Re: [disabilitystudies] For Louise

    Message 1 of 2 , May 16, 2007
      Your English, like most Romanians I know, is excellent - in keeping with the high value Eastern Europe places on education - evidenced esp in a documentary about child paint sniffers living in Bucharest metro stations who somehow made it to a school once a week.  It is also much better than my Romanian!

      Louise

      P.S. Canadian Council on Disabilities (CCD) based in Winnipeg, Manitoba probably has the best links to programs and alternatives in Canada, but we also legislate in this area provincially.  In B.C., the outfit who knows the most about your topic is the B.C. Coalition for People with Disabilities, a top-drawer organization operated by people with disabilities. Unfortunately, they've been so successful for their clients that the province now regularly challenges their tribunal wins in the far more onerous and expensive court system.

      Anca Muresan <anca_m_2005@...> wrote:
      Dear Louise,
      Thank you for repling to my request.
      I'm not very familliar with the Lyme Disease. But as you said in your message it looks hard enough for the people in this "category". I could say that in Romania-Bucharest (Europe) the people confronting with this kind of disability are almost entirely "invisible".

      My main interest is on people, especially young, with (severe) physical disabilities and what alternatives they have after their parents will not be able to take care of them. I'm willing to know more about studies or research on this particular issue.

      PS Sorry for my poor English.
      Best wishes,
      Anca.

      Give spam the boot. Take control with tough spam protection
      in the all-new Yahoo! Mail Beta.