Re: Comments please.

    Message 1 of 5 , Sep 24 9:49 AM
      Hi Everyone,

      I'm doing some research at the moment on what to know about claiming disabiltiy benefits contained in a workplace insurance plan (basically, get a lawyer early on while the fight is still winnable - before you end up on the public roll) and would welcome any comments/questions - anything at all, really - on the stuff so far -

      Concurrently, I'm puzzling over a submission to a royal commission on B.C. workers comp in 1998 by an outfit called the National Institute of Disability Management and Research http://www.nidmar.ca/index.asp, whose recommendations seem very much to favor employers over workers. The fact that the anti-disability B.C. gov't just gave them $1 million grant to 'study' casts even more shadows over the org. Am I wrong to question their commitment this way? Anyone with experience with this group?

      Also, I note that their keynote conference this year is in Germany. Why, I wonder? Is the German disability benefits model notably a world leader we should emulate?

      All comments most gratefully received! And do pass this message along to others who might be interested.