Briefing about NUJ and DDA on the web

  • ju90
    Message 1 of 1 , Nov 3, 2004
      Thanks again for all of the messages of congratulations and support I've
      received since the judgment was announced in my Disability Discrimination
      Act (DDA) case against the NUJ. In response to a number of requests for a
      briefing about this, I've posted an article/blog/whatever on my website at
      http://www.ju90.co.uk/nuj.htm

      As well as providing background information on the case, this looks at my
      experiences of the legal process and gives examples of the kind of
      difficulties that disabled people face in enforcing their rights. This is
      cross-referenced with new research from the Disability Rights Commission
      showing that the majority of disabled people taking discrimination cases
      have similar experiences. It looks at the lessons I've learned about the DDA
      since the discrimination occurred, and supports calls for changes in the
      law.

      Please feel free to link to this website and pass the URL on to anyone else
      who might be interested. For permission to reprint the article, either in
      part or whole, or to use it for training purposes, email me on
      mail@...

      Regards

      Ju Gosling