Re: [disabilitystudies] Death of Richard Jenne. 1945, 5/28/2009, 12:00 am

  • laura gardner
    Message 1 of 7 , May 26 8:27 AM
      i live in az. and i love the desert. i miss being able to go hiking. i grew up in the michigan snow. i dont miss it a bit

      From: laura gardner <madamfufu2002@ yahoo.com>
      To: disabilitystudies@ yahoogroups. com
      Date: Tuesday, May 26, 2009, 1:09 AM

      the disabled were among the first to be killed. where are the documentaries about that?

      Date: Thursday May 28, 2009
      Time: All Day
      Repeats: This event repeats every year.
      Notes: "Twenty-one days after Germany's unconditional surrender, Richard Jenne, just four years old, became the last victim of the euthanasia killers". This happened on 29 May, 1945, in the children's ward of the Kaufbeuren-Irsee state hospital in Bavaria,Germany more than three weeks after troops from the USA, had occupied the town.

      Source:

      The Origins of Nazi Genocide: From Euthanasia to the Final Solution by Henry Friedlander, University of North Carolina Press, 1995. p.163.

    • laura gardner
      Message 2 of 7 , May 26 10:12 AM
        why do we never see those videos
        are we not people too? the docs told my mom when i was born to put me away and forget it because i wouldnt live past age 3 and if i did i would be a vegetable. neither has happened. if it did i must be the first vegetable to get a bachelors degree.
        why do we still have to be second rate people?
        im tired of having to apply for govt help and demean myself and suck in the work ethic i was raised on just because nobody sees potential
        i feel like im living dead already