Hello

  • mark sherry
    Message 1 of 5 , Jan 16, 2001
      Hello

      My name is Mark Sherry. I had a brain injury in 1992, a serious car
      accident where I nearly died.

      I am interested in lots of things about disability, and thought I
      would come and check out this website.

      I hope to finish my PhD this year, I am studying brain injury and the
      social and medical models of disability.

      I have published some work, including on hate crimes, abuse, access,
      brain injury, and the social model of disability.

      Nice to meet you

      Cheers

      Mark

      http://personal.mail.yahoo.com/
    • keith armstrong
      Message 2 of 5 , Jan 16, 2001
        Mark

        you are most welcome.

        BTW where has your work been published.

        Is any of your writings it on the net?

        all best wishes

        Keith

        --- In disabilitystudies@egroups.com, mark sherry <markdsherry@y...>
        wrote:
        > Hello
        >
        > My name is Mark Sherry. I had a brain injury in 1992, a serious car
        > accident where I nearly died.
        >
        > I am interested in lots of things about disability, and thought I
        > would come and check out this website.
        >
        > I hope to finish my PhD this year, I am studying brain injury and
        the
        > social and medical models of disability.
        >
        > I have published some work, including on hate crimes, abuse, access,
        > brain injury, and the social model of disability.
        >
        > Nice to meet you
        >
        > Cheers
        >
        > Mark
      • mark sherry
        Message 3 of 5 , Jan 16, 2001
          I have a paper on hate crimes which is available through the Women
          With Disabilities Australia website.

          You can access it at the following address

          http://www.wwda.org.au/hate.htm

          My writing on access includes a chapter just published in a book
          called "Promises, Promises: Disability and Terms of Inclusion". The
          book is an Australian collection edited by Mike Clear and published
          by the Federation Press. All the money from this book is going to
          fund scholarships for disabled people.

          The website for Federation Press is

          http://www.fedpress.aust.com/

          I also gave a paper on brain injury and the social model of
          disability which you can access online

          It is available through the social relations of disability research
          network. The website address is:
          http://www.arts.unsw.edu.au/socialwork/brain.rtf

          I hope you find them interesting

          Cheers

          Mark

          http://personal.mail.yahoo.com/
        • Chase
          Message 4 of 5 , Jan 16, 2001
            Hello,
            My name is Phil Chase - today, I asked to join your group.   As a member of another listserv, I was intrigued by the challenge to take the Disability History Quiz - this announcement led me to your group.  I am a faculty member of a rehabilitation counseling program at the University of Georgia and know it is time to revisit our program's emphasis and curriculum - hopefully, you can help me.

            Phil
          • keith armstrong
            Message 5 of 5 , Jan 16, 2001
              Phil

              I hope you find this first quiz to be easy.

              Although it is likely to get harder later on.

              keith