Re: [disabilitystudies] Re: FWD: Is Dial-A-Ride doing you in?

    Message 1 of 7 , Sep 1, 2006
      No money, no will...same old, same old.

      Keith Armstrong <keitharm@...> wrote:
      What is the problem of getting the university to fund accessible
      vehicles that run on electricity?

      Keith

      --- In disabilitystudies@ yahoogroups. com, lm murray <lmm789@...> wrote:

      > Anything I can do to help from the Left Coast of Canada? I'm still
      battling with wealthy locals (unbelievably, mostly physicians!) who
      want to ban accessible buses to the university because they use diesel
      rather than quieter, cleaner electricity. Without these buses, people
      using mobility devices will be at the mercy of something called
      HandyDart, which seems to be the same as the service you complain of.

      Message 2 of 7 , Sep 2, 2006

        no money equals no value! There is plenty of money out there.

        I suspects that the university still considers that people have brains
        in their feet.