Boston Crash Space needed for woman in a wheelchair and PCA for Thursday

  • cripactivist
    Message 1 of 2 , Nov 9, 2004
      Dear All,

      I live in Western, MA and I am going to a conference in Maine and
      other in Atlanta, GA. Just found out that in order to take my power
      chair (which I NEED and can't be without for a whole week) I'll have
      to take a train on Thursday and stay over until Friday in Boston so I
      can catch the train at 9:45 AM. I cannot catch a later train because
      I'll miss my pick-up in Maine.

      I'm a 28-year-old woman graduate student in an electric wheelchair
      who requires a fully wheelchair accessible toilet but not shower
      (another that would be a treat, I have a tub at home) with Cerebral
      Palsy. My PCA is a bright 22-year-old Brandeis graduate. We'll both
      clean, responsible, and good company (we can be as quiet or as
      talkative as you like).

      I don't really have the funds to stay in a hotel, so if you live in
      the Boston area (anywhere that's a reasonable bus or t-ride from
      boston north station) and can help call me at (413) 210-6301 or reply
      to this e-mail.

      Sincerely,
      Martina Dianne Robinson
    • l murray
      Message 2 of 2 , Nov 15, 2004
        Hello Martina,

        Not sure but check out this link under Accessible Housing at our Disability Shop here:  http://www.bcdisabilities.com/bcdisforum/viewtopic.php?t=32&sid=14a9bc0cc880af03e8aa21603c3c1888.  These guys seem to be in the loop.  They are based in Pennsylvania but they seem to reach out worldwide.  Good luck and please let us know if you locate a service that's helpful and that we should know about.

        Louise at
        Tracking disability worldwide.

        cripactivist <robinsonconscious@...> wrote:

[...]

        http://us.click.yahoo.com/J8kdrA/y20IAA/yQLSAA/iGurlB/TM