I fear that my head will stand no thought but I would sooner be the wretched

    Message 1 of 2 , Oct 19, 2001
      "I fear that my head will stand no thought,
      but I would sooner be the wretched
      contemptible invalid , which I am,
      than live the life of an idle squire."

      Charles Darwin (undated)

      Source:

      "To Be an Invalid - the illness of Charles Darwin"

      Ralph Colp, Jr., Univ. of Chicago, 1977.
      Message 2 of 2 , Oct 24, 2001
        Some thoughts on the great Charles Darwin, did he suffer from
        internalised oppression? Or do his ideas represent early disability
        rights?

        discuss . . . .

        Keith

        --- In disabilitystudies@y..., "Keith Armstrong" <keitharm@p...>