RE: [disabilitystudies] Re: Top disability rights stories of 2007

  • Dave Reynolds
    Message 1 of 3 , Feb 6, 2008
      Hi Keith,

      Good question.

      I'm not sure, but I think it has more to do with where IDE readers live and
      what interests them, since the list was selected by readers. (I told them
      they had to decide for themselves what made a story a "top" story.)

      For whatever reason, those who voted for the top stories did not vote for
      the ones I had listed from the United Kingdom, Serbia, Iraq, Afghanistan,
      Belgium, Canada, and New Zealand. I thought they were important stories, but
      my readers chose differently.

      I do make it a point for Inclusion Daily Express to be international in
      scope. While only 10 percent of IDE readers are from outside the U.S.,
      almost 40 percent of the stories I include come from outside the US.

      Last month alone, that included 236 stories or links to stories from
      Afghanistan, Angola, Antigua, Australia, Bahamas, Bahrain, Barbados,
      Belgium, Canada, Czech Republic, Ghana, India, Iraq, Ireland, Isreal, Italy,
      Jamaica, Japan, Malawi, Malaysia, Nepal, New Zealand, Nigeria, Pakistan,
      Philippines, Singapore, South Africa, South Korea, Sri Lanka, Taiwan,
      Thailand, Tunisia, Uganda and United Kingdom -- and a total of 404 from the
      US.

      Take a look for yourself and you be the judge:
      http://www.inclusiondaily.com/recent.htm

      Thanks,

      Dave Reynolds, Editor
      Inclusion Daily Express / Inclusion Weekly Review
      International Disability Rights News Service
      http://www.InclusionDaily.com
      News@...