Re: [disabilitystudies] ADAPT Blogswarm

  • Nilesh Singit
    Message 1 of 4 , Aug 2, 2008
      please include me too..

      Nilesh Singit
      nileshsingit@...

      Thank you..

      lm murray wrote:
      > Include me IN! editor@bcdisabiliti es <mailto:editor@bcdisabilities>,
      > http://www.bcdisabi lities.com/ <http://www.bcdisabilities.com/>

      Not happy with your email address?.
      Message 2 of 4 , Aug 2, 2008
        Hello Nilesh!

        How is your disability statutory review coming? Our benefits scheme in B.C.(see http://www.bcdisabilities.com/bcdisforum/viewtopic.php?p=31#31) remains woefully opaque. After five long years in the trenches and despite constitutional protection, people with disabilities STILL have NO access to a reasons for judgment database of ANY kind to help them in an appeal for a wrongly and wrongfully denied benefit. We are definitely NOT anyone's role model. The ministry is free as a bird to lie to applicants about which benefits are provided and under what conditions, and they DO. Unbelievably, I had to fight recently on behalf of a guy whose glasses needed repair! (see http://www.bcdisabilities.com/bcdisforum/viewtopic.php?p=312#312).

        Please, everyone, pass the word that B.C. lies to applicants! It's terribly important to check both the statute AND the regulation to find out the conditions of entitlement. The Coalition for People With Disabilities also have excellent Help Sheets and an Advocacy Access team, who continue to represent appellants at these awful, soul-destroying  tribunals.

        Get the one you really want - millions of new email addresses available now at Yahoo! http://uk.docs. yahoo.com/ ymail/new. html