Re: [disabilitystudies] Hindi cinema tilting towards the disabled

  • PATRICIA PRATHER
    Message 1 of 4 , Jan 31, 2006
      JEEZ, ABOUT 200 YEARS TOOOOOOLATE....BIG DEAL.....

      Nilesh Singit <singitnilesh@...> wrote:
      Hindi cinema has suddenly become conscious of the
      physically and
      psychologically challenged sections of society.
      Consider this: In Sanjay Leela Bhansali's "Black",
      Rani Mukerji plays a
      deaf-and-blind girl, Amitabh Bachchan, her tutor in
      the film, is going blind
      and also suffers from Alzheimer's disease. A far cry
      from the way we saw the
      traditional hero-heroine axis in our films.

      More :
      http://blog.360.yahoo.com/blog-OGP_w9Q_cqocjcC2XK3kOtkWTeE-?p=33

      Nilesh Singit

      http://www.nileshsingit.com/

      Message 2 of 4 , Feb 1, 2006
        It is never too late! It is good that it has happened.

        There were no films in 1806. However, one film does not equal
        a trend. There again trends go in and out of fashion, that is what
        was wrong with 1981 'Year of Disabled People'.

        Hollywood tendency to give Oscars to nondisabled actors taking on
        the roles of disabled people has to be questioned.

        BTW the Indian singer 'Malay' recorded a song about his experience
        of asthma in 2001. mp3 excerpts of his CD can be heard at:

        --- In disabilitystudies@yahoogroups.com, PATRICIA PRATHER
        <padee_wack@y...> wrote:

        > JEEZ, ABOUT 200 YEARS TOOOOOOLATE....BIG DEAL.....
        >
        > Nilesh Singit <singitnilesh@y...> wrote: Hindi cinema has
        suddenly become conscious of the
        > physically and
        > psychologically challenged sections of society.
        > Consider this: In Sanjay Leela Bhansali's "Black",
        > Rani Mukerji plays a
        > deaf-and-blind girl, Amitabh Bachchan, her tutor in
        > the film, is going blind
        > and also suffers from Alzheimer's disease. A far cry
        > from the way we saw the
        > traditional hero-heroine axis in our films.
        >
        > More :
        > http://blog.360.yahoo.com/blog-OGP_w9Q_cqocjcC2XK3kOtkWTeE-?p=33
        >
        > Nilesh Singit
        >
        > http://www.nileshsingit.com/