Re: Rights

  • mklawt22
    Message 1 of 3358 , Nov 3, 1999
      I have addressed some of your comments. Please
      explain to me how reciprocity is required, I don't see
      how this is true even when just considering humans
      alone. Also when you say rule, please clarify what you
      mean by rule-a law? Isn't this a mere game of
      semantics? <br><br>If I say that a child has the right to be
      free from abuse, most would agree with this. How is
      this not also a right of a canine that is protected,
      to a different degree, from the same crime. Also, in
      a far away land where, lets say, there is no law
      against abuse of children, I would still say that those
      children have the right to be free from abuse, even if
      there is no law that states this. ---Please note this
      is not even close to an argument for animal rights,
      but I want to move past this semantic game. Frankly
      I'm sick of the same old comments about animals and
      rights that are just semantic games. <br> "How can an
      animal have a right it doesn't know or understand."<br>
      If you want to talk about Peta Pamphlets then be
      sure to bring up the repetitive garbage brought up by
      your side that is logically flawed and obviously not
      thought out. I can tell you are samrter then this because
      you know its an illogical argument and haven't
      brought this grand ol argument up.
      Message 3358 of 3358 , Apr 6 8:45 AM