Disability History Quiz No.1

  • keith armstrong
    Message 1 of 7 , Jan 15, 2001
      Disability History Quiz No.1

      See the Rules in the Files Section:Disability History Quiz
      before entering///thank you.

      1 In what year was I.Y.P.D?

      2 In what year did the BBC ban a disability rights?
      alternative question
      Who was the singer/composer?

      3 What contribution did Anna Sewell [1820-1878.] make
      to literature

      4 Which American President did not like photographs taken of
      him
      while he was in his wheelchair?

      5 Why is "A GNU" significant to disability history?
    • jacky0greene@bitch.org
      Message 2 of 7 , Jan 19, 2001
        What does I.Y.P.D mean?

        Many thanks for any help.

        Jacky

        --- In disabilitystudies@egroups.com, "keith armstrong"

      • timbersstud@cs.com
        Message 3 of 7 , Jan 20, 2001
          Is Your Pig Dead?
        • keitharm@postmaster.co.uk
          Message 4 of 7 , Jan 21, 2001
            Jacky

            The initials I.Y.D.P. stand for "International Year for Disabled
            People" . It was first proposed and sponsered United Nations by the
            government of Libya. It was later cosponsored by many countries
            including the USA and the UK. The year was in the early 80's.

            In the UK there were many discussions by members of groups controlled
            by the disability community. The title was later changed
            to "International Year of Disabled People". Many groups were
            unprepared for the year with publicity dominated by groups
            run by nondisabled people.

            The argument between groups controlled or not controlled by members
            of the disability community. This has resulted with the setting up
            of the British Council of Organisation
            of Disabled People (B.C.O.D.P.)

            Keith

            Message 5 of 7 , Jan 21, 2001
              keith

              thank you for your detailed reply

              Jacky

              -- In disabilitystudies@egroups.com, keitharm@p... wrote:
              > Jacky
              >

              > The initials I.Y.D.P. stand for "International Year for Disabled
              > People" . It was first proposed and sponsered United Nations by
              the
              > government of Libya. It was later cosponsored by many countries
              > including the USA and the UK. The year was in the early 80's.
              >
              > In the UK there were many discussions by members of groups
              controlled
              > by the disability community. The title was later changed
              > to "International Year of Disabled People". Many groups were
              > unprepared for the year with publicity dominated by groups
              > run by nondisabled people.
              >
              > The argument between groups controlled or not controlled by members
              > of the disability community. This has resulted with the setting up
              > of the British Council of Organisation
              > of Disabled People (B.C.O.D.P.)

            • mark sherry
              Message 6 of 7 , Jan 22, 2001
                Could someone please send me the quiz again?

                I have received all the correspondence about it, but npot the actual
                quiz.

                Thanks

                Mark Sherry

                http://auctions.yahoo.com/
              • keitharm@postmaster.co.uk
                Message 7 of 7 , Jan 23, 2001
                  Mark

                  I have now put the questions in the FILES section under the title
                  of "Quiz Questions".

                  I hope that helps

                  Keith

                  --- In disabilitystudies@egroups.com, mark sherry <markdsherry@y...>