Re: [disabilitystudies] File - Guidelines for posting

    Message 1 of 145 , Oct 1, 2010
      Frankly, I'd like to challenge the 'blatant self-promo' sanction. I think people with disabilities earn the right daily to promote their interests, causes and accomplishments. They also have the insider's view on disability supports and how best to access them. I think the community does nothing but benefit from self-promotion and indeed much have I learned members promoting their Web sites, videos, campaigns and so on. I don't think I have even once noticed anything here remotely resembling spam. I would therefore ask moderator to use a very light hand in reproaching anyone with the confidence to boost his own industry, which, again, is quite likely to benefit us all.