Chcoa...answering your real question

  • pommawolf
    Message 1 of 5 , Mar 19 3:45 PM
      --- In discussanimalrights@y..., bluemax49th wrote:
      > Iggy,<br> You throw around alot of accusations
      > with absolutely no explanations. Exactly how is my
      > faith horrific, and destructive? I fail to see how by
      > seeking grace in God's eyes we are being horrible
      > monsters. Besides, you have 2500 lesser dieties to worship,
      > how can you have anything to say about our right to
      > worship the one true God?<br><br> The Blue Max
      AND:

      >>Before we discuss if animals have souls
      or whether we have souls, I ask you what
      characteristics do we expect in a creature with a soul which
      would be absent in a creature without one? <br>It's not
      so much the characteristics as it is how does the
      soul come into the body. The bible states, we are made
      from the breath of God. EVerything else was put into
      existance by the word of God. Anything man made can't have
      a soul. It is not of God. Again, you would really
      have to have faith at this point to believe in
      anything regarding souls. If you do not, then one could
      argue that a machine could have a
      soul.<br><br>>>But why interpret it(the Bible) to suit
      you.<br>Someone who truely has faith is not interpreting the
      Bible to suit themselves. They are interpreting it so
      they can learn the word of God and try to follow it.
      On a side note, i think this is were so many who try
      to follow His word go wrong. They don't have faith,
      they are just looking for justification for their life
      from some higher source.

      Choa,
      I have been trying to catch up on previous post, and that means going
      back for awhile to find the
      origins of original threads
      I believed you when you asked me about the Native American
      perspective I had thought you had
      an honest interest. But by going back and reading all the post I
      missed, and how you responded
      to others, and specifically the patting on the back of each other
      (you and Blue Max) when you
      verbally lam blasted others over the "God/Religious" issue, I became
      curious as to why your real
      interest. Was I surprised as to what I discovered.

      QUOTED POST:

      ">>Before we discuss if animals have souls
      or whether we have souls, I ask you what
      characteristics do we expect in a creature with a soul which
      would be absent in a creature without one? <br>It's not
      so much the characteristics as it is how does the
      soul come into the body. The bible states, we are made
      from the breath of God. EVerything else was put into
      existence by the word of God. Anything man made can't have
      -----
      In discussanimalrights@y..., bluemax49th wrote:
      > Iggy,<br> You throw around a lot of accusations
      > with absolutely no explanations. Exactly how is my
      > faith horrific, and destructive? I fail to see how by
      > seeking grace in God's eyes we are being horrible
      > monsters. Besides, you have 2500 lesser dieties to worship,
      > how can you have anything to say about our right to
      > worship the one true God?<br><br> The Blue Max

      .
      Trying to find out why individuals have such open hostility
      toward those who are trying
      to preserve the endangered species, and the rights of animals to
      exist in relative peace. Also
      trying to find out why people have such a negative perspective
      towards those that care about an
      animals right to exist.
      Frankly I'm shocked to say the least at the presumption that those of
      us who care about animals
      are looked at as if we are "Godless". Your assumption that other
      religions are the wrong religion,
      or that they lack acceptance in "God's" eyes. Very presumptious that
      your God is somehow
      different than anyone else.
      Open hostility seems to be the mode of attack, questioning everything
      from morals, patriotism
      and whose "God" is the right "God".
      Calling people idiots, morons, and labeling (AR's) those of us that
      care about all the other
      species that exist upon this planet with we mere humans is about the
      most judgmental self
      righteous attitude conceived.
      I do know that my "God" is not a vengeful one. He does not need some
      human animal to pound
      anyone over the head with a hammer with harsh judgmental statements,
      nor does he need a
      human animal to presume to speak for him either. It's all a matter of
      perception, and I for one
      don't want to be the one presuming to read his mind nor his intent.
      But I do know this. I know that the human animal wasn't meant to
      slaughter one species after
      another into extinction to promote self indulgence and arrogance. Nor
      would I presume to in to
      be interpreting that it was his intent to exploit the animal world
      for our own survival above all
      cost.
      If we are supposed to be the more "intelligent" of the species, then
      we haven't invested in our
      future survival. Instead we have remained arrogant enough through
      history to continue to make
      the same mistakes, and not learn from our past history.
      So pound at me if you will, and if it pleases you greatly, by all
      means keep pounding others over
      the head with your apparently own "God" in self righteousness. I for
      one know my mission and
      life's work. It is to save and preserve what little we have left for
      the future. I don't bash your
      God, nor your religion, and I had hoped that you weren't going to
      either chcoa.
      I do know that we were intended to live in relative coexistence and
      harmony, learning to live
      together in equal acceptance of each other.
      Oh, and by the way. I do have faith, and believe me when I say
      this.....my God is not your God

