Oncology

  • mklawt22
    Message 1 of 3358 , Nov 1, 1999
      Being in the Mol Biology/Oncology dept I can say
      without a doubt to the lay scientists in this room that
      meat/ dairy products are linked so stronly to heart
      disease, cancer, and obesity, that I don't understand
      where the debate lies. I could ramble on about how,
      biochemically, animal protiens put a strain on the metabolic
      system over an extended period of time, but I won't. I
      will say though that this issue of animal rights time
      has come. I hear more and more about it on the news,
      and I see a larger number of young people joining the
      cause. Just like every other social change in history,
      there will be those pulling the rope of social
      advancement the wrong way, but over time they have always
      lost. Just ask yourself this, if you were a farm
      animal, would you want to be confined your entire life
      only to be killed and eaten? I ask you what right we
      have to produce and hold huge amounts of animals
      against their will and kill them? Most say this is our
      right because we have always hunted animals (even
      though not one person in this room could catch and kill
      an animal like a true predotor). Well I think early
      humans also raped women often, but I don't think this is
      a justification for the action. If animals don't
      have rights then you don't have rights, humans are the
      youngest species of animals. And if animals don't have
      rights, then beat up a dog if you want, no one should be
      able to stop you, animals have no rights. The truth is
      the Anti-AR people in this room only extend rights to
      animals that they choose to.
      Message 3358 of 3358 , Apr 6 8:45 AM