Re: FWD: Detectives to investigate doctor who suffocated a 'hopeless' newborn ba

    Message 1 of 3 , Sep 3, 2006
      Louise,

      your horror story makes me think about the Jewish lesbian feminist,
      Lillian D. Wald, who campaigned for the killing of children with
      impairments at the Chicago German-American hospital in 1915. Wald's
      attitude was certainly phobic as revealed in book 'The House on Henry
      Street'. It is ironic that her phobic attitudes had an influence on
      the Nazi holocaust against the German and Jewish communities of people
      with impairments and the gas chambers. Non-disabled people later
      suffered the same fate.

      Keith

      --- In disabilitystudies@yahoogroups.com, lm murray <lmm789@...> wrote:

      > Keith, oh herald of good cheer,
      >
      > Just a quick note to tell you how much I enjoy perusing your
      photos, esp. early century aids to invalids, which remind me of that
      strange Cronenberg horror-fest featuring twin mysoginist gynecologists
      - remember them? Eeeeeoooooooooo!