Re: [disabilitystudies] About Peter Singer

  • Adryan Linden
    Message 1 of 4 , Feb 19, 2003
      Hi, Jennifer.

      I have both meet him in person here in Sweden and I have had an e-mail
      correspondence with him.
      Mr. Singer is smart, clever, polite and a good speaker. My personal feeling
      about him is that his personal traits combined with his utilitarian thinking
      makes him to a deadly foe. Because he can trick and deceive many people who
      isn't prepared for the encounter with him.
      He is also totally immune against emotional arguments, because his
      utilitarian thinking has made him ice-cold logical. So you always need to
      attack him on those basis, not on emotions.

      Sincerly,
      Adryan

      "A turn to class politics and historical materialism, fully cognizant of its
      risks and limitations, is what the disability rights movements need most."
      --- Marta Russell and Ravi Malhotra, "Capitalism and Disability"

      "War is the health of the state."
      --- Randolph S. Bourne, "The State"

      "[United States]...is guilty of just what every dominant race is guilty of
      in every European country: the imposition of its own culture upon the
      minority peoples."
      --- Randolph S. Bourne

      "Friendships are fragile things, and require as much handling as any other
      fragile and precious thing."
      --- Randolph S. Bourne

      "Disability is not a 'brave struggle' or 'courage in the face of
      adversity'...disability is an art. It's an ingenious way to live." ---
      Neil
      Marcus