Re: [disabilitystudies] Re: No Gas Masks For People With Disabilities

  • Jim MacLeod
    Message 1 of 4 , Jan 6, 2003

      I could not agree more Keith.

      Jim MacLeod

       "Keith Armstrong <keitharm@...>" <keitharm@...> wrote:

      Racism and disability discrimination often go together.
      Many US Black disabled slaves were simply murdered by their 'owners'.
      Israel is not interested in peace.

      Keith

      War makes good people sick.

      --- In disabilitystudies@yahoogroups.com, Jim MacLeod
      wrote:

      > I find this absolutely disgusting. It is more than apparent that
      the right wing rulers in Israel hold little regard for the lives of
      their disabled citizens!
      > But it is hardly surprising when we have witnessed horrific attacks
      on the Palestinian people for decades.
      > Is it little wonder at times that this gives extremist groups
      inexcusable reason to blow up innocent Israeli citizens? Terrorist
      attacks are normally followed by terrorist reprisals.
      > If only these races of people could live in peace.
      > However, back to the point re the gas mask issue. This is a human
      rights issue that should be well spread around the world media.

      > Jim MacLeod
      >

      > Dave Reynolds wrote:No Gas Masks For People With
      Disabilities
      > By Dave Reynolds, Inclusion Daily Express
      > January 2, 2003
      >
      > TEL AVIV, ISRAEL--As many as 25,000 Israelis with developmental and
      other
      > disabilities have no protection from biological or chemical attacks.
      >
      > According to an article in the independent newspaper Ha'aretz, the
      Israeli