hunting too.
      > > >
      > > > "I don't know if they bagged a stag, but I would be surprised
      if
      > > they
      > > > didn't. There are enough of them at Balmoral."
      > > >
      > > > Animal rights activists claim healthy deer are being killed to
      > > provide
      > > > venison for Sainsbury's, under a deal brokered by Charles.
      > > Normally, older
      > > > deer are shot to stop them starving in winter.
      > > >
      > > > Les Ward, director of Advocates for Animals, Edinburgh, said
      last
      > > night: "In
      > > > my opinion, taking the life of any animal for sport and
      pleasure
      > is
      > > > unacceptable, as is Prince Charles' dash to Scotland.
      > > >
      > > > "He is not shooting these animals for control measures and many
      > > people would
      > > > disagree with what he is doing."
      > > >
      > > > But Nick Reiter, director of the Deer Commission for Scotland,
      > said
      > > stalking
      > > > at Balmoral was "still regarded as an important activity there"
      > and
      > > the
      > > > price of wild venison had remained low for years.
      > > >
      > > > A spokeswoman for the prince would not reveal if his stag hunt
      > was a
      > > > success.
      > > >
      > > > She added: "The prince spent his time privately. He also had
      > > meetings with
      > > > various charities and organisations and worked on papers."
      > > >
      > > > Billy Tallon, the Queen Mother's favourite servant, has also
      > > finished his
      > > > holiday at Balmoral as a guest of Prince Charles.
      > > >
      > > > "Backstairs Billy," 66, was recently found drunk in a gutter
      > after
      > > a society
      > > > party.
      > > >
      > > > The spokeswoman said: "Billy enjoyed his stay and he seems
      fine."

      > > > "Live in peace with the animals. Animals bring love to our
      > hearts,
      > > and warmth to our souls."
      > > >
      > > > Colleen Klaum
      > > >
      > > > "He who is cruel to animals becomes hard also in his dealings
      > with
      > > men. We can judge the heart of a man by his treatment of
      animals."
      > > Immanuel Kant

      > > Yahoo! Groups SponsorADVERTISEMENT

      > Service.
      > >

      > > "Live in peace with the animals. Animals bring love to our
      hearts,
      > and warmth to our souls."
      > >
      > > Colleen Klaum
      > >
      > > "He who is cruel to animals becomes hard also in his dealings
      with
      > men. We can judge the heart of a man by his treatment of animals."
      > Immanuel Kant

    • fairydoll_17
      Message 2 of 10 , Nov 1, 2002
        So? It's called the circle of life. Accept it. Or don't eat animals
        and shut up about it.

      • Colleen Klaum
        Message 3 of 10 , Nov 1, 2002
          Hmmmmmm, such an attitude already, would you like a burger? LOL
          *Colleen* (Catwoman)

          fairydoll_17 <fairydoll_17@...> wrote:So? It's called the circle of life. Accept it. Or don't eat animals

          Message 4 of 10 , Nov 2, 2002
            I'm still waiting for your reasoning of why people shouldn't eat
            meat. It's perfectly natural.

            Serena
            --- In discussanimalrights@y..., Colleen Klaum <wildfawn1@y...> wrote:

            > Hmmmmmm, such an attitude already, would you like a burger? LOL
            > *Colleen* (Catwoman)
            >
            > fairydoll_17 <fairydoll_17@y...> wrote:So? It's called the circle
            of life. Accept it. Or don't eat animals
            > and shut up about it.
            >
            > Serena
            > --- In discussanimalrights@y..., Colleen Klaum <wildfawn1@y...>
            wrote:

            > > I understand that, but animals are still being killed!!
            > > *Colleen* (Catwoman)
            > >
            > > fairydoll_17 <fairydoll_17@y...> wrote:Kinder because wild
            animals
            > live a free life
            > > Kinder because they don't spend a second in a cage
            > > Kinder because they don't have to watch friends killed one by one
            > > before them, knowing their next, and there's no escape
            > >
            > > Hunting is more humane than factory farming!
            > >
            > > Serena
            > >
            > > --- In discussanimalrights@y..., Colleen Klaum <wildfawn1@y...>
            > wrote:
            > > >
            > > > How can you even use the word kinder? I have heard it all now,
            > and
            > > from a fairydoll yet, lol.
            > > > *Colleen* (Catwoman)
            > > >
            > > > fairydoll_17 <fairydoll_17@y...> wrote:So they like to
            > hunt....so
            > > what? It says in the article the animal
            > > > will be eaten, so it won't be killed for nothing. Hunting is a
            > > 100%
            > > > natural thing to do! Humans are designed to eat meat. Would
            you
            > > > rather they buy meat from a factory farm? Hunting is so much
            > > kinder
            > > > on the animals.
            > > >
            > > > Serena
            > > >
            > > > --- In discussanimalrights@y..., Colleen Klaum <wildfawn1@y...>

            Service.

            Message 5 of 10 , Nov 2, 2002
              Like I stated before, it's your choice.
              *Colleen* (Catwoman)

              fairydoll_17 <fairydoll_17@...> wrote:I'm still waiting for your reasoning of why people shouldn't eat
              meat. It's perfectly natural.

              Serena
              --- In discussanimalrights@y..., Colleen Klaum <wildfawn1@y...> wrote:

              > Hmmmmmm, such an attitude already, would you like a burger? LOL
              > *Colleen* (Catwoman)
              >
              > fairydoll_17 <fairydoll_17@y...> wrote:So? It's called the circle
              of life. Accept it. Or don't eat animals
              > and shut up about it.
              >
              > Serena
              > --- In discussanimalrights@y..., Colleen Klaum <wildfawn1@y...>
              wrote:

              > > I understand that, but animals are still being killed!!
              > > *Colleen* (Catwoman)
              > >
              > > fairydoll_17 <fairydoll_17@y...> wrote:Kinder because wild
              animals
              > live a free life
              > > Kinder because they don't spend a second in a cage
              > > Kinder because they don't have to watch friends killed one by one
              > > before them, knowing their next, and there's no escape
              > >
              > > Hunting is more humane than factory farming!
              > >
              > > Serena
              > >
              > > --- In discussanimalrights@y..., Colleen Klaum <wildfawn1@y...>
              > wrote:
              > > >
              > > > How can you even use the word kinder? I have heard it all now,
              > and
              > > from a fairydoll yet, lol.
              > > > *Colleen* (Catwoman)
              > > >
              > > > fairydoll_17 <fairydoll_17@y...> wrote:So they like to
              > hunt....so
              > > what? It says in the article the animal
              > > > will be eaten, so it won't be killed for nothing. Hunting is a
              > > 100%
              > > > natural thing to do! Humans are designed to eat meat. Would
              you
              > > > rather they buy meat from a factory farm? Hunting is so much
              > > kinder
              > > > on the animals.
              > > >
              > > > Serena
              > > >
              > > > --- In discussanimalrights@y..., Colleen Klaum <wildfawn1@y...>