Re: NEW MEMBER

  • HeathcliffIam
    Message 1 of 3358 , Oct 1, 2000
      The reasons why I won't join PeTA include but are
      not limited to the following:<br><br>*I'd rather
      donate money/time to a local shelter where I can see my
      resources put in action. If I suspect fraud, it's easier to
      report if the organization is close.<br><br>*I read that
      PeTA only uses around .10 of every $1.00 they get to
      help animals directly.<br><br>*PeTA's campaigns are
      generally over-the-top. Got Beer? wasn't the smartest thing
      and the whole Jesus was a Veg campaign doesn't
      exactly make for good theology. And as for the Giuliani
      Prostate Cancer ads, I would say those were downright rude
      and distatsteful.<br><br>*PeTA's members often give
      open-minded, tolerant vegetarians/vegans a bad name. I get bad
      reactions from people in my part of the country because,
      sadly, I live in the Bible Belt and the Beef Belt and
      ranchers around here think Vegetarian automatically equals
      pushy PeTA member who'll throw paintballs at women in
      fur coats and scream obscenities at restaurant goers
      who eat steak.<br><br>Sara
      Message 3358 of 3358 , Apr 6, 2002