I am looking for videos that deal with disability subjects

  • dianeaustin12
    Message 1 of 2 , Mar 26, 2005
      Hello to all. We are looking for videos that deal with disability
      subjects and situations to show on our web site. Some of the videos
      we are now showing are...

      A blind runner in the New York City Marathon.
      A wheelchair comic.
      Adventure travel for the physically challenged.
      An organization that offers people with disabilities a free ride in a
      glider.
      A video game interface system that enables people living with a wide
      range of disabilities to play video games at full speed with one
      touch of a button.
      Would you be able to evacuate your city during an emergency?
      How easy sailing is for people with disabilities.
      Running after a heart transplant.
      Plus many more.

      We are looking for ANYTHING. Your video can be self shot. Please
      contact us at http://upwd.net or upwd@... if you have something.

      Thanks,
      United People With Disabilities
      Message 2 of 2 , Mar 26, 2005
        Thank you for request for tokens. disability subjects or disability
        objects? 'the physically challenged' yuck!

        Diane have you been able to read about the social model of disability
        and impairment?

        Would you represent non-disabled women or black people this way?

        Keith

        --- In disabilitystudies@yahoogroups.com, "dianeaustin12"