Re: [disabilitystudies] Re: Cuts for disabled children

    Message 1 of 9 , Feb 27, 2007
      Could you maybe get your fight on the federal roster, esp. now that Tony's on his way out?  What looks like a local fight might be more effectively resolved at the national level.  What does the NHS have to say, if anything, about the cuts? Are there any federal persons or outfits speaking out against them?  Any leadership contenders who might be sympathetic?  The long term effects of this kind of erosion are devastating socially.

      I'll tell you what's bothering me most about the cuts - they look like part of a bigger agenda by Britain to be more like the U.S. with its murderous Darwinist social policies and increasingly Stalinesque legislative system.  Since the Busher, they have let go so many of the cornerstones of common law that it seems to many of us they can no longer  truthfully be considered a common law country.  Canada has been approached to join the EU and I hope we do if only to insulate ourselves a little from the ravages of NAFTA.
      How do you find the media coverage on this issue?

      I sure would like you to win this one.

      Louise
      Abdul Hai <ahai11london@...> wrote:
      We had the local government elections last year and there is no seat
      on offer though that can change due to a case in Wapping about
      electroal fraud.

      All new Yahoo! Mail

    • Abdul Hai
      Message 2 of 9 , Feb 28, 2007
        Many people are contacting MPs but the point is that it is all decided at the local level by councils rather then the Secretary of State who gives out the money.

        Abdul Hai
        Moderator
        Disabled People Tower Hamlets