Re: [disabilitystudies] Fw: Day of the non disabled

  • Maria B
    Message 1 of 6 , Dec 12, 2001
      I concur, it makes little sense as well
      Maria
      ----- Original Message -----
      Sent: Wednesday, December 12, 2001 5:10 AM
      Subject: RE: [disabilitystudies] Fw: Day of the non disabled

      Is this intended as a joke or sarcasm? I don't find it humorous. There is too much ostracizing that I experienced toward my having neurofibromatosis.

      Glenn Kirkindall

    • keith_auk
      Message 2 of 6 , Dec 12, 2001
        --- In disabilitystudies@y..., "Maria B" <mariab@c...> wrote:
        > What???

        Maria

        'What' is a good reaction.

        This came out of the DAN list, DAN is the UK's equivalent to ADAPT.

        I am not the author, however I think it reflects a sense that Dec. 3rd
        is not funded to be a celebration of UK's disability community.

        All best wishes

        Keith
      • keith_auk
        Message 3 of 6 , Dec 12, 2001
          Glenn

          I have had a major and sometimes life threatening impairment, since I
          was 6 months old.

          It certainly was'nt circulated in order to support any discrimination
          or isolation against our community.

          Keith