Re: [disabilitystudies] New White House disability site

    Message 1 of 2 , Jan 21, 2009
      Thanks, Keith.

      Isn't it wonderful? It's like being able to breathe again. I especially like the Participate link via the Public Liaison Office. I notice Gobama lists added funding for enforcement of the ADA, a piece of legislation that's actually REDUCED! employment opptys for people with disabilities! I found this great book about a month ago at UBC, which explains pretty much why the legislation has proved so difficult - http://www.bcdisabilities.com/bcdisforum/viewtopic.php?p=347#347. Hopefully, this will all change now.

      How's Gordon Brown doing, in your view, by the way? I read Country Life whenever I can get it at the library and all the columnists seem to want to toss him over agricultural issues
      alone. Anything of interest for people with disabilities? I see that UNLIKE the U.S., British vets have a wonderful new health and rehab facility thanks to fundraising initiatives by a former soldier.

      Louise