Support Defying Limitations

  • Angela Best
    Message 1 of 5 , May 14, 2010
    I am 28 years old and have Spina Bifida.  I am currently a student at Cal State Dominguez Hills

    Growing up I was very sheltered and had no idea of all I could accomplish until mentors came into my life and inspired, encouraged, and challenged me.  I have started this organization to help children who are like myself, to give back the gift that I received through mentorship.  Please see the attached flyer about Defying Limitations and the Pepsi Refresh Project.  With your groups support, we can win the Pepsi grant and expand Defying Limitations' programs.

    We thank you for accepting us into your group and for all that you do for children with Spina Bifida.

    Best Regards,

    Angela Best
    Co-Founder, Defying Limitations

    Message 2 of 5 , May 17, 2010
      This is a small although long lasting discussion group, as such, there isn't any resource to endorse any members project outside of this group, no matter how good the project is.

      I wish you well in your project,
      Keith

      This is a small discussion group. As such, there is not the resouces to endorse members proj

      Message 3 of 5 , May 18, 2010

        Good response, Keith! Thanks. There's no shortage of competing, similar causes, unfortunately, and we're ALL looking to the same funding sources. Hey, by the way, what do you think of the new coalition? How does it bode for people with disabilities, who are rarely anyone's top priority. Also, have you got a YouTube channel yet for your tours of the city? I'm a great fan of those apres-theatre pilgrimages of yours!

        Message 4 of 5 , May 18, 2010
          Am ALWAYS on the lookout for YouTube videos to embed in pages like this one: http://www.askbiblitz.com/disability.php. Pls circulate to musician pals!