Re: Thank goodness for PETA

  • rachael4president
    Message 1 of 3358 , Jan 14, 2001
      I agree that there are entirely too many dogs and
      cats in this country, as evidenced by the abuse that
      so many get. However, I have read direct quotes from
      PETA stating that they want to end all companion
      animals, not by killing them or letting them loose, but
      just the popularity dying out. That means that PETA
      doesn't want people to keep pets, ANY pets. I have also
      read direct quotes from PETA saying that they support
      the euthanization of American Stadfordshire Terriers
      (pit bulls to some) in humane societies because these
      animals, according to PETA, aren't good pets and do more
      harm than good. People for the ethical treatment of
      animals is a good idea, but in reality these people are
      very wrong in thier tactics of forcing people to
      believe how they believe.<br>I am trying to find where I
      read these quotes at, that's why it's taken me so long
      to reply, but I'll find them and post them
      soon.<br><br>Rachael
      Message 3358 of 3358 , Apr 6, 2002