Reminder - Death of Roman Emperor Claudius [41 - 54...

  • disabilitystudies@yahoogroups.com
    Message 1 of 8 , Sep 28, 2003

      Death of Roman Emperor Claudius [41 - 54] CE

      Date: Monday, October 13, 2003
      Time: All Day

      Born 1 August 10 B.C.E. First Disabled Emperor (presumed to have
      had cerebral palsy
      (Moorhead) Died 13th October 54 Deliberately poisoned by his own
      doctor Xenophon.
      He wrote 41 books, as Emperor he conquered Britain, freed
      'infirm' or disabled slaves. After death declared a god.Tacitus
      - Sources: Suetonius, Pliny the Elder, Pliny the Younger,
      Sennca, Tacitus, St. Mark's Gospel, etc.
    • J.M.Parry
      Message 2 of 8 , Oct 1 2:45 AM
        Hi there -
        this information about Emporer Claudius is really fascinating and I would love
        to know more. Not quite sure what the 'event' is that is mentioned, but I
        would love to get refernces for the sources of the information used for this.
        Can you help?
        many thanks
        Jenny Parry

        Quoting disabilitystudies@yahoogroups.com:

        > Death of Roman Emperor Claudius [41 - 54] CE
        >
        > Date: Monday, October 13, 2003
        > Time: All Day
        >
        > Born 1 August 10 B.C.E. First Disabled Emperor (presumed to have
        > had cerebral palsy
        > (Moorhead) Died 13th October 54 Deliberately poisoned by his own
        > doctor Xenophon.
        > He wrote 41 books, as Emperor he conquered Britain, freed
        > 'infirm' or disabled slaves. After death declared a god.Tacitus
        > - Sources: Suetonius, Pliny the Elder, Pliny the Younger,
        > Sennca, Tacitus, St. Mark's Gospel, etc.
        >

        > To Subscribe, please send a blank message to:
        > disabilitystudies-subscribe@...
        >
        > To Unsubscribe, please send a blank message to:

        This mail sent through http://webmail.bangor.ac.uk
      • Jamie Wilson
        Message 3 of 8 , Oct 1 3:10 AM
          I would like this information as well, please. Please reply to this
          listserver.

          Jamie

          PS this message has been dictated using voice recognition software. As a
          result it may contain words wrongly interpreted. ... Please, just enjoy!

          --
          This mail sent through http://webmail.bangor.ac.uk

          Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to
          Message 4 of 8 , Oct 5 4:02 PM

            Death of Roman Emperor Claudius [41 - 54] CE

            Date: Monday, October 13, 2003
            Time: All Day

            Born 1 August 10 B.C.E. First Disabled Emperor (presumed to have
            had cerebral palsy
            (Moorhead) Died 13th October 54 Deliberately poisoned by his own
            doctor Xenophon.
            He wrote 41 books, as Emperor he conquered Britain, along with
            16 elephants - freed 'infirm' or disabled slaves. After death
            Message 5 of 8 , Sep 28, 2005

              Death of Roman Emperor Claudius [41 - 54] CE

              Message 6 of 8 , Oct 5 4:02 PM

                Death of Roman Emperor Claudius [41 - 54] CE