      Pommawolf
    • prafulhebbar
      Message 2 of 5 , Mar 21 8:19 AM
        I couldnt resist making a comment on this.
        "Oh, and by the way. I do have faith, and believe me when I say
        this.....my God is not your God"
        Remember the problems in defining anything and how it rests on our
        implicit awarness of "I". The problem arises from having to
        distinguish between I and things that are not me. If God has an
        individual ego, ie if he is not everything and considers himself
        different from something, he will have the same problems of existence.
        They say the truth cannot be expressed, it is beyond words, it can
        only be experienced.

        Message 3 of 5 , Mar 22 9:23 PM
          Hi P-wolf,

          >I believed you when you asked me about the Native American
          > perspective I had thought you had
          > an honest interest. But by going back and reading all the post I
          > missed, and how you responded
          > to others, and specifically the patting on the back of each other
          > (you and Blue Max) when you
          > verbally lam blasted others over the "God/Religious" issue, I
          became curious as to why your real interest. Was I surprised as to
          what I discovered.

          I'm not sure what you discovered from reading past posts, however,
          let me assure you, my interest in your N.A. perspective was genuine.
          I have found all of what you have written in the last few post to be
          very interesting.
          Perhaps it would be helpful for you to go back furthur in the posts
          and read how Blue and I have been "verbally blasted" for the mear
          mention of God in any of our posts. We haven't been given any
          respect regarding our possible relious views on any of the subjects
          discussed here. In fact, if I recall, the first replies I received
          when I joined due to a mentioning of God, were very unfriendly.
          Things like, leave God out of this, Don't mention God here, if you
          believe in the bible then there is no way to logically discuss
          anything with your further, etc...
          -----------------------------

          >Trying to find out why individuals have such open hostility
          > toward those who are trying to preserve the endangered species, and
          the rights of animals to exist in relative peace. Also
          > trying to find out why people have such a negative perspective
          > towards those that care about an animals right to exist.
          ------------------------
          I'm on this site for that reason. To find out ways to help preserve
          animals, and to gather info. from a group of people who I hoped would
          have a simular outlook on the animal welfare cause. However, since I
          am a meat eater, other than Blue and few others, I have been met with
          open hostility since day one on this site also.
          ---------------------------

          > Your assumption that other religions are the wrong religion,
          > or that they lack acceptance in "God's" eyes. Very presumptious
          that your God is somehow different than anyone else.
          > Oh, and by the way. I do have faith, and believe me when I say
          > this.....my God is not your God

          I have never said one religion is wrong in comparion to another. I
          have also never stated what, if any religion I believe. I think
          there has been alot of ass-umption by many becuase I have engaged in
          discussion about the bible, souls, etc... However much of what is
          said here may not be what people truely believe and or who they
          really are. This is a discussion group. We are throwing ideas at
          each other to gather insight. I do believe in a higher power (God if
          you will) but would never presume Him to be better or the same as
          anyone elses here. I don't know any of you on a personal level so
          could never know whether we believe the same or not. To each his
          own. Another great thing about America, freedom of religion!

