Re: [disabilitystudies] Reminder - Death of Richard Jenne. 1945

  • kirkindall@comcast.net
    Message 1 of 7 , May 26, 2004
      At the same time homosexuals were still being kept in prison camps. This was all done under the watchful eyes of the allies. At this time much of the world was divided up into colonies that were administered by the Industrial countries. The US was no exception. At that time, our government used the military to intervene in Central America to maintain banana republics. World War II was like WWI a war for control of colonies. This blows the myth that WWII was the good war to stop the evils of fascism.
      Our government is using troops to occupy Iraq. It is a myth that we are liberating Iraq. This war is for control of oil. Under this occupation, the extreme poverty and lack of access to medical aid is hurting the individuals with disabilities in Iraq.
      As a solution we need to support Iraq workers striking for living wages, defend women protester who do not want to return to feudal religious laws.

      Glenn Kirkindall
      Portland, Oregon

      > Death of Richard Jenne. 1945
      >
      > Date: Saturday, May 29, 2004
      > Time: All Day
      >
      > "Twenty-one days after Germany's unconditional surrender,
      > Richard Jenne, just four years old, became the last victim of
      > the euthanasia killers". This happened on 29 May, 1945, in the
      > children's ward of the Kaufbeuren-Irsee state hospital in
      > Bavaria,Germany more than three weeks after troops from the USA,
      > had occupied the town.
      >
      > The Origins of Nazi Genocide: From Euthanasia to the Final
      > Solution by Henry riedlander, 1995. p.163.
      >

      > To Subscribe, please send a blank message to:
      > disabilitystudies-subscribe@...
      >
      > To Unsubscribe, please send a blank message to:

      > Yahoo! Groups Links

    • l murray
      Message 2 of 7 , May 27, 2004
        Glenn,

        Please tell me more about Richard Jenne and the treatment of homosexuals generally during the WWII.  An excellent play called Bent emerged from those stories.  It played here in Vancouver for quite awhile and I think it was made into a film, but I've never seen it.  Does the Holocaust Museum website in Washington D.C. adequately present that aspect of the camps, in your view?  I used to visit that site a lot about 10 yrs ago and look up the political folk songs that made their way through the camps, often providing important messages.  Hollywood only reports one uprising at a camp but the museum site suggests there more than a few.

        What are your throughts, Glenn, on the new Michael Moore film, which suggests that the Bushers went to war to profit some of their old Saudi pals from the days in the Texas oil business?  Caused quite a stir at Cannes and will likely claim the coveted prize there.

        Louise

        kirkindall@... wrote:
        At the same time homosexuals were still being kept in prison camps. This was all done under the watchful eyes of the allies. At this time much of the world was divided up into colonies that were administered by the Industrial countries. The US was no exception. At that time, our government used the military to intervene in Central America to maintain banana republics. World War II was like WWI a war for control of colonies. This blows the myth that WWII was the good war to stop the evils of fascism.
        Our government is using troops to occupy Iraq. It is a myth that we are liberating Iraq. This war is for control of oil. Under this occupation, the extreme poverty and lack of access to medical aid is hurting the individuals with disabilities in Iraq.
        As a solution we need to support Iraq workers striking for living wages, defend women protester who do not want to return to feudal religious laws.

        Glenn Kirkindall
        Portland, Oregon

        > Death of Richard Jenne. 1945
        >
        > Date: Saturday, May 29, 2004
        > Time: All Day
        >
        > "Twenty-one days after Germany's unconditional surrender,
        > Richard Jenne, just four years old, became the last victim of
        > the euthanasia killers". This happened on 29 May, 1945, in the
        > children's ward of the Kaufbeuren-Irsee state hospital in
        > Bavaria,Germany more than three weeks after troops from the USA,
        > had occupied the town.
        >
        > The Origins of Nazi Genocide: From Euthanasia to the Final
        > Solution by Henry riedlander, 1995. p.163.
        >

        > To Subscribe, please send a blank message to:
        > disabilitystudies-subscribe@...
        >
        > To Unsubscribe, please send a blank message to:

        > Yahoo! Groups Links

        http://us.click.yahoo.com/L5YrjA/eSIIAA/yQLSAA/iGurlB/TM

        Yahoo! Groups Links

        http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/

        Message 3 of 7 , May 30, 2004
          I don't think that Richard Jenne knew about any form of sexuality as
          he was only 4 years old when he was murdered.

          Keith

          --- In disabilitystudies@yahoogroups.com, l murray <lmm789@y...>
          wrote:
          > Glenn,
          >
          > Please tell me more about Richard Jenne and the treatment of
          homosexuals generally during the WWII. An excellent play called Bent
          emerged from those stories. It played here in Vancouver for quite
          awhile and I think it was made into a film, but I've never seen it.
          Does the Holocaust Museum website in Washington D.C. adequately
          present that aspect of the camps, in your view? I used to visit that
          site a lot about 10 yrs ago and look up the political folk songs that
          made their way through the camps, often providing important
          messages. Hollywood only reports one uprising at a camp but the
          museum site suggests there more than a few.

          > What are your throughts, Glenn, on the new Michael Moore film,
          which suggests that the Bushers went to war to profit some of their
          old Saudi pals from the days in the Texas oil business? Caused quite
          a stir at Cannes and will likely claim the coveted prize there.

          > Louise
        • l murray
          Message 4 of 7 , Jun 1, 2004
            Yes, I realize he was only four, but your previous message also made reference, if I'm not mistaken, to the Nazis'  treatment of homosexuals.  Sorry if I misread your comments.

            Louise

            http://us.click.yahoo.com/Z1wmxD/DREIAA/yQLSAA/iGurlB/TM

            Message 5 of 7 , Jun 1, 2004
              Keith,

              Here is the message to which I was replying:

              To:disabilitystudies@yahoogroups.com
              From:kirkindall@...  Add to Address BookAdd to Address Book
              Date:Thu, 27 May 2004 05:58:40 +0000
              Subject:Re: [disabilitystudies] Reminder - Death of Richard Jenne. 1945

              Message 6 of 7 , Jun 5, 2004

                I think there was a slight confusion between my post and Glenn's.