FYI Help Stop NF2

  • Glenn
    Message 1 of 1 , Jun 7, 2010
      Hi everyone,
      FYI I have NF1 and wanted to share this fundraiser to support research to stop NF2.

      Glenn Kirkindall
      Portland, Orgon
      Dear friends,

      In my previous newsletter, the link to donate toward our half marathon run for NF was not working. I apologize for any inconvenience. I have included an updated version with the correct link below or visit this url: http://www.active.com/donate/nfseattle2010/RDufek1
      Also, we are now setup to accept online donations to our foundation Kili Trek event at http://climbfornf2.org/ Thanks for your support!
      Help Stop NF2
      Life Coaching Header Image

      "What lies behind us and what lies before us, are small matters compared to what lies within us."

      "The Plan" May 26, 2010
      In This Issue
      Our Mission To Serve
      Quick Links

      NF Endurance

      Kilimanjaro Trek

      To follow my training
      Please help us to reach our $700 committment to improving the lives of patients worldwide with Neurofibromatosis.

      Click here to donate
      For a $15 donation I will happily wear a ribbon with the name of a loved one you would like to honor with NF or cancer. Please provide the full name and specify if your honoree has NF, cancer, or both.
      After the event, the ribbons will be made into a commemorative keepsake bookmark for you.

      Kilimanjaro Model
      Gold's Gym NW trainer Kevin King modeling our 10-10-10 Kilimanjaro event shirts
      Click here for a closeup view of our cool Kili climb shirts

      Special thanks to our current sponsors:

      Cesari Direct
      Gold's Gym NW
      Radia
      Cobalt Mortgage
      Thinkspace
      Exclusive Home Realty

      Dear friends and family,

      Happy 2010!

      I hope your year so far has been spectacular! I have been quite fortunate as I have had a marvelous recovery following my October brain surgery - a merciful blessing that has allowed me to get back on my feet quickly to serve others in need of my assistance.

      I have you to thank for continuing to support me over the years with prayers, encouragement, motivation and charitable contributions. Without your gracious involvement, I could have not accomplished so many goals and fulfilled a life of purpose. Please find in this newsletter what exciting adventures we have in store this year and opportunities we have to offer you to make a difference within our global community.

      Sincerely,
      Rebecca Dufek
      Help Stop NF2 Foundation

      Our Mission to Serve
      We are hard at work training for some very big plans for awareness. First off, Harley, my sister and I will all be running in the Seattle Rock and Roll half marathon this June for the national NF Endurance team. Please help motivate us to finish the 13.1 mile run and reach our goal by clicking on the link to donate to the left of "Our Mission to Serve".

      In the meantime, we have been busy coordinating a hiking expedition to Mt. Kilimanjaro in Africa with the intent to summit on 10-10-10, October 10th, 2010. A Seattle production team will be joining us and making a movie of our climb called "The Perseverence Factor".
      There are still spots open on the team if you are up to the challenge and adventure. Visit www.climbforNF2.org to find out details on our itinerary and how to get involved.
      We will also have an opportunity to donate to our Kilimanjaro trek soon.
      If you would like to help out in another way by volunteering your time or talents, please email me at bluediverbeck@...

      Plans are in the works to have a charity golf tournament, auction, and benefit dinner.

      To follow my training and progress, visit my website the NF2 Odyssey found under the "Quick Links" section in the box on the left side of this page.
      About Us
      Thank your for following along with our progress and your support. The Help Stop NF2 foundation became an official nonprofit started by my husband Harley Dufek in October 2009. Our mission is to raise awareness of the genetic disorder Neurofibromatosis Type II - NF2, to encourage the interest of researchers to this disorder and provide funding for promising therapies. Our goal is to seek the discovery of less invasive treatments that will preserve vital functions and hopefully one day lead to a cure.

      About Rebecca
      I am one of the few lucky patients in the world able to raise awareness for NF as well as cancer as a charity endurance athlete. In addition to representing patients with NF, I am also a cancer survivor of Hodgkin's lymphoma, a brain tumor survivor who has endured 1 radiosurgery and 2 brain surgeries, a disabled athlete with balance and visual impairments, and a person living with total deafness.My passion for life is what drives me to live life to the fullest and lead by example.