          To quote you, "All Mother Earth's Creatures are gift to appreciate,
          use and not to abuse and overly use.
          The Native American culture takes only what it needs, utilizes all
          the animal parts. They give thanks to the Mother for the gifts she
          has offered by NOT taking more than they used, not over hunting, over
          fishing, nor abusing Mother Earth."
          This is why I asked you about your N.A. perspective. This is the
          concept I wish all man kind could live by. There are many on this
          site, however, who will disagree with the "use", "hunt", and "fish"
          part of your statement. It's too bad, I think this statement is
          exactly what it means to live in harmony with the earth.
        • pommawolf
          Message 4 of 5 , Apr 23, 2002
            --- In discussanimalrights@y..., prafulhebbar <no_reply@y...> wrote:
> [...]
            through
            > > history to continue to make
            > > the same mistakes, and not learn from our past history.
            > > So pound at me if you will, and if it pleases you greatly, by all
            > > means keep pounding others over
            > > the head with your apparently own "God" in self righteousness. I
            > for
            > > one know my mission and
            > > life's work. It is to save and preserve what little we have left
            for
            > > the future. I don't bash your
            > > God, nor your religion, and I had hoped that you weren't going to
            > > either chcoa.
            > > I do know that we were intended to live in relative coexistence
            and
            > > harmony, learning to live
            > > together in equal acceptance of each other.
            > > Oh, and by the way. I do have faith, and believe me when I say

            Ah,
            But you see? In the Native Ameriacan cultures, we believe that ALL
            things do have souls, spirits so to speak. It's called Manatou. It
            has a living essence. God creates man, and creates as well...right?
            It's called the cirlcle of life for a reason and a purpose. One life
            connected to another...thus a circle of life.
            Also, to assume that your statement has any merit;

            "Anything man made can't have
            > > a soul. It is not of God. Again, you would really
            > > have to have faith at this point to believe in
            > > anything regarding souls. If you do not, then one could
            > > argue that a machine could have a
            > > soul.<br><br>>>But why interpret it(the Bible) to suit
            > > you.<br>Someone who truely has faith is not interpreting the
            > > Bible to suit themselves. They are interpreting it so
            > > they can learn the word of God and try to follow it.
            > > On a side note, i think this is were so many who try
            > > to follow His word go wrong. They don't have faith,
            > > they are just looking for justification for their life
            > > from some higher source.

            You also thrash others faith in that sweeping burst of words. Who are
            you to determine who it is that "goes wrong", and who doesn't? You
            make yourself judge, jury, and executioner. What gives you that
            right? YOUR intrepretation of the BIBLE? I hardly think so. Leave
            that determination up to God. Thats the exact reason not to make
            judgements against another faith stating that it's your faith alone,
            and what you believe is the only way......*s* Thats what breaks down
            the communication between other faiths. Grasping is exactly what you
            are doing. who are you to assume that others "go wrong"? did God give
            you the right to determine that fact?
            Pommawolf

          • pommawolf
            Message 5 of 5 , Apr 23, 2002
              --- In discussanimalrights@y..., chcoa <no_reply@y...> wrote:
> [...]
              > could never know whether we believe the same or not. To each his
              > own. Another great thing about America, freedom of religion!
              >
              > To quote you, "All Mother Earth's Creatures are gift to appreciate,
              > use and not to abuse and overly use.
              > The Native American culture takes only what it needs, utilizes all
              > the animal parts. They give thanks to the Mother for the gifts she
              > has offered by NOT taking more than they used, not over hunting,
              over
              > fishing, nor abusing Mother Earth."
              > This is why I asked you about your N.A. perspective. This is the
              > concept I wish all man kind could live by. There are many on this
              > site, however, who will disagree with the "use", "hunt", and "fish"
              > part of your statement. It's too bad, I think this statement is
              > exactly what it means to live in harmony with the earth.

              Sarcasm has its limitatons, and it does lead to misunderstandings.
              But after the recent personal attacks over recent years, especially
              when we are living in the 2002, you'd think people would learn more
              tolerance.
              Frankly, I've been surprised through all years that most pople can't
              pull their head out of their mentality of thought that we need to
              isolate ourselves from each other because we all have different
              faiths.
              I constantly ask myself; "Whats the matter with these people? Are
              they dense, or so full of self absorption that they can't see the
              forest through the trees? Why do they spend so much valuable energy
              attacking each other when they can use the exact same energy together
              to create change?"
              I don't know. I honestly think that people thrive on bickering
              because it brings them pleasure. They are warped, and just don't know
              how to live another way of life. It's frustrating at
              times....but..life goes on.......*s*

              Pommawolf