Re: [Discuss Animal Rights] Digest Number 105

  • Animals Rescue Association EL VAGABUNDO
    Message 1 of 3 , Aug 30, 2002
      > Message: 3
      > Date: Thu, 29 Aug 2002 21:54:59 -0000
      > From: chcoa
      > Subject: Re: PETITION: Stop the ivory trade
      >
      > Do you really think your little wimpy petition is going to stop the
      > ivory trade. Talk about a waist of time. Good God people get a
      > clue.
      >

      > --- In discussanimalrights@y..., "purrrrrshia" <wildfawn1@y...> wrote:
      >>

      >> Petition:
      >> http://www.bornfree.org.uk/elefriends/petition.htm

      I think is no matter if this petition does stop ivory, we are here 4
      something, so lets do something, who wants can sign is free and choice is
      yours. I personally did sign a lot of petitions that was simple wasting of
      time like u says, but I did. This is giving a power to all of us and we
      should sign petitions. There is lot of stupid polls on the net like those
      on CNN or similar pages they have nothing with animal defence but once I'm
      are there I vote. if not what else we can do? And sometimes just sometimes
      those petitions works, but if every one says "I'm not signing because no
      one haze" - this is the way how we loss all combats

      Animal Rescue Association
      www.elvagabundo.org
      Forum @ http://www.elvagabundo.org/forum.htm
      contact:
      email: catdog@...
      ICQ: 69407968
      Asociacion al Rescate de los Animales "el vagabundo" No.14206 -Registro
      General de Asociaciones Castilla de la Mancha Toledo
      C.I.F. G-45513785
    • Colleen Klaum
      Message 2 of 3 , Aug 30, 2002
        Well said.
        *Colleen* (Catwoman)

        Animals Rescue Association EL VAGABUNDO wrote:
        > Message: 3
        > Date: Thu, 29 Aug 2002 21:54:59 -0000
        > From: chcoa
        > Subject: Re: PETITION: Stop the ivory trade
        >
        > Do you really think your little wimpy petition is going to stop the
        > ivory trade. Talk about a waist of time. Good God people get a
        > clue.
        >

        > --- In discussanimalrights@y..., "purrrrrshia" wrote:
        >>

        >> Petition:
        >> http://www.bornfree.org.uk/elefriends/petition.htm

        I think is no matter if this petition does stop ivory, we are here 4
        something, so lets do something, who wants can sign is free and choice is
        yours. I personally did sign a lot of petitions that was simple wasting of
        time like u says, but I did. This is giving a power to all of us and we
        should sign petitions. There is lot of stupid polls on the net like those
        on CNN or similar pages they have nothing with animal defence but once I'm
        are there I vote. if not what else we can do? And sometimes just sometimes
        those petitions works, but if every one says "I'm not signing because no
        one haze" - this is the way how we loss all combats

        Animal Rescue Association
        www.elvagabundo.org
        Forum @ http://www.elvagabundo.org/forum.htm
        contact:
        email: catdog@...
        ICQ: 69407968

        Colleen Klaum

        Message 3 of 3 , Sep 4, 2002
          I wasn't refering to all petitions with my comment, just the ivory
          trade one. I think there are some things which can be influenced by
          the voice of the people and other things which need to be addressed
          at their source. The ivory trade is far too large of an issue to be
          solved by a simple piece of paper or an out cry from a small but
          compationate group.

          --- In discussanimalrights@y..., "Animals Rescue Association EL