fellowship opportunity

  • cripfemme@aol.com
    Message 1 of 2 , Nov 4, 2000
      Got this from another list. I think disabled people should apply as
      a political action. We need to remind the world and all to often
      ourselves that our disability doesn't contitute our entire personhood.

      Sincerely,
      Martina
      Please Forward this:

      Applications Available for the Bannerman Fellowship Program for
      Activists
      of Color

      The Bannerman Fellowship Program gives long-time activists of color
      financial support in the amount of $15,000 to take sabbaticals of
      three
      months or more. Previous Bannerman fellows have worked on a broad
      range of
      issues, from environmental justice to immigrant rights, from political
      empowerment to economic revitalization. Bannerman Fellows have the
      freedom
      to use their sabbaticals in what- ever way they think will best re-
      energize them for the work ahead, and no product (other than a brief
      report) is required upon completion of the sabbatical. In order to be
      eligible, applicants must be an individual of color, have at least 10
      years' experience as a community activist, be committed to
      continuing work
      for social change, and be a resident of the United States or its
      territories. Visit the Bannerman Fellowship Web site for more
      information
      on the program and to download an application.

      Contact:
      Bannerman Fellowship Program
      1627 Lancaster Street
      Baltimore, MD 21231