Re: cosmetic surgery

  • imderanged5402
    Message 1 of 3358 , Nov 15, 2001
      Not all tail docking is "cosmetic" in the sheep
      industry lambs tails are docked too keep the tail area
      clean of manure, and fly infestations. <br><br>Chris
      specifically tail docking done for example show dogs, not
      anything done for medical reasons.thats why I said
      COSMETIC surgury. I dunno too much about sheep and their
      tails so I won't debate whether thats a 'medical'
      reason or not. What I was talking about was just cuting
      off tails & parts of ears for astetic reasons, and
      declawing pet cats. I just wondered what peoples opinions
      on that were, since I know there are alot of people
      who have these things done to their pets and don't
      concider it a moral issue, and alot of vets that do these
      surgeries every day, but there is also a growing number of
      people agianst this practice, and more and more vets
      refusing to do these kinds of surgeries.
      Message 3358 of 3358 , Apr 6, 2002