call for articles about disability and the media

  • Amy Kelly
    Message 1 of 1 , Mar 31, 2001

      Hello,

      I am a graduate of Wheelock College in Boston, MA. My sociology professor, Dr. Gail Dines, is the co-editor of "Gender, Race and Class in Media: a text-reader", 1995, Sage Publications, Thousand Oaks, CA.

      She has begun work on the second edition, and is looking for at least one piece on disability in the media.  It must be written from a media studies perspective, set within a media studies paradigm, not a narrative or general discussion.

      If you have written such a piece and are interested in contributing it to this second text-reader, please email her directly at gaildines@...

      Amy Kelly, Arlington, MA